[MOD 0.12.x] Autofill

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Autofill

Post by Nexela »

Sinehmatic wrote: Wtf is the difference between
Off the top of my head. one resets the normal mode, and one resets to the lite mode. The original author added this in on request but I don't know if anyone uses it and it may not be around in the next version.
Sinehmatic wrote:What does any of that even mean? Where would I specify the specific amount of items I want to be loaded into the entity? Can I make a few different settings for one specific entity and switch between them on the fly? Or do you have to type it out every time? If none of this has been implemented yet, will it be added to the to do list?
It would have to be re typed every time.
The re-write will include profiles, and drag-drop type setup for rules.
Macros wrote:May I make a feature request? Please add a new function to the remote interface that returns all item arrays.
Something like this will be added when the re-write is complete

remote.call("af", "insertset", "", "car", {{"coal","raw-wood"}, "basic-bullet-magazine"})
af - the name of the remote call
insertset - the name of the function
"" - the player, if blank use the player that typed it in.
car - the entity the rule is for
{} - a table defining the rules and a pita to explain hence the re-write. basically it is a bunch of tables with optional parameters check out the files in the "settings" folder that have sets in the name for some examples

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Macros wrote:May I make a feature request? Please add a new function to the remote interface that returns all item arrays. Right now, there's just getItemArray, which requires multiple calls to get multiple arrays, and you have to know the names of each. With all of the new items added in recent versions, it becomes tedious to get each and every item array. Something as simple as this should suffice:

Code: Select all

getAllItemArrays = function()
  return table.deepcopy(global.item_arrays)
end
This would also preserve compatibility going forward, as new item arrays are added.
I quickly added this in for the next release (1.4.6) but I am 90% sure I broke global.item_arrays in a previous version so your mileage may vary until the release of 2.0.0 autofill

Sinehmatic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sinehmatic »

Sinehmatic wrote:
remote.call("af", "insertset", "", "car", {{"coal","raw-wood"}, "basic-bullet-magazine"})
What does any of that even mean? Where would I specify the specific amount of items I want to be loaded into the entity? Can I make a few different settings for one specific entity and switch between them on the fly? Or do you have to type it out every time? If none of this has been implemented yet, will it be added to the to do list?
Can I get an answer on this? How can I change the specific amount of items loaded into, say, turrets to a higher number? Can someone please explain how each part of that command works? I don't know this stuff and the default settings are too low for my liking.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Sinehmatic wrote:What does any of that even mean?
It is kind of hard to explain
Where would I specify the specific amount of items I want to be loaded into the entity?
You would have to define limits (see below)
Can I make a few different settings for one specific entity and switch between them on the fly? Or do you have to type it out every time?
Only one entry per entity. the command would have to be typed out every time you wanted to change it. However there is a hotkey to disable all limits
If none of this has been implemented yet, will it be added to the to do list?
Autofill 2.0 will feature a GUI for adding/changing sets. Not sure on the ETA though, my time is severely limited and if I do 2.0 before .15 is released the gui changes might break everything
Can I get an answer on this? How can I change the specific amount of items loaded into, say, turrets to a higher number? Can someone please explain how each part of that command works? I don't know this stuff and the default settings are too low for my liking.
To insert up to 20 magazines into each turret you can use this command to create a personal rule for you on gun turrets.

Code: Select all

/c remote.call("af", "insertset", "", "gun-turret", {{group="turrets", limits= {20}, "ammo-bullets" }})
group: All entities with the same group that are in your hand/quickbar are added together so that if all are placed they will get the same amount
limits: only put up to "limits" amount into the item even if you have enough to fill it.

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

Please add support for my mod "Necromant": https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Sacredd/necromant

2 items you could add:
Bones charcoal (3 MJ), item is called "necro-bones-charcoal" internally.
And poison ammo, 5+10 dmg, called "necro-poison-ammo" internally.

