pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon »

husky777 wrote:Sand Extractor makes all their products from metal rod. Bug?
No its right. Its scrubber the ground. So the metal rods are to repair de scrubs.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

alright so ive got a patch together for pycoal and angels mods. fixes the biggest issue so far and still is under going balance. shouldn't have any issues working as ive tested it up to science pack 3 as pyanodon had modified those recipes. i just need to spend more time to play with them both as there is a lot to go thru to see how balance needs adjusted. please check it out and give me feedback on it at
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=51967&p=303496#p303496

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Woa!!!

Love it! That should help people to play both together :D. There´s work to be done but it´s already make things possible.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:More sodium hydroxide recipes probably in future expansions. :)
Woa!!! Oh no it will means that i'll need to use hydrogen chloride somewhere or chlorine or hydrogen
pyanodon but sodium is not metal lol :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Arch666Angel wrote: ImageImageImageImage
What means this picture? Agrarian mod?
Arch666Angel has intrigued me! Ur assumptions pyanodon?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
pyanodon wrote:More sodium hydroxide recipes probably in future expansions. :)
Woa!!! Oh no it will means that i'll need to use hydrogen chloride somewhere or chlorine or hydrogen
pyanodon but sodium is not metal lol :D

Chemically speaking, Sodium is a metal. :roll:

That agriculture surprised me too. I hope he find ways to turn it nice in the end :D
pY Coal processing mod

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

kingarthur wrote:alright so ive got a patch together for pycoal and angels mods. fixes the biggest issue so far and still is under going balance. shouldn't have any issues working as ive tested it up to science pack 3 as pyanodon had modified those recipes. i just need to spend more time to play with them both as there is a lot to go thru to see how balance needs adjusted. please check it out and give me feedback on it at
Hey man thanks for this, this is Huge! You might want to make a seperate thread for this maybe in Angel's forum as well!

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

qwerter96 wrote:
kingarthur wrote:alright so ive got a patch together for pycoal and angels mods. fixes the biggest issue so far and still is under going balance. shouldn't have any issues working as ive tested it up to science pack 3 as pyanodon had modified those recipes. i just need to spend more time to play with them both as there is a lot to go thru to see how balance needs adjusted. please check it out and give me feedback on it at
Hey man thanks for this, this is Huge! You might want to make a seperate thread for this maybe in Angel's forum as well!
i did in fact make another thread in the wip board. i put the link at the bottom of that last post and here it is again.
link to patch thread

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

thanks kingarthur, i replied to another post of yours, and also mentioned it on a new mod page here too from an idea i had:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=51978
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Thanks Kingarthur ur mod is working with angel's
Another thanks for recipe with bobmonium, such decision badly looks and badly is entered in the concept of a PYCP, but now only also remains to me what to reconcile and agree with such decision :D

And what about recipes for glass, i have intersting solution and i'm told abut that - i'm using PCP mod for angel's petrochem mod and i can get glass from oil or natural gas, these are
1) Polycarbonate
2) polymethyl methacrylate
And that's amazing - my dream becomes true!!!

There some tiny problem with picture replacement for recipes and ingredients but all good for now :)

Found small serous bug - overriding for syngas to synthesis gas not working in some recipes - still requires PYCP syngas not angel's synthesis gas
Last edited by aklesey1 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

aklesey1 wrote: There some tiny problem with picture replacement for recipes and ingredients but all good for now :)
there issues with any recipes please post them on the main thread for the patch at viewtopic.php?f=97&t=51967. that way i can be aware of any specific issues and correct them

Iskabis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Iskabis »

Overall a very fun mod. I enjoy the novel challenge of having to deal with all the extra "waste" products and the lengthy supply chains.

A few random issues in playing the current version of this mod (plus bobs and a few others).

