[MOD 0.14-1.0]Helmod: Assistant to plan its base.

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[MOD 0.14-1.0]Helmod: Assistant to plan its base.

Post by Helfima »

Helmod: Assistant to plan its base.
Assistant to plan its base. calculates the needs, resources, factories, beacon or electric power.

tutorial en francais: https://youtu.be/zrdLD2QOA0w

@see MOD and description: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Helfima/helmod
@see for help: click on help icon

@issues: https://github.com/Helfima/helmod/issues

the last version is build for 0.15.x
production line
production block
recipe selector
recipe edition
summary
resources
pinned block
options

Sample for balancing oil
See the number in the screen
1) you must use Product field in recipe edition and set production ratio
-ligth oil = 0.4
-Heavy oil = 0.17
-Refined = 1
2) the light oil recipe produce 40% of required gas
the Heavy oil recipe produce 17% of required ligth oil
the refine recipe produce 100% of required Heavy oil
3) the production of refine is consumed for the rest
4) when the are few products in a recipe my mod always balances the recipe
balancing oil
Last edited by Helfima on Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:38 am, edited 12 times in total.

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.8+]Helmod: Assistant to plan its base.

Post by Helfima »

Version 0.2.0 commited and wiki updated with the change

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

arf i had removed icon file
i have commited quick fix version 0.2.1

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

From the mod portal post:

In addition to the config option defaulting to off also do something like this so that even if the speed portion is enabled if time-tools is present it will be hidden

Code: Select all

in function PlayerController.methods:init()

--Don't create time controls if TimeTools mod is installed.
       --Clutterfree GUI
       if game and not game.active_mods["TimeTools"] then
               self.controllers["speed-controller"] = SpeedController:new(self)
       end
Also would love a 32x32 icon for the gui.top part instead of the text button

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

russian locale
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

@apriori: locale added for v0.14 i mean our source file is not full and check the file https://github.com/Helfima/helmod

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Most locale entries for UI can be found in "Factorio\data\core\locale\".
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

It is not false :D
but now I do not think adding more translation, you made me a base and the last few I made by myself and another personne on github i have help me
thank

i have update the first message

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.8+|0.14.x]Helmod: Assistant to plan its base.

Post by Jupiter »

Hej Helfima,

I love your mod. I am planning out my first base with it and I thought of some suggestions.
It would be handy if you would show how many belts (user picks which kind) I need to transport all my good around. With your mod I calculated that I need 9.5k of green circuits per min but then I had to go to the factorio wiki and look up the capacity of a blue belt to calculate how many belts that is.
Maybe you can show similar numbers regarding bots. Like the number of jobs generated per time or so.

The number of factories a single beacon reaches in a production block is kind of useless right now. This is because the resulting number of beacon never actually matches what you will need in practice.
For example. If a have a single row of assemblers next to a row of beacons, then every factory is reached by 4 beacons and every beacon reaches 4 assemblers but you still have as many beacons as you have assemblers. Of course the ends of the line are different but that's okay.
You can even say that every assembler will be reached by, say, 8 beacons but if you need just a little bit of production the mod actually predicts you will need less than 8 beacons. I understand why this happens but it isn't useful and just weird.

Oil derivatives are a bit awkward right now because refining has multiple outputs and there are 2 different recipes for LO and gas (refining and cracking). This pattern doesn't really fit the system you've built so maybe you can treat oil derivatives as a special case and handle them differently in the UI so users can specify that gas will come partly from refining AND from cracking the LO by-product. And LO will come partly from refining and from cracking HO which also comes from that same refining process. Or maybe you can give the user a choice as to whether they want to crack the by products or not.
You could pack all this stuff in a special kind of product block I think.

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

@Jupiter

1) Transport by belt, robot, train, we have lot of container, perhaps is better to add a new tab for that

2) For the ratio factory/beacon is important for the power calculation and the combo is even more important, it's for ingredients calculation
for me i have factory/beacon = [1.1,1.3] perhaps for other template is 1

3) for oil, i have try few solutions but i have use a new property, Production property is the ratio of ingredients consumption and it can use for other

i know is not perfect but you can estimate the necessary

see this sample
Light oil cracking to petroleum gas
Heavy oil cracking to light oil
Advanced oil processing

