[MOD 0.13] Black Market (sell and buy on the market)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Black Market (sell and buy on the market)

Post by binbinhfr »

Airat9000 wrote: I do not know why I only have 87 mods .
87!!! quite a lot, no ? :-D
As I told you, I suspect that there is a bad interaction somewhere between mods, but I cannot reproduce it by myself : so you must understand that I cannot identify the problem... I am sorry.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

binbinhfr wrote:
As I told you, I suspect that there is a bad interaction somewhere between mods, but I cannot reproduce it by myself : so you must understand that I cannot identify the problem... I am sorry.
:D :D I had 112 mods (v13.0) more deleted

I solved the problem by adding of the TXT file

Code: Select all

-- Unknown items/fluids -> not priced (not present in any recipe or only in isolated looped recipes):
Added section
-- special manually declared prices

Code: Select all

["electric-chemical-mixing-furnace-2"] = 23000000,
	["oil-refinery-3"] = 43000000,
	["oil-refinery-4"] = 83000000,
	["bob-mining-drill-4"] = 25000000,
	["bob-logistic-robot-4"] = 6000000,
	["bob-construction-robot-4"] = 6000000,
the goods went on sale

question
prices will vary depending from depending on my price?

я решил проблему путем добавления из ТХТ файла. Решил путем добавления в Config.lua
товары появились в продаже
вопрос
цены будут меняться смотря от зависимости моих цен?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

> I solved the problem by adding of the TXT file

yes it is a solution : you can define price manually.

> question prices will vary depending from depending on my price?

Yes. Your custom price is the reference now.

Do not forget to save this TXT file, because it will be overwritten at next mod update.

Profit-
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Profit- »

Hey there, is there a fast way to disable selling of items, but allow all things to be bought still?

For example, I want players to be ONLY able to sell alien artifacts and energy but be able to buy everything still, is there an easy way to do this?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Profit- wrote:Hey there, is there a fast way to disable selling of items, but allow all things to be bought still?
For example, I want players to be ONLY able to sell alien artifacts and energy but be able to buy everything still, is there an easy way to do this?
Hi,

No there is no way to filter items in one single way.
You can manually define/overwrite item prices in config.lua (and set them to 0 if you want to prevent their sales/purchases), but it will affect both sales and purchases.

Afterall, this is black market : everything can be sold and purchased, that's the essence of capitalism :-D

But I still wonder why you want these restrictions...

Profit-
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Profit- »

Because the mod makes certain resource gathering extremely trivial with certain mods, especially bobs mods, and I was thinking about using it on a dedicated game with limited starting resources and they have to use trains and the like to gather from afar. While a limited amount of buying and selling is OK for niche resources, the mod as it is pretty much removes the need to do all of that. However if it was restricted down significantly, people could purchase small quantities of resources but could not really have exponential growth as the products are not purchased.

I was going to claim that they were at the bottom of a gravity well and shipping things up to orbit was prohibitive unless it was items that could not be attained up there or was an item that had no weight like energy. Hence the Alien artifacts and Energy only. That way players could buy things still, but couldn't base an entire economy on the black market, especially when raw productivity boards come online.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Well I understand your point of view, but I'm afraid I won't change the basic behaviour of my mod. It does not seem logical to me. And it will be hard to implement all these exceptions or filter lists. If you need artifacts, you could look at some alien artifact mods (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/cullyn/peacemod or https://mods.factorio.com/mods/flonussi/AlienArtifacts for example)

But if you want to avoid market abuse, you can tweak numbers in config.lua to make speculation less interesting :
example :
- make base tax (4%) higher, try :
tax_start = 50 -- starting fee in % for one action per day
tax_growth = 0.2 -- exponential growth with frequency/day : fee = tax_start * (freq ^ tax_growth)
tax_immediate = 95 -- fee for immediate action

- make cost more exponential between technos, so it will be harder to buy high level items.
energy_cost = 100 -- cost of energy unit in recipes (time, different from MJ)
tech_ingr_cost = 3000 -- average cost of a science pack
tech_amortization = 0.005 -- amortization of the tech cost in object price
commercial_margin = 0.20 -- commercial margin

