[MOD 0.12.x, 0.13.x] Side Inserters

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x, 0.13.x] Side Inserters

Post by Zeblote »

Tyrindor wrote:This might be in my head but after installing this my inserters seem to greatly prefer picking up items on the closet part of the belt, resulting in very lopsided belts where 1 lane is nearly empty and the other is full. Prior, it seemed it was random which belt side they picked up from. Splitter don't seem to fix it because it's too severe of a split.

Never really had this problem before, and this mod is the only thing I changed. Anyone else seeing the same?
It has always been like this. Inserters always grab from the near side unless the near side is empty.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

DarkHelmet wrote:Request: is there any chance that a migration script could be added to convert the old individual inserters into replacements?

I realize the non-deployed ones are the same as generics now, but it would be awesome if already deployed ones could be converted to a working configuration. I've made minor patches to other mods that haven't been updated for 0.13 yet but this is beyond my capabilities.
It turns out that migrating from the prototype-based 0.12 mod to the entity-based 0.13 version is too complex for a migration script, so I've had to create a custom mod for it. I've linked it in the first post of this thread, along with a description.
In summary, install Inserter Migration, load your 0.12 world, press SHIFT + K, make sure everything's to your liking, and save your world. You can then uninstall the migration mod. You don't have to install or disable Side Inserters 2, as the migration mod doesn't depend on it or conflict with it.

Sorry for the delay in making this, it's been a busy week.

yorune
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by yorune »

First, thanks for making the most convenient mod ever for my play style in this game. I'm sorry if this is rude but is there any way to make the side inserters for .13 as they did in .12? My method of using them was to batch build like 20 inserters of 5 different configurations and using them as I plan and build a section of my base. Thanks again for the wonderful mod!

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

yorune wrote:First, thanks for making the most convenient mod ever for my play style in this game. I'm sorry if this is rude but is there any way to make the side inserters for .13 as they did in .12? My method of using them was to batch build like 20 inserters of 5 different configurations and using them as I plan and build a section of my base. Thanks again for the wonderful mod!

The inserters are blueprintable and I believe copy/pastable so just set up your group of inserters some where and when you need a specific set up just Shift-Right Click to copy and Shift Left-click to apply the settings to your inserter.

lyravega
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyravega »

Items currently held by side inserters will be lost - inserter hand contents are read-only
Did they change anything about this? Because in 0.12.x it wasn't the case, you can put items in inserter hands.

Amorphic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Amorphic »

I'm getting this error when I try to run the game with only side inserters installed.

https://i.imgur.com/fym8eVt.png

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Are you running Factorio 0.12? That looks like the error you get when using the 0.13 mod on an 0.12 game.

sodyaler
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sodyaler »

I'm not sure if this is even an issue but When I hit the hotkey to change which side of the belt the inserter is supposed to put the items on it goes from the normal (farthest side) then it goes to long handed inserter distance, then once more it goes twice as far as the long handed. It never allows me to put it on the near side of the belt. I have bobs mods installed as well. Not sure if that's whats causing it though.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Do you have bob's adjustable inserter mod installed?

sodyaler
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sodyaler »

Ah yes, I do. I just mass installed all his mods. I didn't realise he added a few new mods to 0.13. My bad

jupiter878
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jupiter878 »

Thanks for making one of the most brilliant mods I've ever seen sir!

Return to “Mods”