[MOD 1.1] Oxygen

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.+] Oxygen

Post by Sacredd »

thomas2003 wrote:Any help would be appreciated.My problem is that if you put this mod in then load an older save you will have no oxygen meter or anything, I can still research the oxygen things, but there is no oxygen meter.

Thanks in advance.

(If you start a new game you do see the oxygen meter.)
Same Problem. How to activate the mod in a save game, where Oxygen wasn't used before?

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

Sacredd wrote:
thomas2003 wrote:Any help would be appreciated.My problem is that if you put this mod in then load an older save you will have no oxygen meter or anything, I can still research the oxygen things, but there is no oxygen meter.

Thanks in advance.

(If you start a new game you do see the oxygen meter.)
Same Problem. How to activate the mod in a save game, where Oxygen wasn't used before?
Implemented now. Be careful about using existing multiplayer savegames.

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

Thanks for the update.
I am getting error if try to start with 1.3.10:
Zwischenablage06.png
Zwischenablage06.png (8.2 KiB) Viewed 6938 times

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

Sacredd wrote:Thanks for the update.
Zwischenablage06.png
It should be fixed :)

Lightning_Bird
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lightning_Bird »

I was getting the recipe with name error, "oxygen-from-atmosphere" whenever I wanted to start a game with with bob's mods.

So I deleted this part from prototypes>oxygen.lua code.

Code: Select all

if data.raw.recipe["water-electrolysis"] == nil then
end
It works now.
Here's my github.
You can find there polish locale etc.

Your game is too dark? Use this
terrain files to make your game look nice and cozy.
Looking for a cool mod pack? Check out this!

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

Natha wrote:
Sacredd wrote:Thanks for the update.
Zwischenablage06.png
It should be fixed :)
Thank you, but stil getting the same error. Its seems not work with other mods, maybe bob's?

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wahming »

A suggestion - have an indicator with the oxygen counter indicating how many full bottles we have left, so I don't have to check my inventory everytime the notification that a bottle has been used appears. Alternatively, include the info in the notification.

'A large oxygen bottle has been used. You have 2 large bottles and 3 small bottles remaining, for approximately 15 minutes (or w/e) of air.'

Even a custom bright red notification (if that's possible?) when you're on your last bottle.

"You're gonna suffocate! Get more oxygen NOW"

Also - would it be possible to increase the AoE of the disperser, maybe in exchange for higher oxygen consumption? 10 squares is way too small. There's no way to cover a megabase or even a medium sized one.

For a challenge, you could implement a pollution mechanic - the more oxygen you're pumping into the atmosphere, the further it spreads :D

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shrooblord »

I like your suggestions, wahming. I second that I'd like them see included, if they're not too much of a hassle. Not sure if copying over how pollution currently works except then for oxygen is in any way hard/performance-decimating.

AT1DAG
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AT1DAG »

Hi

Need help with the mod
i get alwas this error message
control.lua:129:user isn´t connected;can´t read character and than the server crashed - i try it with various savegames - i have a server by nitrado.net
Checksum for script __Oxygen__/control.lua: 3245535382

can anyone help me to fit it ?

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

AT1DAG wrote:Hi

Need help with the mod
i get alwas this error message
control.lua:129:user isn´t connected;can´t read character and than the server crashed - i try it with various savegames - i have a server by nitrado.net
Checksum for script __Oxygen__/control.lua: 3245535382

can anyone help me to fit it ?
Hi, which version of Factorio do you use? This mod is currently only for 0.12, I will update soon.
Is there a line given in which the error occurs (maybe __Oxygen__/control.lua:32; because 3245535382 is too big)

AT1DAG
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AT1DAG »

i used the steam version - version 0.12.35

in the serverlog i get this line
52461.742 Error MultiplayerManager.cpp:110: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running the event handler: __Oxygen__/control.lua:219: User isn't connected; can't read character"
52461.742 Info MultiplayerManager.cpp:913: networkTick(3147686) mapTick(528390) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)

in the game i become this as errormsg
Attachments
oxygen.PNG
oxygen.PNG (62.04 KiB) Viewed 6785 times

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

AT1DAG wrote:i used the steam version - version 0.12.35

in the serverlog i get this line
52461.742 Error MultiplayerManager.cpp:110: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running the event handler: __Oxygen__/control.lua:219: User isn't connected; can't read character"
52461.742 Info MultiplayerManager.cpp:913: networkTick(3147686) mapTick(528390) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)

in the game i become this as errormsg
ok it should be fixed

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.+] Oxygen

Post by Natha »

I made an 0.13 experimental update. Enjoy!

