[MOD 0.13] AutoPvP - automated PvP map and forces

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Grimshad
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] AutoPvP - automated PvP map and forces

Post by Grimshad »

binbinhfr wrote:

ok for me. Please post the change and I will update the mod. Did you test it without angel mod installed ? because not every player is using this angel mod.
Yes, I tested it with and without angels mods and it works. If angels mods are installed it detects and generates starting resources from angels mods, if not it uses the current existing generation method.

Please note: The mod author will be integrating this into the mod, but until then.
Here is a link to my modified version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6eq3dc4cw ... 1.0.15.zip

User notes: There are 2 config changes included.
1. RSO enemy generation places enemies too close to the spawn areas, so I've changed enemy clear radius to 500

2. RSO also generates ores and infinite ores too close because it doesn't understand that there are multiple starting locations so I've added a config option to control resource clear distance manually, default is 1000 ( I may change it so that you can let normal ores spawn closer and only push back infinite ores by a distance at a later time)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

mod updated on portal with Grimshad angel ores integration.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Grimshad wrote:
binbinhfr wrote:

ok for me. Please post the change and I will update the mod. Did you test it without angel mod installed ? because not every player is using this angel mod.
Yes, I tested it with and without angels mods and it works. If angels mods are installed it detects and generates starting resources from angels mods, if not it uses the current existing generation method.

Please note: The mod author will be integrating this into the mod, but until then.
Here is a link to my modified version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6eq3dc4cw ... 1.0.15.zip

User notes: There are 2 config changes included.
1. RSO enemy generation places enemies too close to the spawn areas, so I've changed enemy clear radius to 500

2. RSO also generates ores and infinite ores too close because it doesn't understand that there are multiple starting locations so I've added a config option to control resource clear distance manually, default is 1000 ( I may change it so that you can let normal ores spawn closer and only push back infinite ores by a distance at a later time)
RSO actually does both of those things properly if you use it's features to have multiple starting locations.
I'm not sure if they are used by anyone and bug free since I haven't had any comments about them. I did some testing there but nothing else... I think.
Instructions on how to use them are here under a spoiler:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=12709
(Should be up to date)

Grimshad
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Grimshad »

orzelek wrote: RSO actually does both of those things properly if you use it's features to have multiple starting locations.
I'm not sure if they are used by anyone and bug free since I haven't had any comments about them. I did some testing there but nothing else... I think.
Instructions on how to use them are here under a spoiler:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=12709
(Should be up to date)
I was unaware of this. Thanks for the information!

After a quick skim it looks like it would need to be called from autopvp. I don't have time right now so i didn't read it all so i could be wrong, I don't have the time to implement this at this time and the author is no longer updating the mod themselves. So unless someone else picks it up then i'll do it when i have time.

Davv
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Davv »

Long time since I'm returning to this forum...
I found small problem.

Only Rebirth Centre(Light) does have resistances.
I'm currently and Medium RC so I can't test if all RCs doesn't have resistances, but I'm pretty sure Medium doesn't...

Screens for proof:

Light: http://prntscr.com/gyykl0

Medium: http://prntscr.com/gyybz6
Factorio translator(EN<->PL)
Factorio mods translator(EN<->PL)
Wiki translator(EN<->PL) - waiting for approval
Wiki contributor(EN, PL) - waiting for approval

Do you want your mod to be translated? Request it there: Click!

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Davv wrote:Long time since I'm returning to this forum...
I found small problem.

Only Rebirth Centre(Light) does have resistances.
I'm currently and Medium RC so I can't test if all RCs doesn't have resistances, but I'm pretty sure Medium doesn't...

Screens for proof:

Light: http://prntscr.com/gyykl0

Medium: http://prntscr.com/gyybz6
very strange : i tested it on my side, creating rebirth centers of 4 levels, and none has some resistance, which is logical, because I build them from the copy of the same object, just changing their health.

So I have no idea why yours has some resistances...
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Davv
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Davv »

If you need save, or anything related to that, just ask and I'll give you anything to help with that. ;)

EDIT: And by the way, resistances would be good, maybe not as big as 0/90%, but some could help us, with higher level of RC = higher resistances, because 2K hp is not much imho in PvP.

Spiritwind
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Spiritwind »

Hey binbinhfr,
I was wondering if I could have your permission to edit this mod to fit moreso towards a long term dedicated PvP server? I would of course make it available to the public, give you permission to use anything I would add to the branch, and also give you full credit for the original work and base code (and supply a link to your original mod).

Thank you very much, this mod looks awesome!

Davv
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Davv »

Spiritwind wrote:Hey binbinhfr,
I was wondering if I could have your permission to edit this mod to fit moreso towards a long term dedicated PvP server? I would of course make it available to the public, give you permission to use anything I would add to the branch, and also give you full credit for the original work and base code (and supply a link to your original mod).

Thank you very much, this mod looks awesome!
Hey, can you include few suggestions from me?
Players sometimes spawn too close to other player's bases, and in late-game, it's just hard to not be overlapped by "bigger, better" players, when starting from brand new.
Also, would there be possibility to mark ranges of turrets, or do anything so new players would be more aware of what surrounds them?
And, last one: giving neutral to players, who died, is not good idea IMHO, because they can grief alot, and turrets won't do anything about them, which would be is very bad idea(revenge griefing?).

nuclearnix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nuclearnix »

Hey,

So when launched my server with your mod and pressed peace mode my server crashed.

thanks
-----

NN

edit: i can now give the log of the error:
356.947 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:755: mapTick(5179566) received stateChanged peerID(1) oldState(WaitingForCommandToStartSendingTickClosures) newState(InGame)
377.405 Error MainLoop.cpp:940: Exception at tick 5180786: Error while running event AutoPvPtop::on_gui_click (ID 1)
User isn't connected; can't read character
stack traceback:
__AutoPvPtop__/control.lua:599: in function 'join_player'
__AutoPvPtop__/control.lua:586: in function 'clean_asks_goal_then_joins'
__AutoPvPtop__/control.lua:462: in function <__AutoPvPtop__/control.lua:420>
377.406 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:94: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event AutoPvPtop::on_gui_click (ID 1)
User isn't connected; can't read character
stack traceback:
__AutoPvPtop__/control.lua:599: in function 'join_player'
__AutoPvPtop__/control.lua:586: in function 'clean_asks_goal_then_joins'
__AutoPvPtop__/control.lua:462: in function <__AutoPvPtop__/control.lua:420>"
377.406 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:671: mapTick(5180786) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)
377.543 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:140: Quitting multiplayer connection.
377.543 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:671: mapTick(-1) changing state from(Failed) to(Closed)
377.544 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:44: Downloading https://multiplayer.factorio.com/remove-game/570099
377.598 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:111: Status code: 200
377.598 Info UDPSocket.cpp:206: Closing socket
377.598 Info UDPSocket.cpp:236: Socket closed
377.598 Info UDPSocket.cpp:206: Closing socket
377.808 Info UDPSocket.cpp:206: Closing socket
377.808 Info UDPSocket.cpp:236: Socket closed
377.808 Goodbye
i received this same error trying both autopvp then autopvptop separately.

Stevepunk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stevepunk »

Will your turrets, flamethrowers, artillery, etc fire on the other teams?

Can you join other teams for 2v2, 2v2v2, 3v3, etc?

Return to “Mods”