- change dynamic pricing, so that prices are rapidly not interesting if too many sales or purchases :
dynamic_regrowth = 0.02 -- how prices slowly return to optimal value if untouched (every day)
dynamic_influence_item = 0.0005 -- influence of sales and purchases on prices (per item, per day)
dynamic_influence_fluid = 0.0005 -- influence of sales and purchases on prices (per item, per day)
dynamic_influence_energy = 0.005 -- influence of sales and purchases on prices (per item, per day)
dynamic_minimal = 0.2
dynamic_maximal = 5

Hope it helps. Have fun.

Profit-
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Profit- »

Yeah, I was just wondering if it was possible but since it is not, it is ok. Thanks for your time.

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

I encountered a problem that prevents me from being able to buy... (well, I can buy coal, as that seems to be the default item to buy, but I can't change it due to the window size problem)

The selection window is too big, and doesn't fit the screen, where it is positioned.

Can you make your windows moveable, like the chest windows can be moved around?

I can't select anything, as I can only see the large category icons, and the item icons below, start below the lower edge of my screen.
binbinhfr wrote:
That's a lot?

I'm currently running 188 mods... :)

-- Smoov

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Smoovious wrote:Can you make your windows moveable, like the chest windows can be moved around?
No, factorio API does not allow this.
Could you please post a screencopy so that I figure out the problem ?
By the way, what is the size/resolution of your screen ?

EDIT : I added a scroll bar to this menu, so it should work better now if you have a lot of items.
Please update and tell me if it's ok.

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

binbinhfr wrote:
Smoovious wrote:Can you make your windows moveable, like the chest windows can be moved around?
No, factorio API does not allow this.
Could you please post a screencopy so that I figure out the problem ?
By the way, what is the size/resolution of your screen ?

EDIT : I added a scroll bar to this menu, so it should work better now if you have a lot of items.
Please update and tell me if it's ok.
Ok, will bug the devs to add that property to the API...

I'm running 1920x1280... and I was able to work around the problem by changing the GUI scale, but then the GUI becomes unreadable for me... (deteriorating close-range eyesight)

Another option, would be to place the selection window to the right of the ... will call it property window ... instead of below it.

(working on a screenshot... just started a new game last night)

-- Smoov

edit: OH... and when items are purchased... how are those done? Does it wait until it can do the whole purchase, or will it do a little at a time as you have monies for it? and if a little at a time, and I have 3 things set to buy, will it be proportional? If I have a buy set up that is larger than the contents of the chest, how is that handled? (just started using your mod, and still figuring out the quirks. :) )

edit2: screenshot... (default GUI scaling, 1920x1280)
20160924172041_1.jpg
20160924172041_1.jpg (696.67 KiB) Viewed 6351 times

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Hi,

I do not understand your screencopy : for me, the price list window always shows at the right of the main window, like on my screencopy. I tested it with several GUI scale, it's always on the right...
Please be sure that you are using last factorio 0.14.9 version and last BlackMarket_1.0.30 . There was a recent GUI correction in factorio about window positions.
You can also see the new scroolbar I added in the items list.
bug-market-display.jpg
bug-market-display.jpg (345.04 KiB) Viewed 6347 times
edit: OH... and when items are purchased... how are those done? Does it wait until it can do the whole purchase, or will it do a little at a time as you have monies for it? and if a little at a time, and I have 3 things set to buy, will it be proportional? If I have a buy set up that is larger than the contents of the chest, how is that handled? (just started using your mod, and still figuring out the quirks. :) )
First it sells the whole content of selling chests.
Then it purchased what can be purchased depending on money left and room left in chest.

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

Are you using any other mods? Perhaps that is the reason mine are showing below, while yours is on the right, as with the mods I have loaded, they have icons to the right of yours.

My Factorio is indeed 0.14.9, and I was using the x.30 copy of your mod for that screenshot.

