[MOD 0.18] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.8.2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.4.5

Post by Optera »

Thanks, I guess i can now stop editing the visibility radius back to from 1 to base radars 3 after each update.
Do the auto targeting radars target enemies in their visibility area?

Dave64738
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dave64738 »

Suggestion: could you throttle the number of audio messages back to maybe no more than one announcement every 15 seconds? Or perhaps have the option to silence it altogether?
Having got to 500 satellites in orbit around my developing megabase I started looking for something else and this seemed ideal.
So I'm currently up to 60 ion cannons in orbit and having fun going around blasting those nasty creepy crawlies!
However it's not so much fun hearing it go "Ion cannon readyIon cannon readyIon cannon readyIon cannon readyIon cannon readyIon cannon readyIon cannon readyIon cannon ready"....
I can see the point if you've only got a few up in the sky.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Dave64738 wrote:Suggestion: could you throttle the number of audio messages back to maybe no more than one announcement every 15 seconds? Or perhaps have the option to silence it altogether?
Having got to 500 satellites in orbit around my developing megabase I started looking for something else and this seemed ideal.
So I'm currently up to 60 ion cannons in orbit and having fun going around blasting those nasty creepy crawlies!
However it's not so much fun hearing it go "Ion cannon readyIon cannon readyIon cannon readyIon cannon readyIon cannon readyIon cannon readyIon cannon readyIon cannon ready"....
I can see the point if you've only got a few up in the sky.
Yeah I'll have something to address that for the 0.15 update.

KingKacke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KingKacke »

Hey Guys, great mod!
I love to use it, but now i have a problem.
I am building rails in the area where i was blasting out enemy bases, but i can not build in places where a biter base was.
Is this a known issue or are problems with other mods known?

Sorry for my english :oops:

Stichal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stichal »

Hy there!

i got a problem after launching the rocket with the ion cannon in the trunk. i made a screenshot from the error message.
i googled for a while, but was unable to find anything helpful, so maybe someone nice would reply pls :-)

thx for your kindness!
Attachments
error notiz.png
error notiz.png (100.53 KiB) Viewed 6317 times

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Stichal wrote:Hy there!

i got a problem after launching the rocket with the ion cannon in the trunk. i made a screenshot from the error message.
i googled for a while, but was unable to find anything helpful, so maybe someone nice would reply pls :-)

thx for your kindness!
You need to update your Factorio version. The current version as of this writing is 0.14.21.

Stichal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stichal »

Thank you supercheese for your fast answer!

my factorio isnt updating, so i had to do what i want to avoid - link it with steam...

a big thumbs up for your work, your mods are really awesome!

xlomkn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xlomkn »

Is it possible to make ion cannon count as satellite, to increase launched satellites counter and to avoid empty rocket message ?
(I didn't found it, but sorry if you already have answered this question)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

xlomkn wrote:Is it possible to make ion cannon count as satellite, to increase launched satellites counter and to avoid empty rocket message ?
(I didn't found it, but sorry if you already have answered this question)
Empty rocket message will be fixed with Factorio 0.15.

evildogbot100
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evildogbot100 »

Is it possible to make ion cannon deorbit after certain number of firing from config file? I need some sort of meaningful infinite resource dump for my mega base.

Rick
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rick »

Really like the Mod. But is there still the thought of adding in Rods from God? You could make a cheaper rocket which would just resupply the launching station with tungsten projektiles (Made of a lot of steel, some plastic and copper) and have no cooldown. Or just have a set times of charge for the launching station and then needing to shoot up a new one.
Would really love that
It's not bad to be dead, because you are dead and have no clue you are.
It's the same when you are dumb

Slayn25
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Slayn25 »

Such an awesome mod. Great job!

bikram_singh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bikram_singh »

im having trouble with the ion canon though, which mod has the ion canon targeting device. currently im using version 1.4.5 of the ion canon mod that you are using

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

bikram_singh wrote:im having trouble with the ion canon though, which mod has the ion canon targeting device. currently im using version 1.4.5 of the ion canon mod that you are using
The targeting device will become craftable once you've launched an ion cannon into orbit.

bikram_singh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bikram_singh »

Ahh thats what it was, thanks a bunch for the info, im gitty with excitement to hear the old cimmand and xonquer voice announce that the ion canon is ready

MPeti1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MPeti1 »

Hi!
Auto-Targeting Stations are rarely targeting enemy bases for some reason, but i have placed at least 18 of it, all gets electricity. I have 4 ion cannon ready to fire. I'm not changed the radar scan distance in the mod's config. What is the problem? What kind of data can I provide to help find and fix the problem?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

MPeti1 wrote:Hi!
Auto-Targeting Stations are rarely targeting enemy bases for some reason, but i have placed at least 18 of it, all gets electricity. I have 4 ion cannon ready to fire. I'm not changed the radar scan distance in the mod's config. What is the problem? What kind of data can I provide to help find and fix the problem?
Perhaps the bases are too close, and are within the always-visible radius of your radars? If that is the case, the base sectors will not get scanned, and it is the scanning of chunks that triggers the automatic targeting; in that case you could try removing some of your radars or manually clearing out the nearby bases.

MPeti1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MPeti1 »

Supercheese wrote:
Perhaps the bases are too close, and are within the always-visible radius of your radars? If that is the case, the base sectors will not get scanned, and it is the scanning of chunks that triggers the automatic targeting; in that case you could try removing some of your radars or manually clearing out the nearby bases.
Maybe some, but not all bases :D
http://imgur.com/a/6snNK

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

MPeti1 wrote:
Supercheese wrote:
It looks like your entire map is charted. Are you using any mods that disable the "fog of war"?

MPeti1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MPeti1 »

Supercheese wrote:
MPeti1 wrote:
Supercheese wrote:
It looks like your entire map is charted. Are you using any mods that disable the "fog of war"?
No, i'm not. I only revealed all chunks with "creative mode" mod (just to see far bases are not destroyed), but after it i loaded a save that i made before the chunk revealing. You can see the command line output in the bottom-left of the picture

Return to “Mods”