[MOD 0.14] Sticky notes - leave notes or signs on the map

Topics and discussion about specific mods
NiftyManiac
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Sticky notes - leave notes or signs on the map

Post by NiftyManiac »

Xelan wrote:the current version seems to have a nasty bug, which crashes not only the game but ultimately can destroy the savegame too (the last at least if you are running it on a server like we do) :!: Good thing that there's the autosave feature.
Regarding the bug: I'm/was using the street sign version, which should be indestructible with the default settings. Well, turn's out they aren't indestructible. Yes, you can run into them with a tank and nothing happens, BUT if fire gets just close enough or you deconstruct the note with your right click or you lag into the sign with a vehicle (yes, happened to me-.-) the game crashes. In case of the game running on a server this destroys your current savegame, since the map is saved even with the client and server crashing, resulting in another crash of the server the moment it beginns to load the map for a connecting client. I attached the server log for debugging purposes.
So I wasn't able to reproduce this, but I did fix notes being destroyed by flamethrower. Now everything is actually indestructible, so hopefully this is gone, but please let me know if you can reproduce it with the latest version. I can't imagine how deconstructing a sign with right-click would cause this, since that's pretty well tested behavior.

Xelan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xelan »

no idea why deconstructing a sign was causing a crash then, but everything works like a charm now, thank you very much :)

jackd23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jackd23 »

Is the auto-show option reversed? It seems to always show the label text when the option is disabled, but when the option is enabled, it only seems to show it when I hover over it.
Doctor, doctor, I have a condition, it's TRUE!

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

jackd23 wrote:Is the auto-show option reversed? It seems to always show the label text when the option is disabled, but when the option is enabled, it only seems to show it when I hover over it.
Yes that was the way I designed it.
If you do not check the option, teh label is always displayed.
If you check the option, it shows automatically when you hover.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Lankster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lankster »

Can you add the short key (ALT+W) in the \StickyNotes_2.1.3\locale\en file un the line "[entity-description]" to have the hot key.

OLD look:
[entity-description]
sticky-note = Use this item to leave a note on the ground as a reminder for yourself or a message to other players.
sticky-sign = Use this item to leave a note on the ground as a reminder for yourself or a message to other players.

NEW look:
[entity-description]
sticky-note = (ALT+W) Leave a note on the ground as a reminder.
sticky-sign = (ALT+W) Leave a note on the ground as a reminder.

This way when you run your mouse over it in game it shows the key (alt+w) to open it faster without having to look up the hot key.

I have a lot of hot keys to recall. TY

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pieppiep »

Any plans for 0.15?

It seems if you edit info.json and change the factorio version to 0.15 and edit entities.lua to change the max_health for invis_note to 1 it works.
You can even replicate uranium ore. Possible the same name as the uranium ore from the uranium power mod.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Here is a version for .15 that supports the Dollies from Picker Extended. This version also removes the on_tick stuff for auto-showing notes and uses the built in time-to-live and on_selection_changed events.

Hopefully NiftyManiac responds soon otherwise it looks like I Will have to take over another mod :)
Attachments
StickyNotes_2.1.4.zip
(54 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Nexela wrote:Here is a version for .15 that supports the Dollies from Picker Extended. This version also removes the on_tick stuff for auto-showing notes and uses the built in time-to-live and on_selection_changed events.

Hopefully NiftyManiac responds soon otherwise it looks like I Will have to take over another mod :)
Thank you wery much! :D

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

I'm not seeing notes on the map anymore with the latest version. Anyone else having this happen?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

charmead wrote:I'm not seeing notes on the map anymore with the latest version. Anyone else having this happen?
Are you talking about the map map?

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

Nexela wrote:
charmead wrote:I'm not seeing notes on the map anymore with the latest version. Anyone else having this happen?
Yes, used to show up, now does not.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Ok, I will look into this tonight.

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

charmead wrote:
Nexela wrote:
Yes, used to show up, now does not.
ok, they show up if I zoom in far enough.

NiftyManiac
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NiftyManiac »

Hey guys, sorry for the hiatus, been really busy. I'll try to check out Nexela's updates and push a new version of the mod soonish.

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Nexela wrote:Here is a version for .15 that supports the Dollies from Picker Extended. This version also removes the on_tick stuff for auto-showing notes and uses the built in time-to-live and on_selection_changed events.

It is impossible to use the mod for me. :( A few seconds after the place the note, an error occurs:

Factorio 0.15.23
PickerExtended_2.8.1
StickyNotes_2.1.4

I so miss these neat notes.. :roll:

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

This might be a conflict with sticky notes and picker (The current version of picker has an adaptation of sticky-notes that may be in compatable with the standalone

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Nexela wrote:This might be a conflict with sticky notes and picker (The current version of picker has an adaptation of sticky-notes that may be in compatable with the standalone
Wil try to find help
Okay, I will try to find help from the creator of picker mood. Thank you for reply.

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Sedar wrote:
Nexela wrote:This might be a conflict with sticky notes and picker (The current version of picker has an adaptation of sticky-notes that may be in compatable with the standalone
Wil try to find help
Okay, I will try to find help from the creator of picker mood. Thank you for reply.
Oh,now I saw that you are the author of picker mod. Maybe there is a possibility to add notes directly to your mod? Or at least just kind of simple notes on the ground (without extended capabilities: map visibilyty etc.) Because the author of the original mod apparently left us. Anyway thank you. :)

update: Now I see that i can just use Picker mod. And instead of using Stickynotes just use constant combinators vith notes.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

:) Picker has all of the sticky note functionality built in.

Ahry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ahry »

Will you update this mod for 0.15? It is really helpfull when programing with combinators.

Return to “Mods”