[MOD 0.17] HandyHands - Autocrafting - v1.2.2 ammo & pause

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] HandyHands - Autocrafting - v1.2.2 ammo & pause

Post by Nexela »

Feature request remote call to insert an item into the queue to be built next but only if handy hands isn't paused

remote.call("handyhands", "insert", "item-name") -- return true if inserter, false if not just because :)

function
if not handyhands paused then craft

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Also - possible ideas for performance improvements

Handle everything in on_player_x_inventory_changed events.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Nexela wrote:Feature request remote call to insert an item into the queue to be built next but only if handy hands isn't paused

remote.call("handyhands", "insert", "item-name") -- return true if inserter, false if not just because :)

function
if not handyhands paused then craft
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for here. If you want an item to be built after the current one then why not just add it to the crafting queue directly? That's what it is for. And HandyHands is already pretty good at prioritising the order.
Nexela wrote:Also - possible ideas for performance improvements
Handle everything in on_player_x_inventory_changed events.
I'll look into that event and others, like the craft completed event. That would also be really good. Didn't know there was a inventory event though, that will help a lot. I also want to look into what made it slow in the first place, it barely took any processing time in v1.0.0 which is one of the reasons why it uses on_tick event. Thanks.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for here. If you want an item to be built after the current one then why not just add it to the crafting queue directly? That's what it is for. And HandyHands is already pretty good at prioritising the order.
Well I want to auto craft something in a mod but only if handyhands autocraft isn't paused. The easiest way would be for either handyhands to have an insert call or a is_paused call I could check

Use case using the picker mod (a modified version) when I pick something that I don't have any of I get a message saying what a lazy bastard I am for not having that item in my inventory. Well if I have handyhands installed and its not paused I want to autocraft the item. Sure I could just add it into the queue myself but then I would have to do a config for the people that wouldn't want that feature and where is the fun in that. If they have handy hands and it isn't paused I can assume that they won't mind building it (if they have the mats of course)

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Code: Select all

v1.4.0
-------------------------------

* Some performance impovements
* added 'paused' to the remote interface to s/get paused state for players
I'm not at my main computer yet so this version has gotten limited testing and the performance improvements have only begun with the low hanging fruit. So uploading it here in this post instead of mod portal for a while in case bugs were introduced q:
The remote API is alpha. I don't want to be backwards compatible and do thorough testing of it unless someone is using it in a mod.
Attachments
HandyHands_1.4.0.zip
(17.86 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

Phantom329
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Phantom329 »

Hey I'm running a Linux headless server and I got a crash when I tried to join with no one else online.

14587.241 Error MainLoop.cpp:698: Exception at tick 6213515: Error while running event on_tick (ID 0)
No crafting queue.
stack traceback:
        __HandyHands__/control.lua:56: in function <__HandyHands__/control.lua:46>
14587.241 Error MultiplayerManager.cpp:129: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event on_tick (ID 0)
No crafting queue.
stack traceback:
        __HandyHands__/control.lua:56: in function <__HandyHands__/control.lua:46>"
14587.241 Info MultiplayerManager.cpp:1000: networkTick(873489) mapTick(6213515) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)
I just updated to version 1.2.4 from 1.2.3
I will try to figure out what is happening but any help is appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: looks like an isolated event, can't reproduce. Although, it may have happened because right before I updated, I crashed the game by dying and have now spawned back in with the respawn counter. If that's the case, shouldn't be much of a problem...

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Thanks for @paused! I can finally have picker build for me :)

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Qon wrote:

Version     Game Version    Release Date	Downloads
1.3.0        0.14            4 hours ago	32
1.2.4        0.13            4 hours ago	16
4 hours later. Making a 0.14 release was a good idea, twice as many downloads of that version.
After 2 weeks the version for Factorio 0.13 has more downloads.

Version     Game Version    Release Date	Downloads
1.3.0        0.14            2 weeks ago	549
1.2.4        0.13            2 weeks ago	594
But I expect more and more people will move over to 0.14 in the future. It will probably be the new stable in a fairly short while since it's really mostly the new multiplayer code that needs testing so the amount that broke should be limited the changes Factorio 0.14 introduced.
Nexela wrote:Thanks for @paused! I can finally have picker build for me :)
No problem. ;)

I uploaded 1.4.0 for Factorio 0.14 to the mod portal. First round of performance updates.

Marc90
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Marc90 »

Wow, I can actually use handy hands again thanks to the performance improvements!

