capthavic
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Mod [0.12.20+] Concrete Logistics 1.0.4

Post by capthavic »

Afforess wrote:
capthavic wrote:
Afforess wrote: Thanks for being so patient and helpful ^w^

Working fine now, my only complaint is there doesn't seem to be a default concrete option, only the colored ones. Other than that seems to be working perfectly now! :D
Dang! Talk about obvious mistakes. Fixed in 1.0.4!
Looks all good, thanks for working so hard on this! Cheers! ^w^

Zuzak
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zuzak »

Thank you for this mod.

That said, I have 2 problems,
!no construction bots within a concrete logistics hub network!
Maybe my network is too large? (4000 logistics, 3000 construction bots, 200+ roboports)

It sometimes crashes the game when I tell construction bots to deconstruct it.
control.lua : 95
LuaEntitity API call when LuaEntitity was invalid

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Zuzak wrote:Thank you for this mod.

That said, I have 2 problems,
!no construction bots within a concrete logistics hub network!
Maybe my network is too large? (4000 logistics, 3000 construction bots, 200+ roboports)
That message appears when concrete logistics is not powered, or is not hooked up to a logistics network. If you have a lot of them placed, it might be hard to spot which one is not set up correctly... I'll see if I can improve the message and maybe make it visible on the minimap or in-game too.

Zuzak wrote: It sometimes crashes the game when I tell construction bots to deconstruct it.
control.lua : 95
LuaEntitity API call when LuaEntitity was invalid
Thanks for the report, fixed in 1.0.5!

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mod [0.12.20+] Concrete Logistics 1.0.5

Post by kiba »

I don't really care about the color coded concrete. I just want concrete everywhere!

Because walking is really slow and painful in a sufficiently large base.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

kiba wrote:I don't really care about the color coded concrete. I just want concrete everywhere!

You can change the concrete to be the grey concrete for every structure when you place a concrete logistics tower. ;)

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Afforess wrote:
kiba wrote:I don't really care about the color coded concrete. I just want concrete everywhere!

You can change the concrete to be the grey concrete for every structure when you place a concrete logistics tower. ;)
No. I want to pave the floor with reckless abandon!

Although I could simply do that with blue print.

Anyway, it would be nice if we could set up a base parameter so I don't have to spam a large ass blueprint. Is that too much to ask for?

DionEngels
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Concrete Logistics 1.0.5

Post by DionEngels »

How do I add other items to the list of where to place concrete? I don't use any normal transport belts anymore, and want to set the system to place concrete near fast/express transport belt, but I can't figure out how. I have been furiously clicking everywhere on the interface, but it just doesn't do anything :(

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

DionEngels wrote:How do I add other items to the list of where to place concrete? I don't use any normal transport belts anymore, and want to set the system to place concrete near fast/express transport belt, but I can't figure out how. I have been furiously clicking everywhere on the interface, but it just doesn't do anything :(
The images are a bit deceiving. When it shows transport belts, it means any type of belt, not just the slow. Same with assembling machines, etc. It is looking at the 'type' of item it is and not the exact names. So it will place the same sort of concrete around normal, fast, and express belts. ;)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

502 Bad Gateway ok all but one image :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Koub wrote:502 Bad Gateway ok all but one image :)
So derp, I was running the server providing the images, and didn't run it in a screen / backgrounded process, so it died when my terminal session ended. That's what I get for 1am coding.

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GameCharmer »

Ran into a crash after about an hour or so of game play running 1.0.5

Code: Select all

Error while running the event handler:
__Concrete_Logistics__/libs/tile_cache.lua 19
attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

GameCharmer wrote:Ran into a crash after about an hour or so of game play running 1.0.5

You can please provide your save + zip of all mods so I can reproduce this? It's a complex section of code, and I can't debug it without an example to work off of.

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GameCharmer »

I think this is the save you're looking for. The mod pack I'm working on is available as a zip here: https://gitlab.konghack.com/GameCharmer ... ref=master
The Concrete Logistics mod was removed from the pack before last commit.

Thanks for looking into this! I was live streaming and it was epic seeing designs come to life before it crashed. :D
Attachments
QuickSave.zip
(6.43 MiB) Downloaded 173 times

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

GameCharmer wrote:I think this is the save you're looking for. The mod pack I'm working on is available as a zip here: https://gitlab.konghack.com/GameCharmer ... ref=master
The Concrete Logistics mod was removed from the pack before last commit.

Thanks for looking into this! I was live streaming and it was epic seeing designs come to life before it crashed. :D
I actually get a really interesting factorio crash from the game engine when I try to load your save + mods. I don't know if this is just because I am on Linux or what, but I am forward this to the Factorio devs so they can examine why I get a factorio stack trace. I can load your save if I disable all mods, but that's not really useful for debugging purposes! :(

I'll switch to my windows system to test next.

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GameCharmer »

A month or two ago, before I took a break from Factorio, I had to run solely on Ubuntu. Loading my world would immediately drain 9GB of ram. I wound up getting back into things, updating mods, etc. only a week or two ago, and back on windows.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

GameCharmer wrote:Ran into a crash after about an hour or so of game play running 1.0.5

I'm able to load your save with Factorio 0.12.31, and did confirm the issue you saw. Looking into a fix.

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GameCharmer »

Excellent! I've been able to play with it so long as I break the tower and replace it every 45 minutes or so without crashes. I was wondering though, it does seem to become a bottleneck for logistic drones. I see that it's set to have 0 charging ports, but they still try to charge anyway. Is it a known game bug?

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

GameCharmer wrote:Excellent! I've been able to play with it so long as I break the tower and replace it every 45 minutes or so without crashes. I was wondering though, it does seem to become a bottleneck for logistic drones. I see that it's set to have 0 charging ports, but they still try to charge anyway. Is it a known game bug?
It has 1 charging port actually, and I think 0.12.31 just added a new "feature" where roboports can now have 0 charging ports, and robots will not try to use them to charge. Previously you had to have at least 1 charging port.

So I plan on updating the hub to not allow charging and that should fix it.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

GameCharmer wrote:Excellent! I've been able to play with it so long as I break the tower and replace it every 45 minutes or so without crashes. I was wondering though, it does seem to become a bottleneck for logistic drones. I see that it's set to have 0 charging ports, but they still try to charge anyway. Is it a known game bug?
Try out Concrete Logistics 1.1.0, I'm hoping it prevents the error you discovered in your save. Let me know if it occurs again or you find any other errors. ;)

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Concrete Logistics 1.1.0

Post by GameCharmer »

So far so good, not a single crash. It also seems to be running several times faster than the previous version. Awesome!

Return to “Mods”