pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by foodfactorio »

ah sorry i still have to try more tests with the Screenshot mod as my computer doenst have much memory, but i think its better if i send you the save :)
please bear with me and i upload for you...

also, my game found an update to pycoal, and just did this:
Updated from 0.3.4 to 0.3.5

but, i then got a popup about migrated recipes:
(mainly Jaw Crusher as shown in the screenshot)
but now i can no longer find or build jaw crusher buildings :)
Attachments
updated_from-0.34-to-0.35.png
updated_from-0.34-to-0.35.png (111.02 KiB) Viewed 7183 times
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Here is my savegame for you pyanodon:

this save called "Hi_Freq-Lower_Res-.15.31--17-Q-Energy-glscore-bkp.zip"
the naming is just as follows:

it just my solo map (which has a higher frequency of Ore Patches, but at a Lower amount of resources per ore patch - it was more fun that way) :)
+ Q = a few quality of life mods,
and my 17th savegame, where i reached almost 75% to 100% Energy supply, and just made glass cores,

Luckily, it is my Backup save, from before the mod Updated from 0.3.4 to 0.3.5
so that you can see what the upgrade does to Jaw Crushers :)
Attachments
Hi_Freq-Lower_Res-.15.31--17-Q-Energy-glscore-bkp.zip
this is my Backup save, from before the mod Updated from 0.3.4 to 0.3.5 (where Jaw Crushers vanished)
(5.54 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

The NbFe is fixed in the new version (0.3.7) as well the jaw crusher.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

thanks pyanondon, that was quick :)

i just tried the new version (upgrading a save from version 0.3.4 to version 0.3.7), and i can see the Jaw Crusher again, and now can make the alloy in a High Pressure Furnace :)

many thanks :) (btw what did you think of my base? i tried to set up some areas in groups, so that Niobium Mining (and creating) was in a similar area, and some areas for iron, coal, and copper processing. (plus lots of wood and organic matter for carbon dioxide)

the only thing i need to figure out now is what to do with all the Saline Water, unless that is a problem in real life, where we just have to keep storing it up? :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

foodfactorio wrote:thanks pyanondon, that was quick :)

i just tried the new version (upgrading a save from version 0.3.4 to version 0.3.7), and i can see the Jaw Crusher again, and now can make the alloy in a High Pressure Furnace :)

many thanks :) (btw what did you think of my base? i tried to set up some areas in groups, so that Niobium Mining (and creating) was in a similar area, and some areas for iron, coal, and copper processing. (plus lots of wood and organic matter for carbon dioxide)

the only thing i need to figure out now is what to do with all the Saline Water, unless that is a problem in real life, where we just have to keep storing it up? :)
Thanks to Nexela!

I wont lie, your base is too clustered XD XD XD :lol: :lol:

But the main problems i saw there was the production of some ingredients that´s waaaay slow since you need more resources. Also, the energy generation is all based on steam engines because you just dont save the combustion mixture into tanks to have a reserve of energy when needed. I would recommend expansion, think bigger my friend :)

I saw your saline storage...delete some tanks to get rid of it or you can use evaporators to turn it into salt.
pY Coal processing mod

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

cool, ok thanks, i will try and improve things.

(hehe, check out my last image at the bottom of this page here, which shows a compact base) in a different game... the biters had me pinned inside, so i had to use up as much space as possible :)
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=34176&start=20

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

foodfactorio wrote:cool, ok thanks, i will try and improve things.

(hehe, check out my last image at the bottom of this page here, which shows a compact base) in a different game... the biters had me pinned inside, so i had to use up as much space as possible :)
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=34176&start=20

omg...i cant play with that compact bases xD XD XD
pY Coal processing mod

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

pyanodon wrote:
qwerter96 wrote:
Why's that Py, too much work? I might be interestd in doing a compatibility mod myself. Need to check out and see if I like your changes...
Yes...too much work my friend. Theres already an update file in the mod folders for angels if you wanna take a look. But for us, we would appreciate your adaptation for sure. ;)

still in need of somebody to go thru and make a compatibility patch for angels? if so im more than willing/ crazy enough to comb thru them both and do it.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

kingarthur wrote:
pyanodon wrote:
qwerter96 wrote:
Why's that Py, too much work? I might be interestd in doing a compatibility mod myself. Need to check out and see if I like your changes...
Yes...too much work my friend. Theres already an update file in the mod folders for angels if you wanna take a look. But for us, we would appreciate your adaptation for sure. ;)

still in need of somebody to go thru and make a compatibility patch for angels? if so im more than willing/ crazy enough to comb thru them both and do it.

