pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 »

New Angel's Bio Processing update brought to us - milk! What do u think abot this specific fluid? There's no ways to use it for no, but it's intriguing

And u are using fat and grease and bones in ur mods =)
it seems that we are increasingly beginning to engage in agriculture or something like that?

May be u have more plans for organic chemistry?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:New Angel's Bio Processing update brought to us - milk! What do u think abot this specific fluid? There's no ways to use it for no, but it's intriguing

And u are using fat and grease and bones in ur mods =)
it seems that we are increasingly beginning to engage in agriculture or something like that?

May be u have more plans for organic chemistry?

if PYAL win the next vote. :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'm trying to make kevlar and getting a bit puzzled.
It requires cobaltite which does not exist in bob's mods by default - it's ore is disabled. And it doesn't seem like coal processing is enabling it so it won't get spawned.
So only two ways to get it seem to be sifting through 100's of ash which seems to be difficult to get since ash is mostly by product and it's hard to get in such quantities. Second one would be to process 100's of tar to get bauxite and cobaltite.

Can we get alternative recipe to make kevlar that uses cobalt oxide or plate?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

orzelek wrote:I'm trying to make kevlar and getting a bit puzzled.
It requires cobaltite which does not exist in bob's mods by default - it's ore is disabled. And it doesn't seem like coal processing is enabling it so it won't get spawned.
So only two ways to get it seem to be sifting through 100's of ash which seems to be difficult to get since ash is mostly by product and it's hard to get in such quantities. Second one would be to process 100's of tar to get bauxite and cobaltite.

hmm no... you can also extract it from the ground using the borer. Also...you can burn coal dust for ash. Try process oil via dessulfurizator and you get tons of ash too.
pY Coal processing mod

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

pyanodon wrote:
orzelek wrote:I'm trying to make kevlar and getting a bit puzzled.

hmm no... you can also extract it from the ground using the borer. Also...you can burn coal dust for ash. Try process oil via dessulfurizator and you get tons of ash too.
Borer is a tier 3 science pack and you need to make those science packs first - not an option at this stage. Same with coald dust toa sh - also tier 3 science recipe.
I'm not really sure what do you mean by gettings tons of ash or I might be missing some recipes.
Most of them produce from 1-3 ash as a side effect with ability to convert flue gas to 2 ash as only one that doesn't do side effects.
With recipe needing 100 ash per run with 30% I think for cobaltite it's not really sustainable. This ash to cobaltite recipe is on different scale to production recipes. Every desulfurization recipe makes 1 ash so 100 runs for chance to get cobaltite. And you need to burn all that sulfur after that - it seems like pointless running in circles a bit.
And on top of that rich clay needs ash too and uses quite a lot of it for science pack 2 production. This already consumes pretty significant amounts of ash - in fact all the leftovers from whole processing with some made from flue gas to top it up.
It's a second place where ash (a byproduct) is needed as main ingredient. I find it a bit strange and pretty frustrating. Adding a lot of artificial consumption to make more side effect ash to use doesn't seem like a good strategy for me.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

orzelek wrote:Borer is a tier 3 science pack and you need to make those science packs first - not an option at this stage. Same with coald dust toa sh - also tier 3 science recipe.
I'm not really sure what do you mean by gettings tons of ash or I might be missing some recipes.
Most of them produce from 1-3 ash as a side effect with ability to convert flue gas to 2 ash as only one that doesn't do side effects.
With recipe needing 100 ash per run with 30% I think for cobaltite it's not really sustainable. This ash to cobaltite recipe is on different scale to production recipes. Every desulfurization recipe makes 1 ash so 100 runs for chance to get cobaltite. And you need to burn all that sulfur after that - it seems like pointless running in circles a bit.
And on top of that rich clay needs ash too and uses quite a lot of it for science pack 2 production. This already consumes pretty significant amounts of ash - in fact all the leftovers from whole processing with some made from flue gas to top it up.
It's a second place where ash (a byproduct) is needed as main ingredient. I find it a bit strange and pretty frustrating. Adding a lot of artificial consumption to make more side effect ash to use doesn't seem like a good strategy for me.