Thank you.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Sacredd wrote:Please add support for my mod "Necromant": https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Sacredd/necromant

2 items you could add:
Bones charcoal (3 MJ), item is called "necro-bones-charcoal" internally.
And poison ammo, 5+10 dmg, called "necro-poison-ammo" internally.

Thank you.
Thanks for the detailed information.
Fuels should be added automatically. Autofill 2.0 when it is release will also automaticlly add Ammo. If I do another release before 2.0 I will add your ammo in.

Skathmaine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Skathmaine »

i have been using autofill for a while and loving it. but for some reason i dont understand it has stopped working. everyone else in my multiplayer game can still autofil but for me nothing anymore. does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Try this command (or have an admin run it). If these don't work send me the save file and mods and I will take a look at it

/c remote.call("af", "setUsage", "Skathmaine", true)

Skathmaine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Skathmaine »

that worked thankyou

Zentriffic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zentriffic »

I like to use weapons and ammo mods.

Ammo Box has "ammobox-gun-turret-2" for a turret and ammo in magazines... "basic-bullet-magazine", "piercing-bullet-ammo-box", and "flame-thrower-ammo-compressed".

LR_Turret has "lr-gun-turret".

Plasma Shotgun Shells: "plasma-shotgun-shells"

Mete's Plasma Clip Mod: "plasma-clip"

More Gun: "depleted-uranium-magazine"

I haven't yet got the hang of how your script works. In time, I'll understand it and be able to tweek it as needed.

Thanks for the great work on this.

shawlh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shawlh »

The autofill was broken in this latest patch (0.14.22 (build 25342). Sadness. Control + Shift + F crashes the game with a lua error.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I can't get it to crash using the latest version. Please post your log containing the error message.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Probably a noob question, but how do I set/change the insert limits? I'm using Bob's mods with sniper-turret crawl to take out Nat. Evo. nests :), & I find that just 10 piercing ammo runs out pretty quickly!

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Bizobinator wrote:Probably a noob question, but how do I set/change the insert limits? I'm using Bob's mods with sniper-turret crawl to take out Nat. Evo. nests :), & I find that just 10 piercing ammo runs out pretty quickly!
Very carefully. in fact so carefully I can't remember how.

Outside of that you can change the limits in one of the bob lua files in the loader-sets? folder

and then run /c remote.call("af", "resetMod")

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Nexela wrote:
Bizobinator wrote:Probably a noob question, but how do I set/change the insert limits? I'm using Bob's mods with sniper-turret crawl to take out Nat. Evo. nests :), & I find that just 10 piercing ammo runs out pretty quickly!
Very carefully. in fact so carefully I can't remember how.

Outside of that you can change the limits in one of the bob lua files in the loader-sets? folder

and then run /c remote.call("af", "resetMod")
Yup! That did it.

CaptainHook
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CaptainHook »

Not sure if its a bug, but I can auto fill with infinite reach, (ctrl +f) even from the zoomed in map. It feels super cheaty and I would appreciate if you could make an option (since now it is possible in game) to restrict it only to character reach.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

CaptainHook wrote:Not sure if its a bug, but I can auto fill with infinite reach, (ctrl +f) even from the zoomed in map. It feels super cheaty and I would appreciate if you could make an option (since now it is possible in game) to restrict it only to character reach.
This should be fixed in 2.0 when I get back around to it :)

Tergiver
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tergiver »

Autofill doesn't work with the new Uranium ammo when you drop down a turret. It shows, "Out of piercing rounds magazine" instead of putting in the Uranium rounds.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Tergiver wrote:Autofill doesn't work with the new Uranium ammo when you drop down a turret. It shows, "Out of piercing rounds magazine" instead of putting in the Uranium rounds.
Uranium ammo is not currently set up for Autofill. It is on my todo list with the autofill 2.0 rewrite

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Well since someone felt the need to put up a copy of Autofill on the mod portal I guess I don't have to worry about doing any more work on this.

Return to “Mods”