[MOD 0.13] AutoPvP - automated PvP map and forces

Topics and discussion about specific mods
DXWarlock
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] AutoPvP - automated PvP map and forces

Post by DXWarlock »

Thanks for all the troubleshooting, with me trying to make them play nice when they arent meant to :). I think Im just trying to do things with them that neither was made to do by mixing features of one, with features of the other.

- Did you update both mods to last version under last factorio 0.14 ?
Yes, both are updated to newest version and 14.2 for factorio

- Try to run with only both mods (to avoid conflicts with other third party mods)
Tried it with the others off after it happened. Only other mod is plantable trees, on or off it didnt matter.

- Do you run on a totally new map ?
Sadly wasnt a new map, my players are 40+ hour into this one they would kill me to start it over.

- don't you change anything with spacebook forces and options until the Autopvp process is done for all players ?
No I dont touch any of the teams options unless someone thats already in as an actual player wants to team up with someone else.

I don't want to integrate autopvp in spacebook, it will be too much work. They should work together now, I do not see any problem, because now SpaceBook does not change any force at startup, so it should not interact with AutoPvp.

Could you also test AutoPvp alone, without SB paceBook, to see if it goes correctly thru the whole init process (until players accept their zones) ?
I could test that, but not sure if we could use it stand alone, as merging teams, setting friend/enemy, etc that spacebook gui gives us is needed for the long term usage

It will be hard for me to use your server for testings as I have to change code in realtime. But I can do some testings in local here. It's just a bit hard, because on the same machine I have to run 1 server and 2/3 clients.
Oh I meant give you full access to the box, as in its yours. teamviewer/remote desktop/whatever right into the desktop like you was sitting at it.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Sadly wasnt a new map, my players are 40+ hour into this one they would kill me to start it over.

do not look further : that is the problem.
AutoPvp is not designed to be added afterwards. It must be run on a new map since the beginning, so that it correctly initialize itself. This zones generation process is heavy because it interacts with Factorio map generation, so it cannot be runned afterwards without problems.
And so, you were not able to fully test my new "peace mode".
So all I can say is : you can use SB on your existing map, but I not recommand using AutoPvp on such a map, because it will be lost on such an existing map... :cry:
Try it on next new map...
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Other solution for the moment (not using autopvp) :
if you are looking for initial ore generation, you could use my miningtools dynamites to create ore patches in specific zones....

I will think about adding free "resources" tools in SB, to manually create free ore patches, deforest some zones, kill aliens in some zones, etc...

DXWarlock
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DXWarlock »

Oh it was a new map overall when we put them both in initially (we started a new map about 2 weeks ago with both in when it was generated).
But it wasn't a new fresh map since you made the changes the other day, thought you meant was it a new map since the change you made for it.

Will try it on a fresh map next restart with the updated versions and see how it is. Our playerbase now is pretty stable, not many new people wander into a game so far along in playtime so not that huge a deal at the moment.
Dont want to hassle you to re-write a mod to do something outside what it was actually meant to do for us. :D

DXWarlock
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DXWarlock »

binbinhfr wrote:I will think about adding free "resources" tools in SB, to manually create free ore patches, deforest some zones, kill aliens in some zones, etc...
That would be great, thats all I use AutoPvP for anyway. SO really Im ignoring 95% of what the mod does, just for the way it starts people out.
If not might be time for me to poke around in modding and get off my butt to try to make what I need, instead of making you reinvent you mod to fit one server. I do appreciate the consideration to perhaps add it though.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

DXWarlock wrote:
binbinhfr wrote:I will think about adding free "resources" tools in SB, to manually create free ore patches, deforest some zones, kill aliens in some zones, etc...
That would be great, thats all I use AutoPvP for anyway. SO really Im ignoring 95% of what the mod does, just for the way it starts people out.
If not might be time for me to poke around in modding and get off my butt to try to make what I need, instead of making you reinvent you mod to fit one server. I do appreciate the consideration to perhaps add it though.
If you are using RSO I added experimental feature of multiple start areas - you can grab 2.2.0 and simply generate new starting area at location of your choice. It will spawn new set of starting ores and clean the area from current ores and biters.