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

Helfima wrote:@Jupiter

1) Transport by belt, robot, train, we have lot of container, perhaps is better to add a new tab for that
would love that
2) For the ratio factory/beacon is important for the power calculation and the combo is even more important, it's for ingredients calculation
for me i have factory/beacon = [1.1,1.3] perhaps for other template is 1
First of all, I don't think we were talking about the same number. Because I thought that this number is the number of factories that each beacon can reach (perhaps on average), not the actual ratio of factories per beacon per ce. But it seems you meant the latter (which makes more sense actually). If that's the case then this works actually very well if you assume that the player designs his product build designs to be tileable (which I do). The player puts in the data about his blueprints (by supplying this ratio) and you tell him how many times he needs to stamp it.
Things are clicking in my mind :)
3) for oil, i have try few solutions but i have use a new property, Production property is the ratio of ingredients consumption and it can use for other

i know is not perfect but you can estimate the necessary

see this sample
Light oil cracking to petroleum gas
Heavy oil cracking to light oil
Advanced oil processing
Ah, I was actually wondering what that production number was for. But now I know. That is actually quit a nice solution even though it needs a little bit more thinking on the users side (for figuring out this percentage).
Is it also possible to specify that the remaining LO or gas will be used for solid fuel (and rocket fuel subsequently)? I ask because I noticed in your example that you would have some left-over LO which I assumed you would be using for solid fuel. You also had some left over gas which you've might used for acid.

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

i have put a new version for 0.13 and 0.14

I have change the number of element, now is before icon
I have change the recipe edition
I have added the rest of products
and other
now we can see percent production in the list

Mechanical
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mechanical »

I'm currently using version 0.2.13 of Helmod with version 0.14.10 of Factorio.

What does the number for product represent?

When I want to input an amount for a final product, for instance Science Pack 3, I want it to produce 1 per second. I'm using Assembler 2s, and input an amount of 15 to achieve this. The results is it recommends I build 4 Assembler 2s. In order to get it to recommend 15 Assembler 2s, I must input a the number 53.

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

I have push new version

Add 1s base time
Add scroll on recipe selector panel
Moved main panel in center gui
Mechanical wrote:I'm currently using version 0.2.13 of Helmod with version 0.14.10 of Factorio.

What does the number for product represent?

When I want to input an amount for a final product, for instance Science Pack 3, I want it to produce 1 per second. I'm using Assembler 2s, and input an amount of 15 to achieve this. The results is it recommends I build 4 Assembler 2s. In order to get it to recommend 15 Assembler 2s, I must input a the number 53.
if u have few same productions with different recipes, the fisrt recipe produce for all ingredients and the next produce 0.
if u set for the first recipe Production = 0.5, the second recipe produce for the reste ect...
in recipe edition u can change machine, click on icon
new i have add 1s base time
Science Pack 3

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

I have a problem. The newest version is borked. The window is 'moved' to the side so much that I cannot move the mouse to close it by clicking on its close button.

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

Tomik wrote:I have a problem. The newest version is borked. The window is 'moved' to the side so much that I cannot move the mouse to close it by clicking on its close button.
normaly the top button close window
could you give me your display size? if it's under 1600*900 u can i have a problem, with screen shot is better
but u can change display % in game options

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Helfima wrote:
Tomik wrote:I have a problem. The newest version is borked. The window is 'moved' to the side so much that I cannot move the mouse to close it by clicking on its close button.
normaly the top button close window
could you give me your display size? if it's under 1600*900 u can i have a problem, with screen shot is better
but u can change display % in game options
The problem happens if you have UI scale set above 100% in the graphics setting. I have a 1920×1080 BENQ display.

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

Holy Sh***, Sir your mod is severely under-rated!! It's purely awesome!! Thank you very much for integrating all my printed excel tables and my calc into the actual game.

Kamikatze
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kamikatze »

Hi,

first of all: great mod! (the first tool i found, that supports productivity module calculations)
second: it doesn't allow me to put productivity modules in mining drills even though it is possible

Edit: I'm using the Advanced Drills mod and i can select the new drills, but it doesn't change the properties automatically.

Also there is no field to enter the Mining Power which affects the time it takes to mine something:

(Mining power - Mining hardness) * Mining speed / Mining time = Production rate (in resource/sec)

Mining time / ((Mining power - Mining hardness) * Mining speed) = Seconds for one resource item

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

As I stated earlier, your mod is awesome! After excessively using the mod to plan, I encountered a behavior I can't approve and would kindly ask you to fix. Please refer to the picture below for annotations in brackets.

The calculation of the oil stuff doesn't take in account the surplus of it's intermediate steps(arrows + question mark). Further testing is required to see if this is the case for other intermediate products, too.

Although I at least tried to put it in the right order,
  • The surplus light oil (1a) from the initial advanced oil processing is not used in the step for light oil->gas (1b).
  • The same goes for (2) respectively. Only the products of the step before are taken into account for calculation of the current step. (see 3 and 4).
  • The calculation is right, but there are still 31 light oil (see 1a) left to be converted to gas by the concerning step (arrow pointing left).
  • Also there are 35 gas (2) and 31 light oil (1) left for converting to batteries. This would lower the requirement for Refineries (arrow pointing right) significantly.
Maybe you are willing to fix this, maybe not.
Either way it's not on me to tell you how to implement this but I can tell you what my approach would be: An if-case to check if the *output* items can be reused again in any step starting from the bottom until every item in the *output* is not used in any intermediate step.

Thanks for reading!
Kind regards, Gecko
Illustrating Picture

Return to “Mods”