You will survive until tier 3. :D here ash is so much that i need to use them in tree nurseries. To start, use the tar quenching to get some cobaltite.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Question about gravel getting - from stone :?:
There 2 recipes - one in hands, one in crusher
1) In hand - 10 stone = 10 gravel - 1 gravel for 1 stone
2) In crusher - 20 stone = 15 gravel - 0,75 gravel for 1 stone
the first recipe is clearly more profitable, so why we need crusher in recipe in crusher? And no by-products except gravel. May be it must be 15 stone = 20 gravel ??? 1,33 gravel for 1 stone?

Another question about getting organic matter from wood logs and raw wood :?:
1) 1 wood Log = 5 raw wood
2) 1 wood log = 50 organic matter
3) 20 raw = 20 organic matter or 1 raw = organic matter

Why recipe with using wood log multiplied by 10? May be must be 1 wood log = 50 organic matter
Or when sawing logs we supply tons of sawdust that they can be put on organic matter? If it so its very funny :D

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Question about gravel getting - from stone :?:
the first recipe is clearly more profitable, so why we need crusher in recipe in crusher? And no by-products except gravel. May be it must be 15 stone = 20 gravel ??? 1,33 gravel for 1 stone?

Why recipe with using wood log multiplied by 10? May be must be 1 wood log = 50 organic matter
Or when sawing logs we supply tons of sawdust that they can be put on organic matter? If it so its very funny :D
First, there´s no recipe to transform stone to gravel by hand in my mods.
Second, is because the sawdust.
pY Coal processing mod

sp518
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sp518 »

Always consume 5 charred coals to generate electricity will cause I will need to product it by coal additionally. I think it's not very good. How about reduce the need of charred coals?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

sp518 wrote:Always consume 5 charred coals to generate electricity will cause I will need to product it by coal additionally. I think it's not very good. How about reduce the need of charred coals?
what a charred coal is?
pY Coal processing mod

sp518
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sp518 »

pyanodon wrote:
sp518 wrote:Always consume 5 charred coals to generate electricity will cause I will need to product it by coal additionally. I think it's not very good. How about reduce the need of charred coals?
what a charred coal is?
Sorry I'm not use the english version of the game. I mean coking coal? The coal product always used to generate electricity.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Question about gravel getting - from stone :?:

First, there´s no recipe to transform stone to gravel by hand in my mods.
Second, is because the sawdust.
I have found the cause of the incident - i used more floors mod with PYCP and this mod changing recipe for asphalt and add some new recipes for pycp, I think that this mod adversely affect the balance - but it has no dependency for any mods and no dependency for bob's mods too, strange

When more floors is installed it add new resource - tar pit lol it the same as tar but can be like tile and can be put into inventory

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Mmm I love the smell of coal in the morning.

Actually not, it stinks as hell and I live near village that uses coal for heating and it smells. But damn this mod is goooood!

Why isn't pY mod sticky with his own topic?

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

aklesey1 wrote:New Angel's Bio Processing update brought to us - milk! What do u think abot this specific fluid? There's no ways to use it for no, but it's intriguing
actually, you gave me an idea :)
if it was ever added in as a recipe, what about using excess milk, and evaporating it, to either get some kind of Calcium as an item, (or Evaporated Milk Residue), which can then be used in a 2nd Tier for the MaMoux animals, as an extra required input item, and they give us more Lard as output? :)

after all, Milk is good for bones :D
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

cpy wrote:Mmm I love the smell of coal in the morning.

Actually not, it stinks as hell and I live near village that uses coal for heating and it smells. But damn this mod is goooood!

Why isn't pY mod sticky with his own topic?
Thank you. Glad you like my mod, i asked for a sub forum but never got an answer. So all py mods stay floating around this section. :)
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

foodfactorio wrote:
actually, you gave me an idea :)
if it was ever added in as a recipe, what about using excess milk, and evaporating it, to either get some kind of Calcium as an item, (or Evaporated Milk Residue), which can then be used in a 2nd Tier for the MaMoux animals, as an extra required input item, and they give us more Lard as output? :)

after all, Milk is good for bones :D
Thats a great idea. But need to be added in the compatibility mod people are working on :)
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Yeah some new nice ideas for PYALP, and I hope alien artifacts will have some kind of value again

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Nexela, pyanodon - one wish to u - pls add recipe for silicon plate from crushed quartz

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Nexela, pyanodon - one wish to u - pls add recipe for silicon plate from crushed quartz

can be made
pY Coal processing mod

Kenira
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kenira »

Is it intended that you can't put speed modules into Ulric Corrals? Science pack 2s are kinda awkward to produce in large quantities without speed modules in those.

Return to “PyMods”