Moderator: pyanodon

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Muki wrote:Hi,

Currently testing your mod, it looks great so far, I love the animations on the machine, really nice to watch them working.

I noticed some minor stuff so far.
- I've access to the combustion turbine mk01 right out of the box but it's also unlocked with energy generation 1
- On the coal gas processing, the third one with raw wood as input, the output is 2 coal gas for 30 tar, looks like you are missing a 0 on the coal gas output (?).
- there is also a coal gas recipe with coal as input available from the start and unlocked with coal processing 1

Keep up the good work
Thank you! Will be fixed in the next release.
What's the error? We have all recipes to produce coke and coal gas with tar - u mean recipe must be 20 coal gas and 30 tar - I thought that so all and was conceived and that in this recipe there is no mistake
I may don't be agree with recipe for coke which need to be unlocked with coal processing 1 - bcuz for science pack 1 i need only coke from coal and glass i can make form sand or from quartz
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Muki
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Muki »

aklesey1 wrote: What's the error? We have all recipes to produce coke and coal gas with tar - u mean recipe must be 20 coal gas and 30 tar - I thought that so all and was conceived and that in this recipe there is no mistake
Didn't seem logical to me to have a 2/30 ratio on this recipe where the 2 others are 40/50 and 20/20. Maybe it was conceived this way. If that's the case, I don't see the point to have this recipe other then burning wood to get coal and then burning coal to get gas (and if you need coal you can have it from fawogae, also unlimited resource and less space required vs a wood production from greenhouse).
aklesey1 wrote: I may don't be agree with recipe for coke which need to be unlocked with coal processing 1 - bcuz for science pack 1 i need only coke from coal and glass i can make form sand or from quartz
Just pointing out the duplicate recipe from the start and unlocked with coal processing 1.
it's the only way to make coke at the beginning before unlocking coal processing 1 and the dedicated coke recipe, I'm not asking Pyanodon to remove it, just pointing out the duplicate /

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

NEW UPDATE:

The recent PYCP version on mod portal brings some changes. Please make sure to read the change log to avoid problems!

If you wanna play with the storage tanks and such. Please, install the PYindustry side-mod.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

MOD updated. That should be working fine now. :)
pY Coal processing mod

Sir_Cherry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sir_Cherry »

Holly Macaroni!
This mod looks neat! I'll definitely give it a go.
I installed it on my current world with Bobs and Angels.
I read that Angels and pYCoal don't work well together but so far I don't have problems.
All my setups run like they did before I installed this mod, at least as far as I've seen so far.
I'm hoping for an even better/more difficult Factorio experience with this mod installed!
I'm excited about this, thank you for making this mod.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Sir_Cherry wrote:Holly Macaroni!
I read that Angels and pYCoal don't work well together but so far I don't have problems.
All my setups run like they did before I installed this mod, at least as far as I've seen so far.
I'm hoping for an even better/more difficult Factorio experience with this mod installed!
Glad you like it. For sure this mod have some problems with angels mods. But works great with bobs. Usually i reccomend play from start.

If you want ramp things up, try the fusion mod too. ;)
pY Coal processing mod

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

I looked at the mod again yesterday and i found out that it does provide alternative recipes for most stuff (which are complicated) but does not remove the original ones. Why is that? For example, there are 2 battery recipes, the original one and the completly different one from pycoal. Or the way to make glass: just smelt siliconn (bobs recipe) or do it the pycoal way much more complex. I think this mod should remove the original recipes, else there is an alternative path through things that does not look reasonable at all.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Catbert wrote:I looked at the mod again yesterday and i found out that it does provide alternative recipes for most stuff (which are complicated) but does not remove the original ones. Why is that? For example, there are 2 battery recipes, the original one and the completly different one from pycoal. Or the way to make glass: just smelt siliconn (bobs recipe) or do it the pycoal way much more complex. I think this mod should remove the original recipes, else there is an alternative path through things that does not look reasonable at all.
Options is what makes that game fun. If you have quartz to shell out with glass 1:1. Good, if not you can always use pycp recipe with 8:14. My mods consumes lots of glass and sand is a base resource. So you have options.
pY Coal processing mod

Sir_Cherry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sir_Cherry »

pyanodon wrote:
Glad you like it. For sure this mod have some problems with angels mods. But works great with bobs. Usually i reccomend play from start.

