pY Fusion Energy - Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

Description:

Details:
  • Factorio Version: 0.17.x
  • Version: 1.1.4
  • License: CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
  • Tags: fusion
  • Add fusion reactors that produces copious amounts of energy if you keep the production chain well tuned.
    Add new buildings, recipes and resources.
    Fully compatible with Bob´s mods and vanilla. If use Bobs, you will need at least, bobs plates and their dependencies.
    Avoid depreciation of earlier technologies, the more you progress, more reactors are unlocked, but they don't substitute the older ones.
    This mod will have a dependency: PY Coal Processing
Download: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/pyanodon/pyfusionenergy
Compatibility mod for Angel´s: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/kingarthur/PyCoalTBaA
LONG DESCRIPTION
BASIC ORGANOGRAM
Molybdenum chain
Vanadium chain
Diamond chain
Helium chain
THANKS
Change log
Any doubts, suggestions, bugs, comments and ideas, please write bellow.
Last edited by pyanodon on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:56 am, edited 13 times in total.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] pY Fusion Energy

Post by pyanodon »

The first step in making the components necessary to fusion is extract molybdenum. It´s a key resource for this mod.

Here the production chain for it. This mineral will be available in the same rarity as others bob´s ores such Bauxita or Rutile, not so close to the base.

pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Today we put the first step in the game :D Hey, it´s my first ore! ;D

pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Molybdenum
OMFG

Oh
My
Fabulous
God

:mrgreen:

After niobium i thought, I thought we will be able to be satisfied with availability of this metal but no - the flow of creativity is still stable 8-)

pyanodon i also want new metals to ur fantastic mod
Gallium and Vanadium - just think about that when u'll have free time :roll: :idea:

1) New coating, nice nice
2) Vacuum - and we'll need new special pump - if it so pyanodon, Nexela, pls pls pls add new ways to use rubber and resin, especially rubber
Examples
Rubber plugs, motor belt (to engines -how engine can work without belt or chain???), rubber gasket, flexible rubber hose, protecting casings
3) Dirt water it too most as tailings? U kust want to rename it or its new type of water?
4) Agitator - something like mixer or blender, right?
5) Thickener - i think it'll be new useful machine too
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Molybdenum
OMFG

Oh
My
Fabulous
God

:mrgreen:

After niobium i thought, I thought we will be able to be satisfied with availability of this metal but no - the flow of creativity is still stable 8-)

pyanodon i also want new metals to ur fantastic mod
Gallium and Vanadium - just think about that when u'll have free time :roll: :idea:

1) New coating, nice nice
2) Vacuum - and we'll need new special pump - if it so pyanodon, Nexela, pls pls pls add new ways to use rubber and resin, especially rubber
Examples
Rubber plugs, motor belt (to engines -how engine can work without belt or chain???), rubber gasket, flexible rubber hose, protecting casings
3) Dirt water it too most as tailings? U kust want to rename it or its new type of water?
4) Agitator - something like mixer or blender, right?
5) Thickener - i think it'll be new useful machine too
Remember all the expansions will have PYCP as base, so it will run only with PYCP dependency installed. Im sorry, but rubber wont be available in this mod as well as gallium. We dont need rubber in any way for fusion :D The dirty water is the same tailings in PYCP, not a new fluid. Agitator is a mixer, yes, typical structure into mining companies. Im doing the agitator now, no preview of the thickener yet. :)
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Hello fellow builders!

Today we finished the agitator. an useful building to help processing special ores such as Mo.

pY Coal processing mod

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

looks nice, a bit like being hipnotised :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

foodfactorio wrote:looks nice, a bit like being hipnotised :)

haha thanks :D
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Looks nice
When i told about gallium and vanadium i said u can think about them for the new creations for ur PY system, i understood that u want to create some kind of ur mod system pyanodon

Vanadium can be used:
1) As the alloying component to metal for receiving steady against corrosion and hot strength alloys;
2) For manufacture of a permanent magnet;
3) In ceramic, textile, glass and paint and varnish industry (in particular, vanadium oxide as resistant chemical colorant);
4) By production of lithium batteries and accumulators;
5) As a component when casting tool, stainless and structural steel and also titanium alloys.

