[MOD 1.1] N.Tech-Chemistry

Topics and discussion about specific mods
aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.+] N.Tech-Chemistry

Post by aklesey1 »

Natha, this bobplates technology must be main, because all entities that your mod contains is child for bobplates, may be u need to disable your electolysis technology
Here's a screenshots of technolgies

Sorry for offtop, but which picture hosting better to use?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

aklesey1 wrote:Natha, this bobplates technology must be main, because all entities that your mod contains is child for bobplates, may be u need to disable your electolysis technology
Here's a screenshots of technolgies

Sorry for offtop, but which picture hosting better to use?
In version 1.6.2, which will come soon, everything should be ok. There were no issues with bobs revamp mod.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Thanks i'll wait ;)

stolennick
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by stolennick »

For some reason i also have problem with electrolysis i i shown in research tec but it isn't seen when i chose recipe in electrolyser so my oil cracking is dead atm. also using bob mods

AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AlexTheNotsogreat »

So, I've used this for a bit in the most recent version, and a couple things come to mind...

- Any new rocket Silos I place don't work, as it asks me to search for a recipe like with assemblers, probably due to editing the recipe.

- There needs to be an alternate way to get sulfur, as an entire tank of oil gets you only about 120-130 sulfuric acid, and using sulfured crude oil processing doesn't give any as a byproduct.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Hey, I have a small bug. I'm playing with Bob's mods and Marathon.

In the sulfuric acid chain, the Sulfur Trioxide recipie takes 20 Sulfur Dioxide & 10 Oxygen, but it only produces 2 Sulfur Trioxide...

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Will this mod be updated for 0.14?

kartiichigo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kartiichigo »

HI i have a little problem, can't build rocket in rocket silo I'm getting message to chose a recipe, when i turn off n.tech and build new silo the problem is gone. anyone know how to fix it i really like this mod and want to keep it :)
Update: well it seems that new fuel causes this bug, disabling it fixed rocket silo yet maybe there is a chance to get it working xd
Attachments
bug.jpg
bug.jpg (151.68 KiB) Viewed 7776 times

Austin5003
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Austin5003 »

What about mixing sulfuric acid and ammonium nitrate to get Erythritol Tetranitrate (plastic explosive)

laku
Inserter
Inserter

Post by laku »

Natha wrote:In version 1.6.2, which will come soon, everything should be ok. There were no issues with bobs revamp mod.
Are you still working on it? Would love to see a 0.15 version of your mod.

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

hi, you can port it for yourself by just changing factorio_version field in info.json file.

AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AlexTheNotsogreat »

I tried that and it said:

"Failed to load mods: __N.Tech-Chemistry__/data.lua:8: ...ram files(x86/Factorio/data/core/lualib/dataloader.lua:12: Invlid prototype array {}

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

AlexTheNotsogreat wrote:I tried that and it said:
"Failed to load mods: __N.Tech-Chemistry__/data.lua:8: ...ram files(x86/Factorio/data/core/lualib/dataloader.lua:12: Invlid prototype array {}
I confirm too, there is an error

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] N.Tech-Chemistry

Post by Natha »

Hi there, I updated the mod...please let me know about unbalances and so on
I also added mod settings

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Glad to see you updated this!

byteme8bit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by byteme8bit »

I get that there's more than one branch in the sulfur tree for efficiency reasons - but...
It seems like there's a loop in the ingredients...?

#1 To make Sulfur you need Sulfur dioxide but to make Sulfur dioxide you need Sulfur and oxygen

#2 To make Hydrogen sulfide you need Sulfur Dioxide but to make Sulfur Dioxide you need Hydrogen sulfide and oxygen

#3 It seems like there's supposed to be a way to get sulfur out from a refinery?? But I cannot seem to get that to work...

#4 To make Sulfuric acid you need Disulfuric acid and water but to make Disulfuric acid you need Sulfuric acid and Sulfur trioxide..

I really want to use this mod and it seems like you put in a lot of work on it - thank you so much for your time and efforts thus far I'm just very confused and need a little more explanation if I am misunderstanding things :( Thanks a bunch!

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

byteme8bit wrote:I get that there's more than one branch in the sulfur tree for efficiency reasons - but...

#1 To make Sulfur you need Sulfur dioxide but to make Sulfur dioxide you need Sulfur and oxygen

#2 To make Hydrogen sulfide you need Sulfur Dioxide but to make Sulfur Dioxide you need Hydrogen sulfide and oxygen

#3 It seems like there's supposed to be a way to get sulfur out from a refinery?? But I cannot seem to get that to work...

#4 To make Sulfuric acid you need Disulfuric acid and water but to make Disulfuric acid you need Sulfuric acid and Sulfur trioxide..

I really want to use this mod and it seems like you put in a lot of work on it - thank you so much for your time and efforts thus far I'm just very confused and need a little more explanation if I am misunderstanding things :( Thanks a bunch!
Its possible, but its a long way (I wanna add more possibilities of gaining sulphur...). You need to desulphurize crude oil, a part of it is turned to sulphur dioxide. A part of the SO2 is used for sulfuric acid chain (H2SO4 from SO3 and H2O is just to start a circulation). The other part of the SO2 and the other part of the H2S is turned to sulphur. Its a slow chain, so you need a lot of crude oil (until there a more ways to gain sulfur).
Sulphur+oxygen->SO2 is not neccessary, but useful if you have too much sulfur.

byteme8bit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by byteme8bit »

Natha wrote:
byteme8bit wrote:I get that there's more than one branch in the sulfur tree for efficiency reasons - but...

Its possible, but its a long way (I wanna add more possibilities of gaining sulphur...). You need to desulphurize crude oil, a part of it is turned to sulphur dioxide. A part of the SO2 is used for sulfuric acid chain (H2SO4 from SO3 and H2O is just to start a circulation). The other part of the SO2 and the other part of the H2S is turned to sulphur. Its a slow chain, so you need a lot of crude oil (until there a more ways to gain sulfur).
Sulphur+oxygen->SO2 is not neccessary, but useful if you have too much sulfur.
Thank you so much for the reply Natha! I think it would be helpful to have a little bit more clear instructions on the actual step by step process. Where to start, what processes are the "high efficiency" ones, etc. I would be happy to write it up once I understand the ins and outs of this mod a little better.

GyroByte
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GyroByte »

I just installed the mod for the first time. While loading a map I played on I get a notice that something went wrong. The game doesn't crash, it just puts me back on the load game menu. Starting a new map works but loading doesn't. Screenshot in the attachment (ignore the background, its a different save).
Attachments
NTech Bug.PNG
NTech Bug.PNG (130.93 KiB) Viewed 7034 times

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

Hi folks,
I'm back updating this mod. I made it 1.1-ready but I think I don't have desire to make further extensions to the mod. Just some balancing...

If someone of you wants to collaborate, I can grant them permissions in the mod portal.

Return to “Mods”