-- Smoov

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

No, I made a test with no other mods than BlackMarket, and it's ok for me.
That's the way factorio is supposed to deal with these windows : displaying them from left to right. That's the same behaviour with other mods I develop. I never met this top-bottom display before... (I have no control on that : it's factorio that deals with these window positions).
Are you sure you are not using other mods ? You should try with BM only and see...
By the way, I am under win 7 x64, what about you ?

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

binbinhfr wrote:No, I made a test with no other mods than BlackMarket, and it's ok for me.
That's the way factorio is supposed to deal with these windows : displaying them from left to right. That's the same behaviour with other mods I develop. I never met this top-bottom display before... (I have no control on that : it's factorio that deals with these window positions).
Are you sure you are not using other mods ? You should try with BM only and see...
By the way, I am under win 7 x64, what about you ?
Oh, I am definitely using other mods, 189 of them. That's why I asked about what mods you had, and if that could be why Factorio is trying to stack them.

For instance, as EvoGUI needs more space during the game, icons from other mods get pushed over to the right as EvoGUI is taking more space for itself, and perhaps the windows for your mod are being stacked for me, when Factorio thinks there isn't enough room for your mod, due to the other mods to the right of yours.

I'm making guesses based on observation, here, as I haven't dug into the modding code yet... (plan on making a couple of my own soon), but it makes logical sense to me.

I also noticed in my screenshot, that your windows begin, below the icon that belongs to YARM, for me to open and close the list of ore deposits. I haven't researched that yet, so have no ore patches marked, but since your windows aren't overlapping it, I suspect that if I open that list when it has items to show, it will push your windows further down as well.

Are there other placement options supported by the API, that we could be able to set in config.lua?

I am also using Win7x64.

-- Smoov
Last edited by Smoovious on Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

numerials
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

MK2

Post by numerials »

A "Search this post" of "MK" or "MK2" yields no results, and the instructions on the page don't show info on this, and the in-game description when hovering over the research never explained this, so here I ask on the forum:

What is the difference between regular buy sell chest, and MK2 or 3 or 4 or all the others chests? I can't seem to figure this out or find info anywhere of WHY I would be motivated to upgrade. Does it yeild better rates? Does it have expanded capacity? *shrug* anyway I'll keep my eyes peeled here. Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks!

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: MK2

Post by Smoovious »

numerials wrote:A "Search this post" of "MK" or "MK2" yields no results, and the instructions on the page don't show info on this, and the in-game description when hovering over the research never explained this, so here I ask on the forum:

What is the difference between regular buy sell chest, and MK2 or 3 or 4 or all the others chests? I can't seem to figure this out or find info anywhere of WHY I would be motivated to upgrade. Does it yeild better rates? Does it have expanded capacity? *shrug* anyway I'll keep my eyes peeled here. Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks!
The sizes... higher inventory capacity...

I don't know of any other differences.

-- Smoov

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Smoovious, My guess is you have https://mods.factorio.com/mods/3maven/E ... Combinator installed

Known issues:
+ Changes the left side of the screen to stack vertically rather than horizontally, which may interfere with other mods.

Why a mod author would want to do something like that in the first place is beyond me......

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

Nexela wrote:Smoovious, My guess is you have https://mods.factorio.com/mods/3maven/E ... Combinator installed

Known issues:
+ Changes the left side of the screen to stack vertically rather than horizontally, which may interfere with other mods.

Why a mod author would want to do something like that in the first place is beyond me......
You are correct, I do have that mod installed... and I agree.

Looking over that mod, it isn't all that important to me, so going to rip that one out.

Thanks for pointing out that conflict. :)

-- Smoov

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MK2

Post by binbinhfr »

Smoovious wrote:The sizes... higher inventory capacity...
I don't know of any other differences.
Yes, I confirm that the sizes are changing (chest inventory size, tank size, accu energy size). Nothing else.

And so we found out this window orientation conflict ! Nice to know that it's not a problem coming from my mod, because I had no idea how to solve it ;-)

Return to “Mods”