pY Fusion Energy - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] pY Fusion Energy

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote: Yeah electrolysis but i need to put many counts of oxygen, if i'll split the salt water i get get chlorine instead of oxygen and i know where i can use chlorine - i can use it for glass or for plasctic in PetrochemPlus mod :D
If i'll use angel's smelting i can use some part of oxygen for making steel or copper or lead r zinc, but I all the same have decent excess of oxygen - soooooooo...... i need to produce many coal gas....... and make many many many SynGAs to split it on carbon dioxide and hydrogen....... after that i all the same have decent excess of carbon dioxide....... :( I play a little and slowly (work....) therefore did not reach the last technologies :roll: Need to learn where to use this huge counts of carbon dioxide - may be i can use it to make carbon monoxide in angel's petrochem :idea:

You can always vent gases. But if youre using angels or other mods, i dont know how to help. About CO2, try convert it to petroleum gas or even olefins.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

When i'll unlock all ur py technologies i'll be able to produce olefins or petroleum gas
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Next step is small. We need to make superconducting magnets!

pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Nano-materials factory - this is building for PYHT?

Materilas for SCMU - super conductive magnet unit
1) Resin - hurrah we'll use many of it
2) Plastic - hurrah we'll use many of it - i hope so because i can produce a lot of platics from oil or natural gas or from SynGas
3) Nenbit - new alloy = NB+Nx - Nx - nexelit ??

It seems like u are direct force me to ventilate oxygen if i want to get more nitrogen - how many oxygen will vanish in vain, omg.... :roll: :|

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Nano-materials factory - this is building for PYHT?

Materilas for SCMU - super conductive magnet unit
1) Resin - hurrah we'll use many of it
2) Plastic - hurrah we'll use many of it - i hope so because i can produce a lot of platics from oil or natural gas or from SynGas
3) Nenbit - new alloy = NB+Nx - Nx - nexelit ??

It seems like u are direct force me to ventilate oxygen if i want to get more nitrogen - how many oxygen will vanish in vain, omg.... :roll: :|
Yes, it´s a building from PYHT.

3- Nexelit Niobium Titanium
pY Coal processing mod

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Where these hi-tech things can be used pyanodon?
Liquid nitrogen - new important fluid? Cryogenics? Right?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:Where these hi-tech things can be used pyanodon?
Liquid nitrogen - new important fluid? Cryogenics? Right?
Yes. Liquid nitrogen and helium will be used in a lot of high-tech applications. In fusion will be used as coolant to prevents the reactor to melt. :)

The hightech things will be very used in the "possible" PYHT expansion.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

We near at the end of this mod development? Base PYCP is heavy fundament for this mod? just want to watch this reactor or these reactors
And one silly question - if can get too many energy in future where to use it? Are u planing consumers of energy which will eat it with a dessertspoon :D :D :D ? - oh no no no i know one consumer which will eat this energy - do u remember LASER WALLS from NOD fraction in C&C Tiberian Sun? I want this epic wall in game lol http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/11 ... ht_152.gif - looks really awesome ahahahhhhh, what that at me the imagination was played :mrgreen: 8-)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:We near at the end of this mod development? Base PYCP is heavy fundament for this mod? just want to watch this reactor or these reactors
And one silly question - if can get too many energy in future where to use it? Are u planing consumers of energy which will eat it with a dessertspoon :D :D :D ? - oh no no no i know one consumer which will eat this energy - do u remember LASER WALLS from NOD fraction in C&C Tiberian Sun? I want this epic wall in game lol http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/11 ... ht_152.gif - looks really awesome ahahahhhhhб what that at me the imagination was played :mrgreen: 8-)

I could say we are in 80% development of this mod. PYCP is mandatory to this mod work. That energy will be good for other expansions. About defensive systems...not in my plans.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote: About defensive systems...not in my plans.
May be someone else dreaming about powerfull defense system which will consume many energy lol ;)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Greetings!

Today we finished the NanoMaterial Factory. a building from PYHT, but will be required to make advanced materials for the fusion reactor.