Please report bugs, I'm not sure how it works now in multiplayer.
You can download it directly in the factorio client.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

There is a small bug in the info.json. You have "N.Tech-Chemistry" there while the mod is called "N-Tech chemistry".

There is also an error when the mod is added to an existing save:

Error while running the event handler: __Oxygen__/control.lua:103: attempt to index field 'oxygen-scoreboard' (a nil value)
It seems like the GUI/scoreboard isn't created when one adds the mod into an existing save. If I start a new game, it works fine.

Have you thought about making oxygen consumed only if player is in a chunk that has too much pollution? It would mean that there is no need to start the game with oxygen bottles and it only becomes needed if the player is polluting too much.

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

hoho wrote:There is a small bug in the info.json. You have "N.Tech-Chemistry" there while the mod is called "N-Tech chemistry".

Error while running the event handler: __Oxygen__/control.lua:103: attempt to index field 'oxygen-scoreboard' (a nil value)
It seems like the GUI/scoreboard isn't created when one adds the mod into an existing save. If I start a new game, it works fine.

Have you thought about making oxygen consumed only if player is in a chunk that has too much pollution? It would mean that there is no need to start the game with oxygen bottles and it only becomes needed if the player is polluting too much.
Thanks for your post, the bugfixes will come next version, and I'll look for your suggestion (maybe enableable in the config).

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

The update takes longer than I expected due to problems with oxygen bottle durability and bottle refilling. For those who want to play and get this error:

go to the given file and the given line and replace

for i,p in ipairs(game.players) do
with

for i=1,#game.players do
Sorry for that!

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Natha wrote:I'll look for your suggestion (maybe enableable in the config).
Yes, configurable would be nice. It'd be especialyl nice if we could configure the amount of pollution that triggers oxygen use as well.

Phantum
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Phantum »

hoho wrote:There is a small bug in the info.json. You have "N.Tech-Chemistry" there while the mod is called "N-Tech chemistry".

That sort of implies that the atmosphere is currently breathable though.

Also if you place too many oxygen distributers too close together it completely whites out an area and you can't see anything there o.o
---
I am a Streamer,
Fallen Sun Gaming by Name,
Factorio is Sometimes my Game.
For Some Goodness
Join me
on http://www.twitch.tv/fallensungaming

FSG may or may not be subliminally implanted in this signature

JohnnyBandit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JohnnyBandit »

i'm not sure whats causing it, but sometimes i do not get an empty oxygen bottle back when it runs out of oxygen, is it a bug or do you have a built in break chance or something? if so, could you make the break chance configurable?

Edit: Actually I discovered the problem, the game does not like when you have multiple stacks of the same bottle type: i.e 2 stacks of big bottles, when you have 1 stack it works fine, but when you get a 2nd stack in your inventory, you do not recieve the empty bottles (1 stack big and 1 stack small bottles will work fine)

If mod list matters: bobs mods (all), RSO, Angel's infinite ore
Last edited by JohnnyBandit on Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aeikon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aeikon »

Hey, I'm getting a weird problem. I'm not sure if it's just me not getting how to make it work or not but my oxygen dispenser is not giving me an atmosphere. I'm playing with a bunch of other mods, including N.Tech, but since you made that I doubt it's interfering. The dispenser still takes the oxygen from the chemical plant, it's display shows it correctly using the gas, and it even shows my butt like it's supposed to. I just don't get oxygen around it, my bottles still empty, and I even tried both putting the bottles into a chest and also waited untill I ran out, it acted as if there was no oxygen there. I don't know if starting off with the dispenser in my inventory is any cause, but I didn't touch the config file, it's exactly as downloaded.

I hope this isn't just me being an idiot, like I need to actually research the dispenser before I can even use them, or something.

Return to “Mods”