[MOD 0.12.x] Logistic Combinators

Topics and discussion about specific mods
GopherAtl
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Logistic Combinators

Post by GopherAtl »

there's an official 0.1.2 version (didn't notice the unofficial 0.1.2 until I'd already set this one up, or I would've made it 0.1.3 to avoid confusion, sorry)

includes a couple of pull requests, including one from matepeter90 that fixes the issue in the latest versions where it does not update properly after a save and load.

official 0.1.2

re: performance issues, unless there's been changes to the API, it's definitely not a bug. These things work by using a dirty, dirty hack to work within the limitations of the API as it existed at the time. It was my hope that this would be temporary, and the API would gain functionality to do this much more easily in a future update. I have no idea if this is the case or not, and don't really have the time/inclination to go digging through updates to find out right now.

If you update this mod for me, send me a PR on github and PM he mere and I'll make it official pretty quickly; for some reason github refuses to send me email notifications about anything, and I'm not on github most of the time these days so it can take a long time for me to notice them there, but the forum does send me email notifications on PMs, so... yeah. Quickest response that way.
My Mods:
Nixie Tubes - numeric displays for your circuit networks!
Logistic Combinators - use logistics values in circuit logic! -
Autowire - automate red/green wire connections

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

So a while ago I made this feature request.

Then I decided it would be a good project for my first mod. Then I decided to base it on a constant combinator and made my graphic be that with a hue change (I actually chose blue).

Then I got frustrated going through modding documentation. Then I started looking around for examples of tying into the logistics network. Then I found this, which was exactly what I was trying to do.

Then I said "screw this", downloaded your mod, and was happy. :lol:

This is awesome. Major fist bump. Thanks.

I'm not really noticing any performance issues.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

I made a new mod based on yours, a combinator that reports the contents of belts: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=25959

Instructor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Instructor »

Very nice, when I first built a constant I imagined I could simply wire it to any logistic entity and get the value.

Unifire
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Unifire »

Hi, i was wondering if we can expect an update for factorio version 0.13 since t's such a nice mod and pretty necessary (IMHO) for my factory build

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Unifire wrote:Hi, i was wondering if we can expect an update for factorio version 0.13 since t's such a nice mod and pretty necessary (IMHO) for my factory build
Run a cable out of a roboport, change mode to either read robot statistics or to read logistic network contents. BAM. Everything this mod does and more.
(And that's not counting the fact that most entities can connect directly to the network.)

Why update this mod? What does it have that you can't do now?
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Unifire
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Unifire »

MasterBuilder wrote:
Unifire wrote:Hi, i was wondering if we can expect an update for factorio version 0.13 since t's such a nice mod and pretty necessary (IMHO) for my factory build
Run a cable out of a roboport, change mode to either read robot statistics or to read logistic network contents. BAM. Everything this mod does and more.
(And that's not counting the fact that most entities can connect directly to the network.)

Why update this mod? What does it have that you can't do now?
roboport will do, didn't now about that, i must say that you comment is pretty aggressive. (you can use the robport to read the logistic network contents) <== this would be a much nice comment

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Is there a mod for 0.14 that does something like this?

I'd dearly love to be able to have some Nixie Tube (another mod) displays in my center-map Citadel (at 0,0 coordinates) showing me numerical readouts of important fortress data, such as (in particular) how many Alien Artifacts I have in my various logi chests.

RepairMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RepairMan »

@Peter34
In version 14.x you can connect the robot port itself to the circuit network specifying what should be outputted (number of robots or content of the network iirc)
TODO List:
1. Build a von Neumann Probe Factory
2. Build a AI wich controls the factory
3. Send it all into space and watch as planets get eaten by it
4. PROFIT

prilr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by prilr »

I made a pull request on GitHub updating the mod to Factorio 0.14.
Everything seems to be working, though I didn't test it too carefully.
Updated version attached.

By the way, could anyone notify GopherAtl about the pull request via PM? I'm not yet allowed to do that, since I've registered very recently.
Attachments
logistic-combinators_0.1.4.zip
(132.07 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

Return to “Mods”