[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
OrlandoKev
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Post by OrlandoKev »

Gotta say i am really enjoying a new game with the increased difficulty from your mod, bobs enemies and rampart. Really appreciate your great mod.

However there is one thing that i wanted to bring up, i tried out a couple of your mind control stations because it seemed like it would be fun to have friendly bugs fighting or defending areas, however the "getting destroyed siren" going off constantly every time a friendly bug bites the dust is quite annoying in my opinion, to the point i am no longer using them which is a shame. I cant really ignore it, (not only because its loud, but because i might miss that something important got destroyed. Any chance of getting a option to disable that for bugs dying?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

OrlandoKev wrote:Gotta say i am really enjoying a new game with the increased difficulty from your mod, bobs enemies and rampart. Really appreciate your great mod.

However there is one thing that i wanted to bring up, i tried out a couple of your mind control stations because it seemed like it would be fun to have friendly bugs fighting or defending areas, however the "getting destroyed siren" going off constantly every time a friendly bug bites the dust is quite annoying in my opinion, to the point i am no longer using them which is a shame. I cant really ignore it, (not only because its loud, but because i might miss that something important got destroyed. Any chance of getting a option to disable that for bugs dying?
Yeah, I don't think there is currently an option to stop warnings.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

V7.3.6 - NE Buildings - Changed the Terraforming Station, sorry but you will lose what you had... Changed Artifact Collectors, please mine those you had. I'm using Veden's code to improve the Artifact Collectors performance immensely. Thx Veden!

I'm probably going to get hate-mail about losing those Terraforming stations... I tried to find a way to prevent it, but in the end it was just easier to cut the old entities.

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

Oh no, my terraforming stations!

Im joking. Its small price for having mod still in development. You are doing great work, keep going!

WhatTheDuck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatTheDuck »

Hi,

i will start a new world first time with a15.

One question. Did you find a fix for the mentioned RSO problem?

"RSO users, please note that RSO significantly reduced started biters and expansion seems very slow. More info here"

or is it better to play without RSO

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

WhatTheDuck wrote:Hi,

i will start a new world first time with a15.

One question. Did you find a fix for the mentioned RSO problem?

"RSO users, please note that RSO significantly reduced started biters and expansion seems very slow. More info here"

or is it better to play without RSO
I highly recommend you play with RSO.
You will have slightly less biters at first, but trust me, they will become a problem later on.
If you like a challenge, add Rampant also.
Enjoy.

sp518
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sp518 »

I found a problem. When the game normally run I feel the fps very low and I find this.
This will be normal when another mod named "Alien Loot Economy" trigger a level up event. And become this.
This is not his problem I think because if don't have his mod the problem will never reduce.
Is there any bug cause the thunks continue to load?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

sp518 wrote:I found a problem. When the game normally run I feel the fps very low and I find this.
This will be normal when another mod named "Alien Loot Economy" trigger a level up event. And become this.
This is not his problem I think because if don't have his mod the problem will never reduce.
Did you look at mod timings?
From what I noticed game will generate some chunks in the black to have them ready in advance. It shouldn't slow down the game unless mod is interfering with that or using them for something. Then mod timings will show you which mod does that.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

sp518 wrote:I found a problem. When the game normally run I feel the fps very low and I find this.
Image Removed
Image Removed
I really don't think any of the NE Mods should cause this... I don't do anything with "on chunk" or "hidden stuff"... I'm not that a good programmer. :)
As Orzelek said, hit "F5" and see if there is a spike by any mod.
Last edited by TheSAguy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sp518
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sp518 »

orzelek wrote:
From what I noticed game will generate some chunks in the black to have them ready in advance. It shouldn't slow down the game unless mod is interfering with that or using them for something. Then mod timings will show you which mod does that.
How to see mod timing? I can't find this in F4.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

sp518 wrote:
orzelek wrote:
How to see mod timing? I can't find this in F4.
With default options it's under F5.
Name of option under F4 is show-time-usage.

jape3
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jape3 »

We've been playing a coop multiplayer map that has ended up big. Evolution factor is 0.999.
Until now keeping up has been a nice challenge, but with leviathan spitters it seems we no longer have any tools to fight them except nukes. They just have too large HP pool to fight with the maxed out turrets.
Is there a way to tweak the hp values of these enemies?

jape3
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jape3 »

It looks like the hp values can be edited on the lua-files on bob-enemies mod. Going to try that later and see if that makes the challenge just right instead of too hard (for us anyway) :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi TheSAguys, have u plans to develop new units - flying units? Or underground units
I especially did not watch this branch of a forum, so sorry if that question asked
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

donkeystealing
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by donkeystealing »

Hey,

I can't for the life of me change the evolution time rate. Is it in one of the configs of expansion? Is it ingame? I changed "data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].time_factor = data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].time_factor * 0.25" from 0.50 to .25 and test-ran a map for 60 minutes and it ended on 6.7% evolution. Is that vanilla values, or 50% of vanilla values? Not sure what & where I'm supposed to change, sorry for the noob question I tried reddit & google.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

donkeystealing wrote:Hey,

I can't for the life of me change the evolution time rate. Is it in one of the configs of expansion? Is it ingame? I changed "data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].time_factor = data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].time_factor * 0.25" from 0.50 to .25 and test-ran a map for 60 minutes and it ended on 6.7% evolution. Is that vanilla values, or 50% of vanilla values? Not sure what & where I'm supposed to change, sorry for the noob question I tried reddit & google.
You can change this when creating a new game. (New Game only, does not affect existing games)
Attachments
Factorio_Time.png
Factorio_Time.png (618.22 KiB) Viewed 7060 times

Streamingfox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Streamingfox »

Hm i think i have a problem with the terraforming station. I cant load it with stimulants. :? I only use bob's and angel's mod's, so i think there should be no problem? Or is this changed and i overlooked it? :D

Oh... i think i overseen the chest of the station, sorry. xD

KyleSpades
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KyleSpades »

Hey TheASguy! Sorry to bother you again. Just curious if NE will also get a 0.16 update (as you said earlier at the BioIndustries page). Thank you and cheers!

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Post by TheSAguy »

0.16:
V8.0.0 - Initial release for Factorio 0.16

Let me know if you have any issues.
Thanks.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Post by orzelek »

Did you skip expansion for specific reason?

Return to “Mods”