Every help is welcome my friend! I dunno how qwerter96 is doing, but if you wanna take it, everyone would be pleased :D
pY Coal processing mod

romtos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by romtos »

kingarthur wrote:
pyanodon wrote:
qwerter96 wrote:

A lot of players would welcome it! I took a shot at it myself but quickly discovered it wasn't a matter of modding the changes (that's comparatively trivial), but actually reconciling the completely divergent paths Angel's and pY take with common items, and at what stage in the tech tree they unlock. Good luck squaring the circle. :)

Coffee Daemon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee Daemon »

Just to check, but does this mod change iron spawning? Or have I just been screwed by my spawn?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Coffee Daemon wrote:Just to check, but does this mod change iron spawning? Or have I just been screwed by my spawn?

Hahaa this mod doesnt change ore spawing. You were just unluck. :)
pY Coal processing mod

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

This mod is really well done. Superb sprites and sound.
Great work.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

miturion wrote:This mod is really well done. Superb sprites and sound.
Great work.

Thank you. Glad you like it.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Pyanodon i found one very big problem with science packs when angel mod's is is installed with pycp - i can't create science pack 1 without glass and can't get silicon for glass without ore crushing technology which needs these science packs, I have got stuck, so idiotic situation
I like ur new science packs system but it must be adapted from Arch666Angel's side i think, we'll need some small changes for sorting system at start, and what do u think pyanodon?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Pyanodon i found one very big problem with science packs when angel mod's is is installed with pycp - i can't create science pack 1 without glass and can't get silicon for glass without ore crushing technology which needs these science packs, I have got stuck, so idiotic situation
I like ur new science packs system but it must be adapted from Arch666Angel's side i think, we'll need some small changes for sorting system at start, and what do u think pyanodon?
heh....again, this mod isnt compatible with angels. but is good you point it out for the people which is adapting the mod.
pY Coal processing mod

gosensgo86
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gosensgo86 »

Hey Pyanodon,I haven't had a chance to try out the mod yet because I'm playing with Angel's mods right now, but I was browsing through the recipes and it looks like it'll be a ton of fun to play. I was wondering if you had plans to expand the scope of your mod, because it looks very well thought out and I can see a lot of work went into this.

As for the glass issue Aklesey1 mentioned, I do think there should be a "starter" recipe to make glass without silicon, at least to get research started.

Edit: I just saw Fusion Energy was in the works and that's the kind of thing I was talking about. I'll be keeping an eye on these mods for when I finish my current game.
Last edited by gosensgo86 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

gosensgo86 wrote:Hey Pyanodon,I haven't had a chance to try out the mod yet because I'm playing with Angel's mods right now, but I was browsing through the recipes and it looks like it'll be a ton of fun to play. I was wondering if you had plans to expand the scope of your mod, because it looks very well thought out and I can see a lot of work went into this.

As for the glass issue Aklesey1 mentioned, I do think there should be a "starter" recipe to make glass without silicon, at least to get research started.

Thanks! Yes, there´s an expansion being made based on a voting poll i created here when i lauched the PYCP. People choosen for a Fusion Power expansion using that mod as a base. There´s a new thread here on this forum about it if you´re willing to know more and follow the progress. ;)
pY Coal processing mod

gosensgo86
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gosensgo86 »

I just checked that out. If I wasn't in the middle of a Bob's+Angel's+Omnimatter+SpaceX game I'd give PYCP a try right now.

Guess it's time to make a new modpack folder. ;)

KepperMIEM
Inserter
Inserter

Post by KepperMIEM »

I love production chain with circles, too.
But it is need in thoroughly balancing, of production chains with circles.

Big energy complex №1:
Source chain
Ash(for some buildings) -> log -> wood+(Coal gas)+Tar -> coal+(Coal gas)+Tar -> Coke+(Coal gas)+Tar

Inner transformations
Tar+water -> (Coal gas)+(Flue gas)+Ash

Burn it.
(Coal gas)+Coke -> Combustion-mixture
And in result negativ energy balance(effective modules not used).
"Big energy complex №1" renamed into "Big pollution complex" and abandoned.
Tar and Flue gas balance do not calculated.

Big energy complex №2:
Same source chain

Inner transformations
tar+water -> (Coal gas)+(Flue gas)+Ash
(Coal gas)+water -> Syngas+Tar+Ash
Coke -> (Active Carbon)
(Flue gas)+(Active Carbon) -> Syngas

Burn it.
Syngas+Coke - > combustion-mixture
Yes, positive energy balance.
But planet will sink in Tar, because we do not have enough Coke even for produce Combustion-mixture.
And recipe "(Flue gas)+(Active Carbon) -> Syngas" can foget "Active Carbon" at all.

You may change ratio Syngas/Coke in recipe "Syngas+Coke - > combustion-mixture"
or add recipe "Syngas - > combustion-mixture"(less effective)

I translating mod in to russian.
What is Syngas?

It will be useful, if you add temperature to name of recipes Combustion-mixture.

Return to “PyMods”