pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon »

Kenira wrote:Is it intended that you can't put speed modules into Ulric Corrals? Science pack 2s are kinda awkward to produce in large quantities without speed modules in those.

yes, its intended.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

oh yes i still need to try out lots of mods, including that compatibility one, but havent played a full "Vanilla" PY game yet, which i want to do before mixing too many mods.

plus what i call my AngelBobYoki game (yuoki but 5 syllables is plenty) :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi pyanodon, is there any chance you could update your 1st post on page one, just to also include links to all your other mods?
i found them now but maybe a quick copy and paste of this could be useful?

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyfusionenergy
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=51490
+
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyindustry
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=54151
+
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pycoalprocessing
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=32272
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hey pyanodon, can you add the mining of molybdenum ore from tar and recipe for ground borer, bcuz molybdenum ore is natural generated hosted ore like iron, copper and another ores
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Hey pyanodon, can you add the mining of molybdenum ore from tar and recipe for ground borer, bcuz molybdenum ore is natural generated hosted ore like iron, copper and another ores

hmmm that´s interesting, i will try to add.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Why i can crush bauxite but can't use crushed bauxite?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Why i can crush bauxite but can't use crushed bauxite?

will be fixed.
pY Coal processing mod

armedwithpuns
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] pY Coal Processing. problem loading the mod

Post by armedwithpuns »

hi I commented on your post of this on the factorio mods website, 2 months ago, but have received no reply. I commented because when i tried to run this mod alongside your other two mods, i received the error message as shown in the following screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1234954619

billy10drs
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by billy10drs »

Has anyone had an graphics issues recently? Look at the following two screen caps. The gas vents input look like they show up half way up. Graphically, if you look in the middle of the two distillation columns, the gas vents appear to be under the pipes.
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 9.35.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 9.35.33 PM.png (365.31 KiB) Viewed 6777 times
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 9.43.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 9.43.55 PM.png (74.63 KiB) Viewed 6777 times

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

We will check it out.
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

armedwithpuns wrote:hi I commented on your post of this on the factorio mods website, 2 months ago, but have received no reply. I commented because when i tried to run this mod alongside your other two mods, i received the error message as shown in the following screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1234954619

when using bobs, use the whole suite.
pY Coal processing mod

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

pyanodon wrote:
when using bobs, use the whole suite.
i get the same error when trying to use
- ONLY bobs adjustable inserters (including bobs library), or
- ONLY bobs greenhouse (including bobs library), or even
- when NONE of bobs mods are enabled (but only bobs library).

do i really have to play with a fullblown bobs suite (or at least bobplates and bobs electronics), just to use adjustable inserters or greenhouses with your mods ? which both seem to be completely separate from the other bobs mods suite except for the common bobs library, and thus i don't count them in when i talk about "bobs mods". I only want to have the flexibility of inserters and/or early easy tree production on an otherwise treeless world but not the entire additional complexity of the whole bobs suite (with all its additional ores, circuits boards, etc), and if i would have that complexity i would like to have the entire bobs+angels set :-)

if this is true, please add clear simple statements to the description like "if bobs library is used, also bobsplates and bobselectronics must be used" instead of the current general "when using bobs, use the whole suite" which leaves space for interpretation whether inserters and greenhouses (and maybe any future additional mods by the same author even when independent from the "big bobs suite") are included in "when using bobs" (here they seem to be included) and/or in "use whole suite" (here they seem to be NOT included).

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Where to use big surplus of:
1) Acid gas
2) Sulfur
3) Sulfuric acid
4) Sulfur dioxide from nickel and sometimes from lead

-- I'm not playing with PY Fusion Energy -- :!:

I don't need to mine many uranium, i don't need many batteries, i have enough zinc and brass, i have enough glass core
And i can produce turretless amount of sulfruic acid with recipe - 5 chromium + 250 petroleum gas + 2000 water + 150 Acid gas

We really need some way to use surplus of sulfur and its products in base mod - in the py coal processing
Please think about it pyanodon, may be you can adapt fertilizer from Bio industries to your nurseries - so we can consume some part of sulfur

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:Where to use big surplus of:
1) Acid gas
2) Sulfur
3) Sulfuric acid

