old LTN discussion thread

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

ArienYolocron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.14/0.15] Logistic Train Network 1.1.2

Post by ArienYolocron »

Optera wrote:
Liquid5n0w wrote:I'm getting this error when loading my server, any of the cause? Started since I updated to 0.15.3

18.423 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:93: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running the on_load: Unknown virtual signal name: LTN-fluid-wagon
stack traceback:
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:1375: in function 'UpdateStopOutput'
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:52: in function <__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:48>"
18.423 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:663: mapTick(-1) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InitializationFailed)
Know issue of 1.1.2.
Use the alpha build.
What alpha build, Factorio or LTN, i check your download list and saw no alpha.?

maxtim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by maxtim »

ArienYolocron wrote:What alpha build, Factorio or LTN, i check your download list and saw no alpha.?
Optera mentioned the alpha build here:
Optera wrote:Fully adopting changes in 0.15 is making progress. You can get current test version ready for SP alpha testing on GitHub.
MP will cause the host to crash when changing settings. Basically the only thing keeping me from releasing it.
If you find any other bugs with this version let me know.

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Does LTN support GotLag's Nuclear Locomotives?

SphynxLoL
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SphynxLoL »

Hey, Optera! Using the 2 constant and multiple decider setup for multiple delivery/request sizes pictured below. I run into an issue where multiple trains will get a schedule with whatever the smallest minimum delivery size is (for the bigger deliveries). Below is the setup. The only work around (to my knowledge) is to limit the amount of deliveries to 1. I was hoping maybe you had a better solution. Really trying to master this mod since I am considering doing a 0.15 tutorial/spotlight with the new "Read Train Contents" feature.
Current Setup

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

SphynxLoL wrote:Hey, Optera! Using the 2 constant and multiple decider setup for multiple delivery/request sizes pictured below. I run into an issue where multiple trains will get a schedule with whatever the smallest minimum delivery size is (for the bigger deliveries). Below is the setup. The only work around (to my knowledge) is to limit the amount of deliveries to 1. I was hoping maybe you had a better solution. Really trying to master this mod since I am considering doing a 0.15 tutorial/spotlight with the new "Read Train Contents" feature.
Current Setup
You need to apply the minimum size delivery signal or trains will try to deliver every time something is available

maxtim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by maxtim »

I'm calling it a bug. I don't know if it's my setup or not, but no trains are moving.
Log File Level 4
Using the Alpha build and 0.15.3
Attachments
secondMod3.zip
Save Game
(16.69 MiB) Downloaded 118 times

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

maxtim wrote:I'm calling it a bug. I don't know if it's my setup or not, but no trains are moving.
It's your configuration and setup.
Your global min delivery size is set to 18k while your stations request as little as 1.5k.
Either add min delivery size signals to your stations or reduce the global setting.

PS: a lvl4 logfile should be generated over at least a few seconds so i can actually see something

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.14/0.15] Logistic Train Network 1.2.0

Post by Optera »

Released the true 0.15 update.

some substantial changes where made:
  • removed RailTanker
    The changed pumps no longer connect to Tankers, so I disabled them by having LTN see them a wagons without inventory space and thus will never try using them.
  • added support for fluid wagons and probably any modded versions
  • moved settings from config.lua to global/map mod settings
    currently mod settings have at least one known bug in MP: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=45622

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Updated your mod, deleted Rail Tanker mod, loaded the save — the game started spamming the console with 'Updated stop ID' messages every second for every LTN train stop until I manually removed all stops. Placing new ones makes spam again with initial message 'on_tick subscribed'. OMG >__<

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

hitzu wrote:Updated your mod, deleted Rail Tanker mod, loaded the save — the game started spamming the console with 'Updated stop ID' messages every second for every LTN train stop until I manually removed all stops. Placing new ones makes spam again with initial message 'on_tick subscribed'. OMG >__<
Seems to me like your log level is set to 4: debug.

Currently there's no way for scripts to write mod settings. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45308
You have to manually reset mod settings to default after updating mods.

TaztheRotten
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TaztheRotten »

I have the same prob as Hitzu. i had "smarter trains" for the refueling already, disabled, then deleted that mod, disabled, then re-enable logistic trains, but no change. I don't know or understand "log level set to 4: debug", etc.
My question isthe, is this something that will be fixed in a new update? Or do I need to do something to fix my game? the mod seemed to be working somewhat, just these console spams and the train delivered maybe 2 or 3 items, not hundreds before rerunning the same route over n over.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

TaztheRotten wrote:I have the same prob as Hitzu. i had "smarter trains" for the refueling already, disabled, then deleted that mod, disabled, then re-enable logistic trains, but no change. I don't know or understand "log level set to 4: debug", etc.
My question isthe, is this something that will be fixed in a new update? Or do I need to do something to fix my game? the mod seemed to be working somewhat, just these console spams and the train delivered maybe 2 or 3 items, not hundreds before rerunning the same route over n over.
0.15 introduced mod settings
They can be found under options - mods.

