[MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Post by Earendel »

mrvn wrote:
Earendel wrote:Ideally I'd rebuild large sections of the mod from a performance standpoint. That will also require a lot of testing different ways of doing things to see which is actually faster. It's a big time sink for relatively small gains, so right now my priority is to finish the other features and mods I already have in the pipeline. Once those are done I'll be spending more time fixing bugs, and then doing optimisations work. I've been over the code a few times and I've made a lot of performance changes so for most problems I know there's not a quick fix. If someone reports a new performance issue I will look into it and see what's going on though, for example the lag caused when chaingunners approach a base is because enemies won't attack a vehicle by default so I need to find the biters and give them an attack move command.
Huh? When I drive by some aliens with a car or tank in vanilla then they attack me.
Is that because they attack the player inside the car? Didn't you add fake players to the AAI vehicles now causing much the same thing?

In my multiplayer game the other players have forbidden me from using chaingunners because the game becomes unplayable. I like to take 4-8 wardens and 12-20 chaingunners and arrange them in circles around a central warden. And then move in to attack.

Maybe if you still need to check for aliens and give them an attack move command would it be possible to do that just once for the whole group of 20 units instead of each unit individually?
The terminology here gets a bit awkward. Normally you have a "Player" which is not directly an in-game entity, and attached "character" which is the in-game entity for the player. Confusingly the character is named "player" but forget that for a moment.

I'm adding characters to the vehicles, but for some reason the bugs won't attack them 99% of the time. My guess is that there is no player attached to the character and the player is presumably the thing that makes them aggressive. So yes, I still need to provoke the biters with a script.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Earendel wrote:
mrvn wrote:
Earendel wrote:Ideally I'd rebuild large sections of the mod from a performance standpoint. That will also require a lot of testing different ways of doing things to see which is actually faster. It's a big time sink for relatively small gains, so right now my priority is to finish the other features and mods I already have in the pipeline. Once those are done I'll be spending more time fixing bugs, and then doing optimisations work. I've been over the code a few times and I've made a lot of performance changes so for most problems I know there's not a quick fix. If someone reports a new performance issue I will look into it and see what's going on though, for example the lag caused when chaingunners approach a base is because enemies won't attack a vehicle by default so I need to find the biters and give them an attack move command.
Huh? When I drive by some aliens with a car or tank in vanilla then they attack me.
Is that because they attack the player inside the car? Didn't you add fake players to the AAI vehicles now causing much the same thing?

In my multiplayer game the other players have forbidden me from using chaingunners because the game becomes unplayable. I like to take 4-8 wardens and 12-20 chaingunners and arrange them in circles around a central warden. And then move in to attack.

Maybe if you still need to check for aliens and give them an attack move command would it be possible to do that just once for the whole group of 20 units instead of each unit individually?
The terminology here gets a bit awkward. Normally you have a "Player" which is not directly an in-game entity, and attached "character" which is the in-game entity for the player. Confusingly the character is named "player" but forget that for a moment.

I'm adding characters to the vehicles, but for some reason the bugs won't attack them 99% of the time. My guess is that there is no player attached to the character and the player is presumably the thing that makes them aggressive. So yes, I still need to provoke the biters with a script.
That's odd because aliens attack trains too. And power poles and turrets come to think of. They certainly don't have players in them.

Officer Joe Balogna
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Officer Joe Balogna »

mrvn wrote: That's odd because aliens attack trains too. And power poles and turrets come to think of. They certainly don't have players in them.
If I remember correctly, aliens only attack things like power poles if they bump into them on their way to destroy sources of pollution. If that weren't the case, there's no way we could keep power poles outside our base without them getting demolished every minute or so.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Officer Joe Balogna wrote:
mrvn wrote: That's odd because aliens attack trains too. And power poles and turrets come to think of. They certainly don't have players in them.
If I remember correctly, aliens only attack things like power poles if they bump into them on their way to destroy sources of pollution. If that weren't the case, there's no way we could keep power poles outside our base without them getting demolished every minute or so.
The natural evolution mod makes aliens target turrets and power poles more agressively. Makes them appear much more intelligent as they will destroy the power pole for a laser turret before attacking the turret itself. Of attack a gun turret without ammo instead of the next one over with ammo. The power pole needs to be near the alien for it to target it. But they attack them even when they could just walk past them. Keeping a power line going past some aliens means having to add turrets or see it destroyed every minute or so indeed.

Anyway, the real comparison to AAI vehicles are trains. What about how they get attacked?

