Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.15.X] Item Collector

Post by Veden »

Item Collector

[*] Name: Item Collector
[*] Version: 0.17.0
[*] Factorio-Version: 0.15.26+
[*] Description: Factorio Mod - Adds an item collector + the technology to unlock it. The item collector itself can have its storage connected through wires and the collection process requires power. An entity that collects the items on the ground around itself
[*] License: Apache 2.0
[*] Release: 2017-11-19
[*] Download-Url: Download
[*] Website: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Veden/ItemCollector
[*] Github
[*] Dependencies:
[*] Category: Gameplay
[*] Author: Veden
LONG DESCRIPTION
CHANGLOG
Last edited by Veden on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.X] Item Collector

Post by Omnifarious »

What is an item collector? Is it some sort of mysterious golem that blunders about the map, knocking down factories and destroying belts in it's quest to collect random bits of ore and iron plate? Is it an undead revenant who, as soon as you manufacture something that revenant doesn't have any of, comes to kill you and take it from your fresh and bloody corpse as your spirit looks helplessly on? Is it an alien entity from beyond our dimension that mysteriously appears and abducts items? It's very mysterious.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

Omnifarious wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:55 am
What is an item collector? Is it some sort of mysterious golem that blunders about the map, knocking down factories and destroying belts in it's quest to collect random bits of ore and iron plate? Is it an undead revenant who, as soon as you manufacture something that revenant doesn't have any of, comes to kill you and take it from your fresh and bloody corpse as your spirit looks helplessly on? Is it an alien entity from beyond our dimension that mysteriously appears and abducts items? It's very mysterious.
Yeah… I just updated a mod on the portal and saw this one a few entries below mine on the portal home page when I checked to make sure the update I uploaded was visible.

This mod doesn't tell me anything about what it does. I assume something to do with collecting items (from thin air?). A mystery.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

dgw wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:08 am
Omnifarious wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:55 am
Yeah… I just updated a mod on the portal and saw this one a few entries below mine on the portal home page when I checked to make sure the update I uploaded was visible.

This mod doesn't tell me anything about what it does. I assume something to do with collecting items (from thin air?). A mystery.
What? The long description says this and it is repeated on the mod page under features.

- Item Collector + Technology to unlock it - An entity that collects the items on the ground around itself

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

Definitely just skimmed right past that because my brain thought it was a copy-paste of text I'd already seen… Not sure if related to tiredness or just mental shortcutting…

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

dgw wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:55 am
Definitely just skimmed right past that because my brain thought it was a copy-paste of text I'd already seen… Not sure if related to tiredness or just mental shortcutting…
When I posted my original paragraph, I do not believe the long description was there. I do believe that a phrase along the lines of 'collects items on the ground' in the short description would be useful to most people. But, I have a number of strange beliefs, so, I might just be a nutter.

Return to “Mods”