Switch to Map tab and click reset to reset LTN to default values.
I also added default values to every tooltip if you want to reset them manually.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Code: Select all

Error ModManager.cpp:782: Error while loading virtual-signal prototype "LTN-creative-mode_creative-cargo-wagon" (virtual-signal): Couldn't load sprite icon icon from ROOT.virtual-signal.LTN-creative-mode_creative-cargo-wagon
Modifications: LogisticTrainNetwork
Seems you have some issues with creative mod.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

nagapito wrote:

Code: Select all

Error ModManager.cpp:782: Error while loading virtual-signal prototype "LTN-creative-mode_creative-cargo-wagon" (virtual-signal): Couldn't load sprite icon icon from ROOT.virtual-signal.LTN-creative-mode_creative-cargo-wagon
Modifications: LogisticTrainNetwork
Seems you have some issues with creative mod.
Seems like CM0.3.2 changed icon to icons so they can include tint.
I'll add support for that to the next version of LTN. Use CM 0.3.1 meanwhile.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.14/0.15] Logistic Train Network 1.2.1

Post by Optera »

Another update:
fix for Creative Mode 0.3.2.
Tinted to icons are now supported.

Changed some mod setting description and log level to a more descriptive drop down.
Remember to reset the settings manually until factorio does it properly.

Changed reading wagon capacity to use built in 0.15 functionality.
I can now easily add wagons that shouldn't be used for transportation to a blacklist. Currently only RailTanker is blacklisted since the new pumps broke it.
Tell me if I should blacklist wagons like tenders from Yuoki Rail.

Obsiana
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Obsiana »

Danke erstmal für die Arbeit die du in diese Mod steckst.

Es ist das erste mal das ich LTN ausprobiere. Aber irgendwas mache ich falsch. Ich habe eine Station die Öl anfordert in diesem Beispiel 5k mit dem neuen Tankwagen natürlich. Der Zug fährt auch zum Außenposten und Läd das Öl ein aber dann bleibt er einfach stehen und befüllt sich weiter. Nach einiger Zeit wird der Zug Ignoriert. Wenn ich aber in den Optionen den Punkt Finish Loading ausstelle Funktioniert alles wie von mir gewünscht. Also was mach ich evtl falsch?

First thanks for the great Addon.

It is the first Time i try LTN. But what did i wrong. I have a requester Station i request 5k Oil, the Train stop at the Provider Stop and fill the Oil but then it stop working. When i uncheck in the Option the Point Finish Loading it works fine. Sorry my English.

lg Obsiana

MannimMond
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MannimMond »

Same problem here. LTN is sending a train to the station and should load 2k copper but he keeps loading and loading until the train is full or the train times out. :/

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Optera wrote:Changed reading wagon capacity to use built in 0.15 functionality.
I can now easily add wagons that shouldn't be used for transportation to a blacklist. Currently only RailTanker is blacklisted since the new pumps broke it.
Does that mean the yellow combinator will dynamically change its value based on the wagon content?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Obsiana wrote: It is the first Time i try LTN. But what did i wrong. I have a requester Station i request 5k Oil, the Train stop at the Provider Stop and fill the Oil but then it stop working. When i uncheck in the Option the Point Finish Loading it works fine.
MannimMond wrote:Same problem here. LTN is sending a train to the station and should load 2k copper but he keeps loading and loading until the train is full or the train times out. :/
To get partial loads or multiple items you have to subtract current train inventory (train stop) from the loading list (yellow constant combinator).
Look at the demo map. You can see how to properly set up stations there.
Mobius1 wrote:
Optera wrote:Changed reading wagon capacity to use built in 0.15 functionality.
Does that mean the yellow combinator will dynamically change its value based on the wagon content?
No, it means getting wagon capacities is more stable and marginally faster.

The combinator outputs a static loading list based in the trains assigned delivery.
Use the train stop to read live train inventory.

MannimMond
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MannimMond »

Optera wrote: To get partial loads or multiple items you have to subtract current train inventory (train stop) from the loading list (yellow constant combinator).
Look at the demo map. You can see how to properly set up stations there.
I reconstruct several tutorials now and have everytime the same problem. LTN sends a train to my outpost with an request of 2000 copper. The train has the condition of ">2000 copper" + "2secs inactivity" or "timeout" but they are loading the train until its completly full orthe train times out.

What i have to do with the downloaded demo.map? Is it a normal mod? Cant load it with 0.15 and 0.14 stable

Return to “Logistic Train Network”