Next step is turn that chain ready and balance it. :)
pY Coal processing mod

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

How much time does it usually take you to go from the concept of a new entity to the finished graphics?
I'm pretty new to blender and getting to that level of detail would take me weeks if i could get there at at all :oops:.
Also where do you get the textures, do you make them yourself? Are they generated? The slightly smuged/dirty look e.g at the "ring" on the ground of the base of the center "tower" looks so nice :shock: .
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Looks delightful, can;t wait when we can test this mod :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

eradicator wrote:How much time does it usually take you to go from the concept of a new entity to the finished graphics?
Usually a week. More if i need to work with particles.

eradicator wrote:I'm pretty new to blender and getting to that level of detail would take me weeks if i could get there at at all :oops:.
Nobody started doing things fast and good. Is a very long learning curve. I work with 3D graphics for a while, so i can deliver it more fast due my experience.
eradicator wrote:Also where do you get the textures, do you make them yourself? Are they generated? The slightly smuged/dirty look e.g at the "ring" on the ground of the base of the center "tower" looks so nice :shock: .
Short answer? Internet! You can find great free textures to use. Since Factorio sprites are usually very small (7X7 or 9x9 max) they dont need to be in high resolution. But you wont find everything you need on internet. Some you will need to make yourself like the example you used. Take a look in the main materials i needed to create to bring that effects.

You can see that the "dirt" bitmaps was needed to be made by myself to fit in the design i created. The floor is an example, was just a bitmap made in photoshop here. But the internal walls i had a texture, but missing some specular map, so needed to made it. Other "damaged" effects can be made using procedural maps or combination of both. But mainly, they are made using the program resources (such as glass, bumps, metallic surfaces etc.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Wow u are professional designer i see, ty for this tour of designing ;)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Thanks for the detailed answer! One week heh. I guess i could make the model without textures and half the details in that time :P. I've used Inkscape (2D vector drawing) a lot in the past so doing the mesh as such isn't (that) difficult for me. Except i don't have a good feeling/ideas for details so stuff ends up a bit roughly shaped. But my greatest problem are textures really. The ones i generate mostly only look medium good. And as i kinda "design while modelling" i don't have a good image of the think before so i have to try around a lot before i randomly find something that looks good enough. In the end i just throw in a lot of animations to cover it up :P. (Love doing animations)

Do you have any particularly good sites for sources of free (as in license) textures? Also looks like you're not using blender. Do you have experience using many different programs professionally, or is that just out of habit?

Btw, do you go directly to moddeling, or do you sketch down your ideas on paper before?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Wow u are professional designer i see, ty for this tour of designing ;)
Thanks!
eradicator wrote:Thanks for the detailed answer! One week heh. I guess i could make the model without textures and half the details in that time :P. I've used Inkscape (2D vector drawing) a lot in the past so doing the mesh as such isn't (that) difficult for me. Except i don't have a good feeling/ideas for details so stuff ends up a bit roughly shaped. But my greatest problem are textures really. The ones i generate mostly only look medium good. And as i kinda "design while modelling" i don't have a good image of the think before so i have to try around a lot before i randomly find something that looks good enough. In the end i just throw in a lot of animations to cover it up :P. (Love doing animations)

Do you have any particularly good sites for sources of free (as in license) textures? Also looks like you're not using blender. Do you have experience using many different programs professionally, or is that just out of habit?

Btw, do you go directly to moddeling, or do you sketch down your ideas on paper before?
I dont have any particular site to get textures... about the modeling process, i usually sketch the ideas. But even before i sketch i read a lot about the process and machines to find a purpose.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I have question about methylacrilate
Look at this https://yadi.sk/i/rUT1WjIZ3NwUvw

This recipe more complicated bcuz it requires acetone cyanohydrin? but uses methanol and sulfuric acid too

And where we'll get this ammonium sulfate...

What do u think?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:I have question about methylacrilate
Look at this https://yadi.sk/i/rUT1WjIZ3NwUvw

This recipe more complicated bcuz it requires acetone cyanohydrin? but uses methanol and sulfuric acid too

And where we'll get this ammonium sulfate...

What do u think?

Since i dont have these ingredients in my list, i wont use them. Also..it´s metylMETAacrylate.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Ouch sorry, now I can see that this is a related product :?

Return to “PyMods”