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Once the biters are already on an attack-move command it's not so bad, they'll attack most things that are marked as player creations. The biters you usually see are either already attacking due to pollution, or are responding to the player being close. (Turrets also seem to trigger them btw). The problem is when bites near bases are just sitting there while a vehicle cruises past, it's like they're stuck in an idle mode and don't register what's going on. Often they won't even wander in circles, they literally just sit facing north and do nothing.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

Earendel wrote:Once the biters are already on an attack-move command it's not so bad, they'll attack most things that are marked as player creations. The biters you usually see are either already attacking due to pollution, or are responding to the player being close. (Turrets also seem to trigger them btw). The problem is when bites near bases are just sitting there while a vehicle cruises past, it's like they're stuck in an idle mode and don't register what's going on. Often they won't even wander in circles, they literally just sit facing north and do nothing.
What happens when the the actual player gets close to these biters in the vanilla game? Does a code run to trigger them when 'he' gets close?

What about mimmicking the Rampant AI mod? They are using something called pheramones to trigger biter attacks. Maybe they are applying an attack command in a different way?

Shadefang
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shadefang »

I got this error as well:

"Error while running event aai-programmable-vehicles::on_tick (ID 0)_ _ aai-programmable-vehicles _ _/control.lua:1043: bad argument #-1 to 'remove' (string expected, got nil)"

Looking at the line it points to matches what I've seen, that this happens when a vehicle runs out of ammo and tries to reload a stack from its inventory.

I was able to seemingly get it to work by changing the line it pointed at from:

inv_trunk.remove({name=ammo_name, count=1})

to:

inv_trunk.remove(stack)

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

RocketManChronicles wrote:
Earendel wrote:Once the biters are already on an attack-move command it's not so bad, they'll attack most things that are marked as player creations. The biters you usually see are either already attacking due to pollution, or are responding to the player being close. (Turrets also seem to trigger them btw). The problem is when bites near bases are just sitting there while a vehicle cruises past, it's like they're stuck in an idle mode and don't register what's going on. Often they won't even wander in circles, they literally just sit facing north and do nothing.
What happens when the the actual player gets close to these biters in the vanilla game? Does a code run to trigger them when 'he' gets close?

What about mimmicking the Rampant AI mod? They are using something called pheramones to trigger biter attacks. Maybe they are applying an attack command in a different way?
The actual players do trigger the biters, yes. Pollution triggers most of them too, but often the vehicles are acting outside pollution range and temporarily adding pollution just to provoke them doesn't work well. Rampant AI uses the same same commands, the difference is that the rampant commands are usually given to a unit groups. With Rampant, if there are additional biters sitting around near a base not in a unit group you'll probably never see it so it's just not an issue. The problem that I have is that the vehicles give you vision of the biters sitting around, which not only looks bad, but is bad for gameplay if they don't fight back. They're not in a unit group yet, so they need to be collected into a unit group and given an attack order. Finding them, putting them in a group if they are not already, and giving the attack order is the part that takes the most time.

There are some modders that have access to the source code now, so I think it's reasonably likely that non-player character might provoke biters the same way as the player in the future. I haven't had time to propose that change yet but I can add it to my todo list.
Shadefang wrote:I got this error as well:

"Error while running event aai-programmable-vehicles::on_tick (ID 0)_ _ aai-programmable-vehicles _ _/control.lua:1043: bad argument #-1 to 'remove' (string expected, got nil)"

Looking at the line it points to matches what I've seen, that this happens when a vehicle runs out of ammo and tries to reload a stack from its inventory.

I was able to seemingly get it to work by changing the line it pointed at from:

inv_trunk.remove({name=ammo_name, count=1})

to:

inv_trunk.remove(stack)
Thanks for reporting, I'll fix that.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Earendel wrote:
RocketManChronicles wrote:

The actual players do trigger the biters, yes. Pollution triggers most of them too, but often the vehicles are acting outside pollution range and temporarily adding pollution just to provoke them doesn't work well. Rampant AI uses the same same commands, the difference is that the rampant commands are usually given to a unit groups. With Rampant, if there are additional biters sitting around near a base not in a unit group you'll probably never see it so it's just not an issue. The problem that I have is that the vehicles give you vision of the biters sitting around, which not only looks bad, but is bad for gameplay if they don't fight back. They're not in a unit group yet, so they need to be collected into a unit group and given an attack order. Finding them, putting them in a group if they are not already, and giving the attack order is the part that takes the most time.

There are some modders that have access to the source code now, so I think it's reasonably likely that non-player character might provoke biters the same way as the player in the future. I haven't had time to propose that change yet but I can add it to my todo list.
Oh, I think I understand now. They are "freshly" spawned in and have yet to be identified on what to do. I just tried looking at this exact scenario in my current game and I see what you are referring to. They are just sitting there, all facing north. Unless one of my vehicles makes the first move (attack), they pretty much just sit there and ignore the vehicles. This was far away from my base and outside the pollution cloud. However, I did notice that if one biter roaming around near a nest, will agro and charge the vehicles, and such will gather others sitting in the nest to attack. Interesting to see their behavior this far from base.