I've gotten all 3 mods. I love complexity.

With that in mind, just how incompatible is PyCoal with Angels?
I don't fancy removing processing steps if I can avoid it.

And Bob's and Angels combo was my first Factorio experience so if were to drop one, it'd be like removing a crucial part of the game.

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

Sir_Cherry wrote:
pyanodon wrote:

I've gotten all 3 mods. I love complexity.

With that in mind, just how incompatible is PyCoal with Angels?
I don't fancy removing processing steps if I can avoid it.

And Bob's and Angels combo was my first Factorio experience so if were to drop one, it'd be like removing a crucial part of the game.
There's a compatibility patch made by kingarthur. But without that, there's some funky recipe overlap with many methods of item production from one mod being better than in the other. (Ex. saline water is commonplace in angel's, but making it in pY Coal Processing is completely optional and pretty unnecessary) But TLDR it's technically doable with both angel's and pyanodon's mods installed, but balance will be a problem.

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

pyanodon wrote:Options is what makes that game fun. If you have quartz to shell out with glass 1:1. Good, if not you can always use pycp recipe with 8:14. My mods consumes lots of glass and sand is a base resource. So you have options.
Speaking of options, when are we going to be able to vote on the next addon? I just want a general idea.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

donoya wrote:
pyanodon wrote:Options is what makes that game fun. If you have quartz to shell out with glass 1:1. Good, if not you can always use pycp recipe with 8:14. My mods consumes lots of glass and sand is a base resource. So you have options.
Speaking of options, when are we going to be able to vote on the next addon? I just want a general idea.

Poll Running in the PYFE thread! Please vote to help decide the next path :D
pY Coal processing mod

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

I found an exploit with your mod's botanical nursery. If you use 10 of them using the water recipe and 4 wood processors making raw wood and then transfer that into your power setup, you get a net gain of power. This can be further increased via destructive distillation into coal prior to inserting into boilers. And that can be even FURTHER increased with the various coal processing methods. Just thought I'd let you know.

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

Ok i finally found out how this mod is meant to be played: Turn the coal into coke and run all the base with it (steam engines, furnances) and use the byproducts to increase efficiency of processes (like using coal gas for glass). If done this way, things work out very good.

Also i like very much the new research, seems much more realistic than moving items like belts and inserters into a "scientific" black hole.

Well done!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

donoya wrote:I found an exploit with your mod's botanical nursery. If you use 10 of them using the water recipe and 4 wood processors making raw wood and then transfer that into your power setup, you get a net gain of power. This can be further increased via destructive distillation into coal prior to inserting into boilers. And that can be even FURTHER increased with the various coal processing methods. Just thought I'd let you know.
Yes. pY mods are about options. You can go that way, but your base will be huge.
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Catbert wrote:Ok i finally found out how this mod is meant to be played: Turn the coal into coke and run all the base with it (steam engines, furnances) and use the byproducts to increase efficiency of processes (like using coal gas for glass). If done this way, things work out very good.

Also i like very much the new research, seems much more realistic than moving items like belts and inserters into a "scientific" black hole.

Well done!
Thanks. Glad you like it
pY Coal processing mod

David1261
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by David1261 »

( I using google translate, sorry if I make mistakes :p )
Hello,
Already, let me tell you that I am a fan of your work.
I love your mod!

The problem is that I can not load my backup, I was on the version just before the 5.1. I made the update, and now I have an error message when I load my backup: /
How can I fix that?
Thank you very much. I would really like to re-play on my favorite map :(

Here is the error message:
-------------------------
Edit :
Factorio version : 0.15.37-0
My mod-list : https://pastebin.com/LM2jaJ6M
I already try to use Pyanodons Industry ... Without Success.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Thanks for the report! We will push out a fix this weekend, In the mean time you can open up control.lua goto line 26 and delete the entire line to fix it. (line starts with log()

jjp47
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jjp47 »

slight bug im gettingImage

occurs with just bio industries and your 2 mods/ HOWEVER loading a new game with just your mods active works fine. Would prefer not to restart my world xD
https://pastebin.com/vFEq6p0j

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Will add that to the list of stuff to fix!!

In the meantime you can delete the migrations/pYCoalprocessing_0.2.3.lua and everything should work fine!

Return to “PyMods”