- there is a typo that prevents the crushed lead recipe from appearing (the typo is actually in the crushed quartz recipe)
- there is a typo that prevents the smelting of crushed silver

Also, the only way to generate sodium chloride (needed as part of the supply chain for science pack 3 and white circuit boards, among other things) is as a by-product of splitting tar into ores. And given the very small yield of sodium chloride from saline water, it's impossible to produce science pack 3's in any useful quantity, even with an absurdly large factory dedicated entirely to producing tar. A recipe that goes from regular water to sodium chloride would be welcome so that I'm not forced to burn all of my tar making ores, purely for the tiny amount of sodium chloride I get on the side.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Iskabis wrote:Overall a very fun mod. I enjoy the novel challenge of having to deal with all the extra "waste" products and the lengthy supply chains.

A few random issues in playing the current version of this mod (plus bobs and a few others).

- there is a typo that prevents the crushed lead recipe from appearing (the typo is actually in the crushed quartz recipe)

Also, the only way to generate sodium chloride (needed as part of the supply chain for science pack 3 and white circuit boards, among other things) is as a by-product of splitting tar into ores. And given the very small yield of sodium chloride from saline water, it's impossible to produce science pack 3's in any useful quantity, even with an absurdly large factory dedicated entirely to producing tar. A recipe that goes from regular water to sodium chloride would be welcome so that I'm not forced to burn all of my tar making ores, purely for the tiny amount of sodium chloride I get on the side.

Hummm it seems you´re playing with bobs, right? IF so, you can use a chemical furnace from him to make huge amounts of salt. About the typos, i will fix it :) THanks!
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

new release!

Change log on first page!
pY Coal processing mod

Iskabis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Iskabis »

pyanodon wrote:
Iskabis wrote:Overall a very fun mod. I enjoy the novel challenge of having to deal with all the extra "waste" products and the lengthy supply chains.

Hummm it seems you´re playing with bobs, right? IF so, you can use a chemical furnace from him to make huge amounts of salt. About the typos, i will fix it :) THanks!
My apologies; you are quite correct.

I was using the 'What is it used for' mod to help me figure out how to craft things (helps a lot with big complex mods like this one), and for whatever reason, the salt recipe from bob's didn't show up there. It's definitely in the mod and craftable, though. Thanks!

Lezreth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lezreth »

I encountered an error on load when updating to version 0.3.8.

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, recipe with name 'py-sodium-hydroxide' does not exist.

Source: coal-processing-2 (technology).

I am not using bobs or angels mods.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Lezreth wrote:I encountered an error on load when updating to version 0.3.8.

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, recipe with name 'py-sodium-hydroxide' does not exist.

Source: coal-processing-2 (technology).

I am not using bobs or angels mods.
Ohhh true... i will fix that in few hours
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon, Nexela thanks for compatibility with AAI industry in last update
But I have appeared in the next idiotic situation because of the love to a large number a mods and thirsts for realism

AAI industry simulates many realistic situations and in the beginning we have to open the solid-fuel electric generator - it calsl burner turbine generator
Also AAI industry simulating our the crash on the earth and we are begining from stone age :D - we can take all our belongings from the rescue capsule, but there's no any solid fuel generator for our sand extractor ;) its sad and some funy

I'll ask Earendel to add burner turbine generator to starting items

One bug with medium pole recipe https://yadi.sk/i/XfOcMgfP3MAarv - double using of 10 creosote

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:pyanodon, Nexela thanks for compatibility with AAI industry in last update
But I have appeared in the next idiotic situation because of the love to a large number a mods and thirsts for realism

AAI industry simulates many realistic situations and in the beginning we have to open the solid-fuel electric generator - it calsl burner turbine generator
Also AAI industry simulating our the crash on the earth and we are begining from stone age :D - we can take all our belongings from the rescue capsule, but there's no any solid fuel generator for our sand extractor ;) its sad and some funy

I'll ask Earendel to add burner turbine generator to starting items

One bug with medium pole recipe https://yadi.sk/i/XfOcMgfP3MAarv - double using of 10 creosote
This bug isnt created by my mod.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Just tell me - u made compatibility for AAI industry or not? AAI Industry wasn't updated within 2 months so i think u made it ;)
Ok i'll agree if cost of medium electric pole will be 20 creosote

Return to “PyMods”