[MOD 0.12.x] Flatland (0.12.0)

Post by y.petremann »

Latest Release: v0.12.0 (Apr 6 2016)
Factorio Version: 0.12.x
Tags: Utility
License: MIT License
Download
Description
For bugs and suggestions please go here!
Last edited by y.petremann on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:54 am, edited 9 times in total.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Flatland (0.12.0)

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

Is it only the decorative stuff? Or do you also remove forests/trees and such?

Also, what do you mean with 'concrete over water'?

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:Is it only the decorative stuff? Or do you also remove forests/trees and such?

Also, what do you mean with 'concrete over water' ?
This is decorative with usability, while with grass floor, you can keep a natural look without bothering about biomes; with concrete, you have an integrated grid
Also you can still build on grass near water, but most of the time, you don't see it, but with concrete, things are diferent and so you can easily see where to place stuff.

Some engineers needs to build their factory on infinite floor in sandbox mode, and so they don't want to build a tank only to destroy rocks, doodads are not important, also on those waterless worlds it seems to only have dead trees, Flatland remove everything that not important for gameplay and that can't be disabled with world generator settings.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

So I can start a world where the whole world has a concrete floor? (quicker walking and easier to see what you're building).

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:So I can start a world where the whole world has a concrete floor? (quicker walking and easier to see what you're building).
Yes you can, set water to starting area and starting area to none, then when ingame, select concrete and TADA ... the word will be all concrete.

If you want, you can also start a game with water and so you could have basic energy, your world would be all concrete and clean water

Nicker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nicker »

Can I use it somehow on my old save? What are the terms for that working? When I try to use it on my old save I recieve this error: https://gyazo.com/e2815d63e07bf14983db229f3e25a8d9

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Nicker wrote:Can I use it somehow on my old save? What are the terms for that working? When I try to use it on my old save I recieve this error: https://gyazo.com/e2815d63e07bf14983db229f3e25a8d9
At some point, you can't use it on old save, because it does it's trick by referencing chunks when generated, , on old save, cunks are already generated, if I remove this error, the mod could only apply to new chunks. It already fixed for me, but not pushed, L will looks for lightweight solutions to reference generated chunks.

Magnic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Magnic »

So... how does this even work? It doesn't look any different to me than normal and i cannot find any new settings.

Return to “Mods”