Some strange that the subject of ceramics is insufficiently developed in bob's mods, its rarely used

Gallium can be used in electronicsб Gallium and its eutectic alloy with indiy is used as the heat carrier in contours of reactors
Arsenide of GaAs gallium is actively used in superhigh-frequency electronics, junction lasers
Nitride of GaN gallium is used in creation of junction lasers and LEDs of the blue and ultra-violet range. Nitride of gallium has the excellent chemical and mechanical properties typical for all nitride connections

Yes yes there is a lot of reference information but we can think about new resoureces
If we'll have niobium and molybdenum why not??? in future, we can wait ;)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Looks nice
When i told about gallium and vanadium i said u can think about them for the new creations for ur PY system, i understood that u want to create some kind of ur mod system pyanodon

Vanadium can be used:
1) As the alloying component to metal for receiving steady against corrosion and hot strength alloys;
2) For manufacture of a permanent magnet;
3) In ceramic, textile, glass and paint and varnish industry (in particular, vanadium oxide as resistant chemical colorant);
4) By production of lithium batteries and accumulators;
5) As a component when casting tool, stainless and structural steel and also titanium alloys.

Some strange that the subject of ceramics is insufficiently developed in bob's mods, its rarely used

Gallium can be used in electronicsб Gallium and its eutectic alloy with indiy is used as the heat carrier in contours of reactors
Arsenide of GaAs gallium is actively used in superhigh-frequency electronics, junction lasers
Nitride of GaN gallium is used in creation of junction lasers and LEDs of the blue and ultra-violet range. Nitride of gallium has the excellent chemical and mechanical properties typical for all nitride connections

Yes yes there is a lot of reference information but we can think about new resoureces
If we'll have niobium and molybdenum why not??? in future, we can wait ;)
Thanks bud. But Galium is out of that mod since it isnt used in fusion technogies. Maybe in a future one. :)
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Hello again!

Today we finished the thickener. A building to concentrate and split the useful mineral from the waste water :D

pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Nice, now this chain is finished :)

I hope these machines will not serve a single purpose, to let her find more than one application

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Nice, now this chain is finished :)

I hope these machines will not serve a single purpose, to let her find more than one application

Some will have only one, like the vacuum pump..which well....makes vacuum. xD Like PYCP, it starts with their basic recipes and with time more and more are added.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Ouch i forgot i saw the Ammonia on ur scheme- it will be gas?
So this is new cross point with angel's, excellent :)

Do u have already thought up what there will be an ammonia source? I think it can be received as by product? and may be from ur tailings water?
And what has induced you on creation of molybdenum ore?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Ouch i forgot i saw the Ammonia on ur scheme- it will be gas?
So this is new cross point with angel's, excellent :)

Do u have already thought up what there will be an ammonia source? I think it can be received as by product? and may be from ur tailings water?
And what has induced you on creation of molybdenum ore?
Ahhh i chaged to nitrogen dioxide to give it another use among niobium chain.

About molybdenum, was part of the process, the first thing before start scrap out a new mod, i do LOTS of research to make things at least with some level of realism. So Mo is a common metal used to make superalloys which is really needed in fusion reactors. So basically Mo and other metals in this mod and from pycp will be mainly used to make superalloys.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Oh super alloys, i think we will be able to use some alien materiuals and materials, bcuz it FUTURE, not modern times :D
Please tell us what is the new coating for molybdenum? I can't understand...... :?: :idea:

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Oh super alloys, i think we will be able to use some alien materiuals and materials, bcuz it FUTURE, not modern times :D
Please tell us what is the new coating for molybdenum? I can't understand...... :?: :idea:
Divertors and shields used into fusion tends to have coatings of Mo and Ti
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Greetings! Since we closed the first exotic metal chain to make super alloys, time to start the other one. VANADIUM

That´s a very complex chain, i was surprised that metal demands that much of resources, even so, i reduced a lot of steps to not being a nightmare.
But as you can see, the factorio planet is poor in that useful smelting metal. The logic way was to extract it from the life form that tends to concentrate vanadium into their bodies.

That´s the last metal this mod will need. ;)

pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I hope my importunity not strongly have influenced the decision to add vanadium? Ur mod system has many parts of realism, so vanadium will be good addition for smelting system and for alloys ;)

Boggles the mind how many there should have been time to think through and develop such a scheme

and I see that there are multiple closed cycles - for organic solvent and for some types of vpulps

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:I hope my importunity not strongly have influenced the decision to add vanadium? Ur mod system has many parts of realism, so vanadium will be good addition for smelting system and for alloys ;)

Boggles the mind how many there should have been time to think through and develop such a scheme

haah it was planned since beggining. I just dont reveal all at once.
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”