DXWarlock
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DXWarlock »

orzelek wrote: If you are using RSO I added experimental feature of multiple start areas - you can grab 2.2.0 and simply generate new starting area at location of your choice. It will spawn new set of starting ores and clean the area from current ores and biters.
Ill give that a try too :)
Thanks for the heads up.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

DXWarlock wrote:
I do appreciate the consideration to perhaps add it though.
Please let's continue discussion on SpaceBook here : viewtopic.php?f=92&t=25680&p=203412#p203412

Kingoftime
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kingoftime »

I am playing in a rebirth PvP game and i have died without realizing what was happening so i was moved to the neutral team. Is there a way to move me back to another team by changing a file setting or a command?

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Kingoftime wrote:I am playing in a rebirth PvP game and i have died without realizing what was happening so i was moved to the neutral team. Is there a way to move me back to another team by changing a file setting or a command?
if you know the EXACT name of the team, you can change your team with a command (if you are admin, or someone else can use this) like so:

/c game.players["<insert your name here>"].force = game.forces["<insert exact force name here>"]

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

Hey is it possible to use this with "infinite" lives? like a pvp multiplayer server? like when you die you just gotta start 100% over in a new place?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

tno1 wrote:Hey is it possible to use this with "infinite" lives? like a pvp multiplayer server? like when you die you just gotta start 100% over in a new place?
When you die, you always ressurect...
but the first time you die (without rebirth), you lose the game :-) (unless you play in "peace mode", but it's not PVP).
If you want to ressurect without losing the game, you can use the "rebirth mode" and create Rebirth centers, with enough "souls" to garanty your "non-losing-game" resurection.

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

binbinhfr wrote:
tno1 wrote:Hey is it possible to use this with "infinite" lives? like a pvp multiplayer server? like when you die you just gotta start 100% over in a new place?
When you die, you always ressurect...
but the first time you die (without rebirth), you lose the game :-) (unless you play in "peace mode", but it's not PVP).
If you want to ressurect without losing the game, you can use the "rebirth mode" and create Rebirth centers, with enough "souls" to garanty your "non-losing-game" resurection.
What I mean is that when you die, you lose the spot & team your on, so you gotta respawn like you did when you first joined the game - for the first time

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

tno1 wrote:What I mean is that when you die, you lose the spot & team your on, so you gotta respawn like you did when you first joined the game - for the first time
If we do so, there won't be any ending to the game, so there won't be any final winner...

saqib126
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by saqib126 »

Is some way to (massively) reduce the amount of ores around the starting zones? I`m playing with rso and with the massive amount of ores most of the starting area is filled with ores and they can be converted to every ore you need.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

saqib126 wrote:Is some way to (massively) reduce the amount of ores around the starting zones? I`m playing with rso and with the massive amount of ores most of the starting area is filled with ores and they can be converted to every ore you need.
You can edit the config.lua file and reduce ore values :

Code: Select all

ore_radius_min = 10 -- average radius of an ore zone
ore_radius_max = 15 
ore_amount_min = 750 -- average amount of an ore field
ore_amount_max = 1250
fluid_yield_min = 150 -- average yield in %
fluid_yield_max = 300

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

Thank you for this great mod.

Could you please change the starting of each player using the resource settings (for example low resoureces).
And adjust to bob's, angel infinite ores and rso?

Else you will have a huge carpet of resources at start, which will make game not beeing fun.
Last edited by Sacredd on Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

You could use the multiple start location support in RSO to make it generate consistent starting locations.
It works with all the resources so only thing that might be missing is water. It will also use game map settings for all the starting resources.

One drawback of it is that you should collect all the players, set starting locations and then trigger regen of resources on whole map to take new starting locations into account. It will work without this step but resources might look strangely on borders of starting areas.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

orzelek wrote:One drawback of it is that you should collect all the players, set starting locations and then trigger regen of resources on whole map to take new starting locations into account. It will work without this step but resources might look strangely on borders of starting areas.
Yes I already thought about it when I wrote this mod, but I found it to complex to code.
And by the way, some people are using this mod on the fly : they start playing at 2 players, and then a third one can come later. It would be possible with a total map resource regen...

Yehn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yehn »

Does this mod give players a way to join existing forces? Spacebook is overkill for what I want to do and I want it to be automated, but I also don't want every player to be FFA (unless they want to be..)

Return to “Mods”