Pictures
Video
Version history
Attachments
Advanced-Drills_0.1.4.zip
(166.21 KiB) Downloaded 771 times
Advanced-Drills_0.1.3.zip
(166.16 KiB) Downloaded 756 times
Last edited by cj89898 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 10 times in total.

cj89898
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.12.x] Advanced Drills - Quick Fix

Post by cj89898 »

The newest file has stacked technology.
Meaning that the required technology doesn't show up as a different set.

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Advanced Drills

Post by UberWaffe »

I cannot seem to find the attachment / download link.

cj89898
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cj89898 »

UberWaffe wrote:I cannot seem to find the attachment / download link.
Completely my bad. I must have not uploaded the quick fix. It has been fixed and uploaded now :)

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

Thanks, got it now.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

I'll throw here the same suggestion as I said on the other topic: show us a few numbers! Or even pictures/video!

Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Neomore »

Hello. I love this mod, but i feel like several of the number values were very unbabanced. As such, I made the following changes:

Edited the health, mining speed, and energy consumption values to be more balanced, and better resemble values in Factorio.

Edited the pollution values. When new technology is created, it gets more powerful, more efficient, and less polluting. As such, the pollution levels were changed to reflect this.

Lowered the number of modules in the elite drill to 4, to better balance with in game values.

If you want to incorporate these changes into the final version, or just ignore them, that's fine either way. I just want to give everyone else the chance to download and use this awesome mod, in the most balanced form.
Attachments
Advanced-Drills_0.1.3.zip
(166.18 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Author of Advanced Factorio, a set of mods that add small bits of Advanced functionality to your gameplay

Check it out here: https://mods.factorio.com/user/neomore

cj89898
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cj89898 »

Neomore wrote:Hello. I love this mod, but i feel like several of the number values were very unbabanced. As such, I made the following changes:

Edited the health, mining speed, and energy consumption values to be more balanced, and better resemble values in Factorio.

Edited the pollution values. When new technology is created, it gets more powerful, more efficient, and less polluting. As such, the pollution levels were changed to reflect this.

Lowered the number of modules in the elite drill to 4, to better balance with in game values.

If you want to incorporate these changes into the final version, or just ignore them, that's fine either way. I just want to give everyone else the chance to download and use this awesome mod, in the most balanced form.
I really do like that you have done this! When I made this mod I was new to factorio and everything about it. I just... knew how to code so I thought "Why not make something?" I will include these changed if I do update this mod.

Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Neomore »

Since I like this mod so much (and at this point am basically upkeeping it while the mod author is away or busy, I updated the mod to .13 version. You can count this as the unofficial official update, from the "not quite a co-author".

EDIT: As I have been now made co-author by cj89898, thus can now be considered the official update.

For future updates, look on the following page:
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=27550
Attachments
Advanced-Drills_0.1.5.zip
(166.22 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Last edited by Neomore on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Advanced Factorio, a set of mods that add small bits of Advanced functionality to your gameplay

Check it out here: https://mods.factorio.com/user/neomore

cj89898
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cj89898 »

Neomore wrote:Since I like this mod so much (and at this point am basically upkeeping it while the mod author is away or busy, I updated the mod to .13 version. You can count this as the unofficial official update, from the "not quite a co-author".

Just to let you guys know, this mod took almost no time to update. That said, because .13 is so new, there is no working test mode yet. So, I pretty much had to modify test mode for 2 hours to get it to the point where it would let me have the 3 drills in my inventory. As far as I can tell, the stats are the same as the previous version, and everything SHOULD work. That said, I couldn't get test mode to place the drills on the ground (test mode's fault, not this mod), nor could I test that the tech tree works, so let me know if something is broken, and in my small Factorio coding knowledge, I'll attempt to fix it

EDIT: The test mode is now working (possibly 100%), and has been uploaded to the test mode forum page: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2842&start=60

For future updates (assuming the mod developer doesn't return), look on the following page:
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=27550

The only reason you are pretty much upkeeping the mod (which I am thankful for) is because I don't really play Factorio. I'm a type of person that like to experiment with coding and all that and then, if it works, it works. I moved on from Factorio onto other games to basically do the same thing. This is no excuse or anything, because I am very greatful that you are upkeeping this mod. You can include yourself as an author in all of your updates. You have my permission to re-post this mod as long as I am given credit. Do as you wish.

Return to “Mods”