I don't need to mine many uranium, i don't need many batteries, i have enough zinc and brass, i have enough glass core
And i can produce turretless amount of sulfruic acid with recipe - 5 chromium + 250 petroleum gas + 2000 water + 150 Acid gas

We really need some way to use surplus of sulfur and its products in base mod - in the py coal processing
Please think about it pyanodon, may be you can adapt fertilizer from Bio industries to your nurseries - so we can consume some part of sulfur

I will think about it, but pyfusion uses a lot of sulfur, you can use pyindustry to void sulfur and derivates too.
pY Coal processing mod

masterzh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by masterzh »

Hi there, may i ask how can i "heat up" combustion mixture from FTS reactor ? Or is it ment to be used in some other way then combustion turbines ? (got 15 degrees)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

masterzh wrote:Hi there, may i ask how can i "heat up" combustion mixture from FTS reactor ? Or is it ment to be used in some other way then combustion turbines ? (got 15 degrees)
This recipe is probably broken. I will check it out.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

1) Acid gas
2) Sulfur
3) Sulfuric acid

Hey, mella, one of the ways to use sulfuric acid can be using it in acid ammo if bob's warfare is installed

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Some problem with getting hydrogen peroxide
its very costly to hydrogen peroxide by using nickel, can I ask you why you deleted the recipe from bob's mods, its not balanced? - 16 hydrogen + 24 oxygen = 8 hydrogen peroxide - but now i really need tons of nickel, yes i can use crushed nickel

What do u think about method where peroxodisulfuric acid is using?
"H2S2O8" + 2"H2O" = H2O2 + 2 "H2SO4" - as we can can see we can get sulfuric acid and hydrogen peroxide

And peroxodisulfuric acid can be by electrolysis of sulfuric acid with release of hydrogen

I will say big thanks to you pyanodon and Nexela if ypu will make this not so hard technological process in your wonderful, realistic and interesting mod
I really like your creation and trying to respect your way of development but sometimes i and another players wants too see some useful changes ;)
aklesey1 wrote:
1) Acid gas
2) Sulfur
3) Sulfuric acid

Hey, mella, one of the ways to use sulfuric acid can be using it in acid ammo if bob's warfare is installed
Oh thanks, aklesey1 :P it can be useful, i found another way to use sulfuric acid - i can use olechemicals and sulfuric acid to get some heavy oil, i just need many many nichrome - for nichrome i need many many nickel - what i can say - nickel is playing really important role in this mod :?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:Some problem with getting hydrogen peroxide
its very costly to hydrogen peroxide by using nickel, can I ask you why you deleted the recipe from bob's mods, its not balanced? - 16 hydrogen + 24 oxygen = 8 hydrogen peroxide - but now i really need tons of nickel, yes i can use crushed nickel

What do u think about method where peroxodisulfuric acid is using?
"H2S2O8" + 2"H2O" = H2O2 + 2 "H2SO4" - as we can can see we can get sulfuric acid and hydrogen peroxide

And peroxodisulfuric acid can be by electrolysis of sulfuric acid with release of hydrogen

I will say big thanks to you pyanodon and Nexela if ypu will make this not so hard technological process in your wonderful, realistic and interesting mod
I really like your creation and trying to respect your way of development but sometimes i and another players wants too see some useful changes ;)
aklesey1 wrote:
1) Acid gas
2) Sulfur
3) Sulfuric acid

Oh thanks, aklesey1 :P it can be useful, i found another way to use sulfuric acid - i can use olechemicals and sulfuric acid to get some heavy oil, i just need many many nichrome - for nichrome i need many many nickel - what i can say - nickel is playing really important role in this mod :?
Will consider some of these, but we never altered hydrogen peroxide recipes..it´s original from py before even existed on bobbs. So i wont change anything on that. Nickel is very important and very easy to find...even if your map doesnt have much, use the ground borer.
pY Coal processing mod

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

I wrote before - i have too many sulfur dioxide from it and i don't want to void it, its not right :cry:
I can't find second recipe for hydrogen peroxide from bob's mods, so you replaced it right?

Return to “PyMods”