Topics and discussion about specific mods
sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 12.11+] Train Outposts

Post by sparr »

I occasionally get this error:

Code: Select all

Error while running the event handler: __TrainOutpost__/control.lua:320: attempt to compare number with nil
This is happening in handle_single_resource_in_region when resource_specs.min_distance is nil. I put in some debug prints and it's happening for all 14 resources in my bobs ores game, including the non-bobs resources.

Calling the reinit remote resolves the problem.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Separate compatibility observation with bobs ores:

My starting area with TO always has a small deposit of iron, coal, copper, stone, and a few of bobs ores. Sometimes more than a few. However, often some critical ore is missing from the starting area, and I have to send trains out much sooner than I otherwise would. In my current game the closest Galena (Lead+Nickel) patch is 1200 tiles away from start, and lead is required for, among other things, automating green science.

AnarCon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnarCon »

SirRichie wrote:Can you tell me what you did that produced the error? I have not encountered this myself yet.
loaded a old save with the updated mode and tried exploring a new area which somehow unleashed this error as i recall

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wahming »

Would it be possible to add a dependency for the Uranium Power mod, and turn off infinite ores for uranium and fluoride? There simply isn't any need for all those eternal ore patches and building over them messes with us OCD players :lol:

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

wahming wrote:Would it be possible to add a dependency for the Uranium Power mod, and turn off infinite ores for uranium and fluoride? There simply isn't any need for all those eternal ore patches and building over them messes with us OCD players :lol:
Why would a dependency be necessary?
As for the infinite resources: do you want everything to be infinite except the resources you stated? In that case I'd ask that you modify this yourself in the data-updates.lua, because this is a very specific customization.

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wahming »

Game crashed when testing out your mod in a new game.
Error message
Error message
TrainOutpost Crash.jpg (108.15 KiB) Viewed 8399 times
Mod List
Mod List
ModList.jpg (126.29 KiB) Viewed 8399 times
100% reproducibility: Load up the attached save, run east about 2 seconds, and boom.

Debugging: The resource triggering this bug is coal. So it doesn't seem like it's caused by another mod? Offhand, anyway.
Attachments
_autosave1.zip
Save file
(2.58 MiB) Downloaded 117 times

cyrin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cyrin »

sparr wrote:I occasionally get this error:

Error while running the event handler: __TrainOutpost__/control.lua:320: attempt to compare number with nil
This is happening in handle_single_resource_in_region when resource_specs.min_distance is nil. I put in some debug prints and it's happening for all 14 resources in my bobs ores game, including the non-bobs resources.

Calling the reinit remote resolves the problem.
Also having this issue. Pending the mod author putting out a bug fix release, can you let us know the console function (?) you used to resolve this?

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

Hi, I provided the funtion a few posts up.
Also hoping I can resolve this soon

cyrin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cyrin »

SirRichie wrote:Hi, I provided the funtion a few posts up.
Ah, this one!

/c remote.call("TR", "reinit")
Thanks for the quick reply ^_^

AnarCon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnarCon »

still getting this error

martingolding96
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by martingolding96 »

cyrin wrote:
SirRichie wrote:Hi, I provided the funtion a few posts up.
Ah, this one!

/c remote.call("TR", "reinit")
Thanks for the quick reply ^_^
will i need to re-enter this command every time i go on the save?

joozek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by joozek »

What are the plans on supporting 0.13? Will it take a lot of work / time or will it be straightforward?

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

There will definitely be 0.13 support. I looked at the changes and I do not think that there I will have to make any major adjustments.
As usual, my time is limited by real life though.

Toch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Toch »

That would be great ! i love this mod

daydev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by daydev »

Hi everyone, I took a stab at updating the mod for 0.13 by request for Xterminator's "Building Big" let's play series, it was suggested I post it here too in case someone else is interested. If the author doesn't this unofficial update here, I'll delete the post. Obviously, no guarantees of buglessness, etc.

UPD: Fixed on_configuration_changed which apparently I broke and didn't notice it.
Attachments
TrainOutpost_1.0.3.zip
(23.19 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

Hello everyone and thanks for the patience.
Starting today, I will upload a 0.13-ready version of the mod to the mod portal.
This also means that I will remove the download from the forum.

For legacy versions, please use the GitHub website, which I now have setup. I also appreciate any help/additions to the mod (thanks to daydev for an early version). Please use pull requests in GitHub for these things in the future.

One note for the current version: it seems that the devs changed the way can_place_entity works, which means that it may happen that resources and enemy bases are spawned in water. I will investigate this further.

I appreciate any testing and thanks for the comments so far.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

SirRichie wrote:Hello everyone and thanks for the patience.
Starting today, I will upload a 0.13-ready version of the mod to the mod portal.
This also means that I will remove the download from the forum.

For legacy versions, please use the GitHub website, which I now have setup. I also appreciate any help/additions to the mod (thanks to daydev for an early version). Please use pull requests in GitHub for these things in the future.

One note for the current version: it seems that the devs changed the way can_place_entity works, which means that it may happen that resources and enemy bases are spawned in water. I will investigate this further.

I appreciate any testing and thanks for the comments so far.
The can place bug was only in early versions of 0.13 series.
It should be fixed in current versions (at least it behaves properly in RSO).

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

Thanks for letting me know. I use 0.13.13 for testing and get the bug. I checked RSO's code and saw no magic. Guess I will have to look a little deeper.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

Hi Richie,
Your mod is precisely what I need. Will it be updated to be compatible with version 0.14 anytime soon? If yes then I'll wait before starting a new game

NotABiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NotABiter »

I second the request for an 0.14 version. (I just downloaded the latest Factorio and the 28 other mods I wanted to play my next game with, and then I remembered that this mod was key to my plans and... ouch - 0.13 only.)

BTW, some time ago I stated
for me there are three parts to having permanent outposts:
1. need for far-away resources
2. resources don't run out
3. a reason to not just kill all of the biters
and that your mod helped with #1 and #2 and I was going to try Natural Evolution to take care of #3. I found Natural Evolution to be overpowered (it's way too easy to remove all of your pollution) and problematic (from a challenging gameplay perspective) for other reasons and I still ended up with "one big base" so I gave up on that idea. But now I have found/tried the Armageddon mod and believe that it should really do the trick. It solves #3 by making killing all of the biters impossible - they can always "tunnel in" to your base, so you need defenses everywhere you have anything you need protected, not just one big outer wall. That mod solves the N^2 (available resources) vs 4*N (perimeter costs) problem that otherwise plagues Factorio, and it means that, as long as the resources are spread out (e.g. via your mod), the "one big base" solution is no longer remotely close to being optimal - outposts should actually become the more optimal solution, even if you (like I do) militarize your rails (effectively turning them into walls).

Full mod list and "most recommended" (bolded) for anyone who's interested:
mod list

Return to “Mods”