Topics and discussion about specific mods
Cyrlynx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Vehicle Wagon 1.0.6

Post by Cyrlynx »

Cool, its doesn't crash anymore!
Thank you!

Have you thought about what I told you for the other thing?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Hi, I noticed you never overwrite the base wagon icon of the entities.
I'm using entity.icon to generate signals representing train composition in Logistic Train Network.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Optera wrote:Hi, I noticed you never overwrite the base wagon icon of the entities.
I'm using entity.icon to generate signals representing train composition in Logistic Train Network.
Right you are, I'll have this fixed for the next update.

Commander Gizmo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Commander Gizmo »

Thanks for this really handy mod. It's very handy when exploring with RSO! However, I recently started using the awesome Bulldozer mod. This thing is incredibly handy for running rails through forests and it would be great if I could put it on a wagon on my expansion train. Can you add support for the bulldozer vehicle please?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Commander Gizmo wrote:Thanks for this really handy mod. It's very handy when exploring with RSO! However, I recently started using the awesome Bulldozer mod. This thing is incredibly handy for running rails through forests and it would be great if I could put it on a wagon on my expansion train. Can you add support for the bulldozer vehicle please?
Perhaps.... but you could just use FARL to run your rail lines through forests, don'tcha know? ;)

Commander Gizmo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Supercheese wrote:Perhaps.... but you could just use FARL to run your rail lines through forests, don'tcha know? ;)
Thanks for the tip! I've seen FARL, but I found it too cheaty at this point. I'll probably change my tune once I'm trying to lay track for days and days, but at least for now I want to build the tracks myself.

Commander Gizmo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Commander Gizmo wrote:Thanks for this really handy mod. It's very handy when exploring with RSO! However, I recently started using the awesome Bulldozer mod. This thing is incredibly handy for running rails through forests and it would be great if I could put it on a wagon on my expansion train. Can you add support for the bulldozer vehicle please?
Umm.... Please?

Ark
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ark »

Could you please add support for the AAI vehicles? I really like your mod

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Ark wrote:Could you please add support for the AAI vehicles? I really like your mod
I've been looking into it, might be able to make that happen.

Cornyne
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cornyne »

Please add the mod LJD Vehicles to your list of vehicles. This mod is really handy and I like it.
Cornyne

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Cornyne wrote:Please add the mod LJD Vehicles to your list of vehicles. This mod is really handy and I like it.
Cornyne
Unfortunately, the terms of the license for LJD Vehicles prevent me from adding Vehicle Wagon support for it:
Abandon:
If this Mod becomes abandoned, anyone may take up the task to update it to the current version. These updates may only be toward to goal of making it usable with the current version of factorio. Any other use of the mod code or resources is not allowed.
Learning:
This mod may be used to learn more about making mods but not used to make a mod for release.
I would need to edit the LJD Vehicles sprite sheet to make it compatible with Vehicle Wagon and add it to the mod bundle, which would violate the license terms.
You could talk to the mod author and see about having the license changed to something more permissive.

Jarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jarin »

Any idea if/when you'll be releasing an 0.15 version? Or is this a "wait for stable release" situation?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Jarin wrote:Any idea if/when you'll be releasing an 0.15 version? Or is this a "wait for stable release" situation?
I'm working one-at-a-time on updating mods for 0.15, and currently I'm working on Orbital Ion Cannon, which is shaping up to be a major, major update, so it'll take a while before I can get around to Vehicle Wagon here.

Phasma Felis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Phasma Felis »

(Reposted because I didn't realize it had to be researched the first time)

For what it's worth, changing the version to 0.15 in info.json throws an error related to the winch entity prototype: "Max health must be positive". If I open entities.lua and change the winch's max health from 0 to 1, it almost works: I can research the tech, build a flatcar and winch, and get a car onto the flatcar. When I try to winch it off, the sound plays, then I get kicked out to the main menu with the error:

Code: Select all

Notice
Error while running event Vehicle Wagon::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaGameScript doesn't contain key raise_event.
stack traceback:
__Vehicle Wagon__/control.lua:150: in function <__Vehicle Wagon__/control.lua:102>
Also, the name of the tech and the two items appear in-game as:

Unknown key:"technology-name.vehicle-wagons"
Unknown key:"entity-name.vehicle-wagon"
Unknown key:"entity-name.winch"
No pressure on Supercheese, I know you're busy. :) But if anyone who knows more about modding than I do has any suggestions, I'd be happy to poke at this some more.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Phasma Felis wrote:(Reposted because I didn't realize it had to be researched the first time)

For what it's worth, changing the version to 0.15 in info.json throws an error related to the winch entity prototype: "Max health must be positive". If I open entities.lua and change the winch's max health from 0 to 1, it almost works: I can research the tech, build a flatcar and winch, and get a car onto the flatcar. When I try to winch it off, the sound plays, then I get kicked out to the main menu with the error:

Notice
stack traceback:
__Vehicle Wagon__/control.lua:150: in function <__Vehicle Wagon__/control.lua:102>

No pressure on Supercheese, I know you're busy. :) But if anyone who knows more about modding than I do has any suggestions, I'd be happy to poke at this some more.
The error can be fixed by replacing "game.raise_event" to "script.raise_event".
(Reason: the raise_event function is moved from the game object to the script object)

The lost locale can be fixed by eliminating the white spaces before and after "=" in the locale files.

vehicle-wagon = You can use a ...
should be

vehicle-wagon=You can use a ...
(Reason: Factorio no longer trim the white spaces)

(PM Supercheese with the updated version so he can upload it quickly? :P )

The_Destroyer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by The_Destroyer »

Mooncat wrote:
Phasma Felis wrote:(Reposted because I didn't realize it had to be researched the first time)

Notice
stack traceback:

The error can be fixed by replacing "game.raise_event" to "script.raise_event".
(Reason: the raise_event function is moved from the game object to the script object)

The lost locale can be fixed by eliminating the white spaces before and after "=" in the locale files.

vehicle-wagon = You can use a ...
should be

vehicle-wagon=You can use a ...
(Reason: Factorio no longer trim the white spaces)

(PM Supercheese with the updated version so he can upload it quickly? :P )
Been trying to fix the mod like this, but I have no idea where game.raise_event is.
Nevermind, found it. I'll see what happens
After discovering there was a lot of game.raise_event to change (3 files) I finally got it working, it seems. I'll PM supercheese.

Here's the link, may or may not corrupt save files, blow up all your trains and crash factorio. Probably works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0gmx4akwsx43 ... 6.zip?dl=0

timer67
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timer67 »

Is there any chance of you adding Angels to this supercheese :?:

I love this mod, and i would love to be able to load my MCV onto my trains!

Phasma Felis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Phasma Felis »

The_Destroyer wrote:Here's the link, may or may not corrupt save files, blow up all your trains and crash factorio. Probably works.
This works great for me, thanks so much! All you missed was the thing about removing whitespace to fix the in-game text, so I've done that and attached the result.

High fives to Supercheese, Mooncat, and Destroyer. Great teamwork, guys!
Attachments
Vehicle Wagon_1.0.6.zip
(5.99 MiB) Downloaded 115 times

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Vehicle Wagon 1.1.0

Post by Supercheese »

Thanks for the contributions guys, version 1.1.0 is now released. A new feature is blinking arrows that indicate which vehicle you have selected for winching -- try it out and see! :)

Return to “Mods”