Is the new version still compatible with 0.13? I just changed the version number in info.json and until now it works fine.

I can't switch to 0.14 since some of the mods I'm using aren't updated yet.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Marc90 wrote:Wow, I can actually use handy hands again thanks to the performance improvements!

Is the new version still compatible with 0.13? I just changed the version number in info.json and until now it works fine.
Glad it works well for you!

Yes, changing the factorio version in info.json should work without any problems. I haven't used any new api features yet.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Feature Requests:

All selection-area tools default at 0 and can only be increased by manually holding the item and increasing.
Some that come to mind are blueprints, books, deconstruction, upgrade planner

Some additional items to be blacklisted
yarm

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Nexela wrote:Feature Requests:

All selection-area tools default at 0 and can only be increased by manually holding the item and increasing.
Some that come to mind are blueprints, books, deconstruction, upgrade planner

Some additional items to be blacklisted
yarm
If I can get which items are selection tools from data.raw or something then I guess I can do that for all selection tool items easily. The question is if I should add those items to the players stack amount settings on a settings reset (so those are visible as settings when changing default) or if those items should use a hidden default value of 0 (that is not changed by changing the 'Default' value). Most people are probably going to be a bit surprised when their selection tools are autocrafted and 0 or 1 is a sensible default value. But if it's a hidden setting you don't have to see it among your personal settings which can be both good and bad. If you are looking for the settings you've set yourself then having a list of defaults there among your personal data can be annoying.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

type is available from the item_prototype,
type == selection-tool

Yarm would have to handled manually

My vote is for hidden count. Usually if these are put on the quick bar it is just for quick access, and they are fast to make if an extra is needed.

pkremel86
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pkremel86 »

Hey guys.

I have no idea what I do wrong, but I can't get this mode to work.

I set some items for autocraft but it does nothing. It crafts only ammo. No other items is autocrafted.

Do you have any tips how to fix this? Do I use wrong version or something? Thank you

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

pkremel86 wrote:Hey guys.

I have no idea what I do wrong, but I can't get this mode to work.

I set some items for autocraft but it does nothing. It crafts only ammo. No other items is autocrafted.

Do you have any tips how to fix this? Do I use wrong version or something? Thank you
You need to filter items on the quickbar for HH to know that you want that item autocrafted. When an item is filtered the background becomes light blue. Middle click (scroll wheel/mouse3) the quickbar slots to set filters. It's not enough to just have some items on the quikcbar.

Since ammo is crafted the mod is not paused and your settings are probably not the problem either. But anyways, the settings are changed with I & K (default) and a description of how that works in more detail is @ the mod portal page.

Oritemis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Oritemis »

Would you please update this awesome mod to 0.15?

Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Arumba »

HandyHands_1.4.0.zip
(17.77 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Here is a quick fix, tested in freeplay and the normal scenario. Seems to port over just fine. Waiting for the author to update it on the portal.
I kept the version number 1.4.0 so that the game will auto-update and avoid any mis-match errors if the author releases a new version.
Last edited by Arumba on Tue May 02, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oritemis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Oritemis »

That moment when Arumba fix the mod that you asked for

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

v1.5.0
-------------------------------

* Updated "factorio_version" to 0.15
* Changed default hotkeys to U & J instead of I & K since factorio 0.15 uses K for something else.
Time to autohandcraft reactors!

Thank you for loving and supporting my work :D

I've been away from factorio since about when 0.14 was released so not much has happened for a while. That might change though since I want to complete my big factory with the new uranium stuff. Hope I didn't break my mod though, been away from it for so long now. Works on my machine.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

What I'd really like is a variant of this mod, that isn't based on the Tool Belt, but instead auto-crafts certain Intermediate items whenever they fall below a certain threshold value. Say, 100 Electric Circuits, 100 Pipe, 200 Gear Wheel, and nothing else.

Especially for the early game. Even in the first phase of the mid game, I have machines set up to make those for me. But early game, I'm struggling with getting my Burner Mines+Smelters set up as quickly as possible, and so I tend to forget to start crafting spare Intermediates, as soon as I have enough mats to make them.

A variant of this mod, one based on Inventory Target Values, rather than on the Tool Belt and locked slots, would be super nice. Especially one that can be disabled with a keypress when it is no longer needed.

I realize that I can still do that with this mod, by sacricifigin precious Tool Belt slots (early game, when I only have ten!) on Electric Circuits and on Gear Wheels (two stacks of the later!). It's just...

Return to “Mods”