Krivougolnik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Krivougolnik »

Error while running event aai-programmable-vehicles::on_tick (ID 0)__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:1042: bad argument #-1 to 'remove' (string expected, got nil)

Krivougolnik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Krivougolnik »

I understood the cause of the error problem Error while running event aai-programmable-vehicles :: on_tick (ID 0) __ aai-programmable-vehicles __ / control.lua: 1042: bad argument # -1 to 'remove' (string expected, got nil)
If the tank is running out of ammunition, but there are ammo in its inventory of another type, then it tries to charge them and this causes an error.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Krivougolnik wrote:I understood the cause of the error problem Error while running event aai-programmable-vehicles :: on_tick (ID 0) __ aai-programmable-vehicles __ / control.lua: 1042: bad argument # -1 to 'remove' (string expected, got nil)
If the tank is running out of ammunition, but there are ammo in its inventory of another type, then it tries to charge them and this causes an error.
That should be fixed in v0.4.3.

Derringer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Derringer »

Did support for non-pathfinding move commands go away entirely? I took a stab at automating an Aircraft cargo plane on hauler duty and it insisted on dodging and weaving around every tree even though I sent a move command using sub-tile offsets. In any case, I thought vehicles that could move over water wouldn't attempt pathfinding, and that sub-tile offset move commands would attempt to beeline rather than pathfind.

Krivougolnik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Krivougolnik »

Earendel wrote:
Krivougolnik wrote:I understood the cause of the error problem Error while running event aai-programmable-vehicles :: on_tick (ID 0) __ aai-programmable-vehicles __ / control.lua: 1042: bad argument # -1 to 'remove' (string expected, got nil)
That should be fixed in v0.4.3.
It exists?
Derringer wrote:Did support for non-pathfinding move commands go away entirely? I took a stab at automating an Aircraft cargo plane on hauler duty and it insisted on dodging and weaving around every tree even though I sent a move command using sub-tile offsets. In any case, I thought vehicles that could move over water wouldn't attempt pathfinding, and that sub-tile offset move commands would attempt to beeline rather than pathfind.
AI here is based on AI beetles.

Ironhair
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ironhair »

trying to get my feet wet with this mod and I'm getting the basics..
However, it would be very helpful if the blueprints could be updated to .16 format!

Ironhair
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ironhair »

A question regarding the save file,
the Clear Empty Resource Zone has wood in all 5 designs.
Is it meant to be that or does it need to be wood and 4 ores?
(with the corresponding color X zone)

AAI Blueprints Book > From the demo save file.

Code: Select all

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

Ironhair
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ironhair »

Question : How do you identify the ID of the zone?
I can't figure out which zone id to set for my miner controller, so they go to the correct ore field.
(for eg, all orange X zones are copper, but my miner constant combinator feeding into the zone scanner has Orange X (id 1) atm.. and my miners are stuck in the middle of an ore patch, with the middle cleaned out, but the miners aren't moving to the next part of the ore patch)

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Ironhair wrote:A question regarding the save file,
the Clear Empty Resource Zone has wood in all 5 designs.
Is it meant to be that or does it need to be wood and 4 ores?
(with the corresponding color X zone)
They should not be wood. That demo map is really old. I was working on some files to replace it but more recently I was thinking that it might be better to have a mini-campaign to act as a tutorial.
Derringer wrote:Did support for non-pathfinding move commands go away entirely? I took a stab at automating an Aircraft cargo plane on hauler duty and it insisted on dodging and weaving around every tree even though I sent a move command using sub-tile offsets. In any case, I thought vehicles that could move over water wouldn't attempt pathfinding, and that sub-tile offset move commands would attempt to beeline rather than pathfind.
When a vehicle in direct-move crashes into something it switches to pathfinding so there's a bit of crossover now.
Flying and floating vehicles should never pathfind so that's a bug, I'll fix it.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Earendel wrote: They should not be wood. That demo map is really old. I was working on some files to replace it but more recently I was thinking that it might be better to have a mini-campaign to act as a tutorial.
Even though I know how to program for the majority of this mod, a mini-campaign would be most excellent as a tutorial for this mod. Great idea! A friend of mine would certainly benefit from this as I do tire of him constantly asking me "how do I-" questions, mostly about the same thing he already setup. LOL

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Ironhair wrote:Question : How do you identify the ID of the zone?
I can't figure out which zone id to set for my miner controller, so they go to the correct ore field.
(for eg, all orange X zones are copper, but my miner constant combinator feeding into the zone scanner has Orange X (id 1) atm.. and my miners are stuck in the middle of an ore patch, with the middle cleaned out, but the miners aren't moving to the next part of the ore patch)
What you do is check the tile containing orange X=1 and if there is no more copper you remove the zone. That causes id 2 to become id 1, id 3 becomes id 2 and so on. And your miner will move to the next zone tile (when you send it to orange X=1 again). Check the tile and send the miner only every few seconds to save UPS.

Return to “Mods”