[MOD 0.16 - 1.1] New Game+

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[MOD 0.16 - 1.1] New Game+

Post by Bilka »

Description
Allows you to start a new game plus once you launch a rocket. Generate a new world and leave your home world, but carry over an inventory full of items and your research.

Enabled the mod option to be able to run the ngp-gui command. Then simply type /ngp-gui in chat (or the console, it's the same thing), and you will see the gui and be able to start the new game plus without launching the rocket.

The above processes can be repeated an infinite amount of times. Please know that it is not possible to go back to your old world(s)! Pressing the start button might also freeze your game for up to a few minutes. That's fine. It'll unfreeze eventually.

Works with mods that add ores or terrain etc. If you want to generate a new world with them, first enable them, then start the new game plus, not the other way around.

Details
  • Name: New Game+
  • Version: 5.0.1
  • Factorio-Version: 0.16 - 1.1 (0.15 on github)
  • Description: Allows you to start a new game plus once you launch a rocket (or run a command). Generate a new world, but carry over an inventory full of items and your research.
  • License: MIT
  • First release: 2017-09-18
  • Download: Mod portal
  • Dependencies: base
  • Category: Helper Mods
  • Tags: Helper Mods
  • Author: Bilka
  • Git repository: https://github.com/Bilka2/NewGamePlus
Pictures
Last edited by Bilka on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

ArchtypeOfEpic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] New Game+

Post by ArchtypeOfEpic »

Cool! I think a mod should be created to add new tiles to make a new "planet". And more tech. And more stuff...

Yeah, that would take a lot of effort, but could work really well with this mod!

elkillo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by elkillo »

i personally believe this should be a vanilla option. Since its not im glad you made it! its now a permanent addition to my mod lineup.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Version 1.1.0 is now out :)
  • Added all advanced settings that can be found in the map generation GUI to the advanced settings
  • Added option to reset enemy evolution
  • Added "Reset to default" button that resets all settings back to the default
  • The "Set to current map settings" button now also sets the advanced settings to the currently used settings
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Version 1.1.1 is now out
  • Added support for the building platform mod
  • Minor code cleanup
Sadly the support for the building platform mod is currently limited to the "default" generation option .The grid and concentric-circle options cannot be used on another surface than nauvis, as configured in the code of the building platform mod.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Have you posted a feature request to delete/replace nauvis? Imho if allowing to straight out delete nauvis is not desirable it should cause far less problems if it was possible to create new surface -> swap new surface and nauvis (new surface becomes nauvis) and then delete the "new" surface that now contains what was formerly nauvis. That way nauvis always exists. Hm. Tho at the moment of swapping there would still be the need to fire an event for deletition+destruction of every entity on both surfaces :x.

Have you tried asking Rseding to allow changing the currently-unaccessible map generator settings instead? I've personally despaired before about the inability of changing map width/height, so i would certainly second a request.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

eradicator wrote:Have you tried asking Rseding to allow changing the currently-unaccessible map generator settings instead? I've personally despaired before about the inability of changing map width/height, so i would certainly second a request.
He said it's been on the to-do list for a while, so he'll work on it tomorrow :)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Looks like it's off the todo list now. :lol:

Code: Select all

Added support to change LuaSurface::map_gen_settings runtime.
[/url]
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Version 1.1.2 is now out
  • Fixed building platform option appearing although the building platform mod was not installed
  • Changed how on_entity_died is raised when deleting chunks, should prevent weirdness due to chunk borders when interacting with another mod's entities

morcup
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by morcup »

I'm getting the following error when a friend tries to join my game. I'm not sure which mod is causing it, but I suspect this mod might be trying to spawn him in one of the previous worlds.
The error is: Couldn't find suitable position to put th eplayer in the perimeter of 200 tiles from the point {0.00000,0.000000}
Check out my server.
Server thread at: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=35528

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

morcup wrote:I'm getting the following error when a friend tries to join my game. I'm not sure which mod is causing it, but I suspect this mod might be trying to spawn him in one of the previous worlds.
The error is: Couldn't find suitable position to put th eplayer in the perimeter of 200 tiles from the point {0.00000,0.000000}
What other mods are you using? Are you using a custom scenario?

morcup
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by morcup »

I've attached the mod-list.json , but basically it's Angel+Bob with some QOL mods. No custom scenario.

Edit: I had another friend join successfully, he had been in the previous world, but the player who generated the error had not played before in the previous world. Hope this helps.
Attachments
mod-list.json
(2.47 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Check out my server.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Thank you for your cooperation. Just like I thought the issue was actually partially with the base game: 56004 . I still have to teleport the joining player to the new world due to 56003 but that's not a big issue :)

morcup
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by morcup »

Awesome, thanks for your help.
Check out my server.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

@Bilka:

Now that total control over all map-gen settings at runtime is possible (or are there still any missing?) is the extra surface hack even still needed? can't you just:
  1. teleport all players to temporary surface
  2. change map gen settings for nauvis
  3. delete all chunks on nauvis
  4. regenerate span chunks on nauvis
  5. teleport players back to new nauvis
  6. remove temporary surface
This would remove the memory/cpu burden of having another surface (minor) and make the mod better compatible with other mods, even those that don't properly handle other surfaces (major).

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Cliff compability and the suggestion by eradicator will be implemented another time when I finally overhaul the gui again.

Version 2.0.1 is out:
  • Fixed that new players in multiplayers games would spawn in the wrong world

morcup
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15, 0.16] New Game+

Post by morcup »

Well 16.13 fixed the crashing when another player tried to join my game, but now he spawned on a different surface and I can't figure out how to get him to the current one. We tried killing him and teleporting him but he keeps respawning on the empty surface.
Check out my server.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Are you on the latest version of my mod? That should fix that for newly joining players.

If you friend joined the map before, that wont work though. You could run /c game.remove_offline_players("name of your friend") while he is offline and then my script should move him to the right world when he rejoins, he also loses his items though.

If you just teleport him to the right surface without doing any killing it should work too. You can find out the name of the surface you are on using /c game.print(game.player.surface.name)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

@Bilka:

Also you might even be able to get rid of the last temporary surface as well by:
  1. Change nauvis mapgen settings
  2. Teleport players to chunk 0,1 (i.e. anywhere safe, but not somewhere that doesn't exist yet (to ease the cpu burden))
  3. Delete chunk 0,0
  4. Teleport players to chunk 0,0
  5. Disable player character movement with active=false
  6. Delete the rest of nauvis chunks
That way it also works if all surface indexes are already used up by other mods (unlikely, i know. but i like to consider stuff like that :P), and you safe cpu/code for creation of temporary surfaces. Ofc the most optimal way would be to just store the entire player character in lua, but that would involve tons of extra code :/.

morcup
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by morcup »

Oh sorry, didn't see that you'd updated the mod already. I'll give those methods a try when my friend is available. Thanks for the quick help.
Check out my server.

Return to “Mods”