[MOD 0.16] Upgrade planner

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Upgrade planner - v1.2.7

Post by Philip017 »

first impressions,

my apologies i did not read through this topic and am only making some suggestions,

i have tried to use the vanilla blueprints to install modules, ex change t1 to t2, or to another type of module with out first removing the building, and it doesn't work, i either have to do it by hand or remove the buildings and replace them

i was hoping that this mod would allow this functionality, use like standard blueprint to make a copy of what i want, and then paste it.

don't know if this is possible or not, but thought i would make this suggestion since i thought this was what i was getting with this mod.

thanks

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Philip017 wrote:first impressions,

my apologies i did not read through this topic and am only making some suggestions,

i have tried to use the vanilla blueprints to install modules, ex change t1 to t2, or to another type of module with out first removing the building, and it doesn't work, i either have to do it by hand or remove the buildings and replace them

i was hoping that this mod would allow this functionality, use like standard blueprint to make a copy of what i want, and then paste it.

don't know if this is possible or not, but thought i would make this suggestion since i thought this was what i was getting with this mod.

thanks

That isn't really how the mod works,

But i can look into adding support for upgrading modules

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

Klonan wrote: That isn't really how the mod works,
thanks!
if you know of another mod that does this, that would be great as well, but i haven't found anything that allows changing of modules with out doing it by hand or removing and rebuilding.

and i appreciate all the work that ya'll do! enjoying the game alot, and have added several mods i feel improve my gaming experience

thank you again

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Philip017 wrote:
Klonan wrote: That isn't really how the mod works,
thanks!
if you know of another mod that does this, that would be great as well, but i haven't found anything that allows changing of modules with out doing it by hand or removing and rebuilding.

and i appreciate all the work that ya'll do! enjoying the game alot, and have added several mods i feel improve my gaming experience

thank you again

There is this mod:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Choumiko/ModuleInserter

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

Thankyou that one works perfectly! :)

POLTOS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by POLTOS »

Hey. I can not understand how your mod works. I distinguish the left mouse button and let go, but nothing happens, even though the factory is highlighted in yellow. If I are cashing shift, the factory is highlighted in green, too, but nothing happens. Please help me.
Thank you.

I use Google translate.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

POLTOS wrote:Hey. I can not understand how your mod works. I distinguish the left mouse button and let go, but nothing happens, even though the factory is highlighted in yellow. If I are cashing shift, the factory is highlighted in green, too, but nothing happens. Please help me.
Thank you.

I use Google translate.
You need to configure first, i.e. tell it what you want to upgrade.
See the "IN GAME CONFIGURATION" part on the first page.

Or simplified version:
Grab an Assembling Machine 1 (like before you place it down on the ground), click the "not set" button under "upgrade from".
Then, grab an Assembling Machine 2, click the "not set" button under "upgrade to".
Remember to click "Save Changes" once you are done.
Now, you can use the planner to upgrade all Assembling Machine 1s to Assembling Machine 2s.

---
(I wonder has the new version changed the buttons into sprite buttons, words into icons? :) )

POLTOS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by POLTOS »

Mooncat wrote:
POLTOS wrote:Hey. I can not understand how your mod works. I distinguish the left mouse button and let go, but nothing happens, even though the factory is highlighted in yellow. If I are cashing shift, the factory is highlighted in green, too, but nothing happens. Please help me.
Thank you.

I use Google translate.

Or simplified version:
Grab an Assembling Machine 1 (like before you place it down on the ground), click the "not set" button under "upgrade from".
Then, grab an Assembling Machine 2, click the "not set" button under "upgrade to".
Now, you can use the planner to upgrade all Assembling Machine 1s to Assembling Machine 2s.

---
(I wonder has the new version changed the buttons into sprite buttons, words into icons? :) )
And as you open the window? I have no keys in the game.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

POLTOS wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
Thank you.

I use Google translate.

Or simplified version:

---
And as you open the window? I have no keys in the game.
If the mod is running, the button should be on the top. It should look like this now:

Miravlix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Miravlix »

Really helpful mod, but why is the weird instantly happends mode the default one?

The shift+click mode feels much more Factorismo. Would be great if I could make the bot mode the default behavior.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Miravlix wrote:Really helpful mod, but why is the weird instantly happends mode the default one?

The shift+click mode feels much more Factorismo. Would be great if I could make the bot mode the default behavior.
The instant replacement is 10x more useful and most people prefer it

Miravlix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Miravlix »

Klonan wrote:
Miravlix wrote:Really helpful mod, but why is the weird instantly happends mode the default one?

My own reaction was to uninstall the mod, because I missed that it had a bot mode at first.

If anyone else is triggered by this, change control.lua in this way:

Code: Select all

script.on_event(defines.events.on_player_selected_area, function(event)
  on_alt_selected_area(event)
  bot_remove_trees(event)
end)

script.on_event(defines.events.on_player_alt_selected_area, function(event)
  on_selected_area(event)
  remove_trees(event)
end)
It switched the contents of each function, so you now have to click shift to get the "magic" behavior.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Miravlix wrote:
Klonan wrote:

My own reaction was to uninstall the mod, because I missed that it had a bot mode at first.

If anyone else is triggered by this, change control.lua in this way:

Code: Select all

script.on_event(defines.events.on_player_selected_area, function(event)
  on_alt_selected_area(event)
  bot_remove_trees(event)
end)

script.on_event(defines.events.on_player_alt_selected_area, function(event)
  on_selected_area(event)
  remove_trees(event)
end)
It switched the contents of each function, so you now have to click shift to get the "magic" behavior.
Hmm, maybe i will make it so that it is on a checkbox toggle in the gui to switch the shortcuts

ShadowSyllvet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ShadowSyllvet »

Upgrading from a 2x2 furnace to the 3x3 electric furnace while there are other entities in the area will allow the new electric furnace to overlap things.
Do this: "O" is the stone furnace, "N" are inserters, "P" is a power pole, "E" is empty, and "B" are belts.
  • BBB
    OON
    OOP
    EEN
    BBB
Then set the upgrade planner to upgrade the furnace to electric.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

ShadowSyllvet wrote:Upgrading from a 2x2 furnace to the 3x3 electric furnace while there are other entities in the area will allow the new electric furnace to overlap things.
Do this: "O" is the stone furnace, "N" are inserters, "P" is a power pole, "E" is empty, and "B" are belts.
  • BBB
    OON
    OOP
    EEN
    BBB
Then set the upgrade planner to upgrade the furnace to electric.
Well, i can restrict some upgrades like this, if you'd like, or i can just leave breaking it to your own decision

ShadowSyllvet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ShadowSyllvet »

Klonan wrote:
ShadowSyllvet wrote:Upgrading from a 2x2 furnace to ...
... furnace to electric.
Well, i can restrict some upgrades like this, if you'd like, or i can just leave breaking it to your own decision
I'm not complaining. It doesn't break anything. Just mildly exploitable in the situation I posted above. I see now why you can't fast replace vanilla 2x2 furnaces with electric. The devs must not have wanted to fix it either lol.

Estelyen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Estelyen »

There's no GUI button appearing in my save. I tried saving & loading several times, even deactivating all other mods, which messed up my savegame pretty badly by removing all the modded entities but still didn't let the GUI button appear.
EDIT: Forget it, I'm stupid :P Didn't see I have to research the stuff first. :oops:

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

I love this mod! One small issue I noticed: it looks like belt corners can sometimes get removed entirely as shown in the before/after images below.

Before:

After:

Here are my active mods, if helpful:

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

iceman_1212 wrote:I love this mod! One small issue I noticed: it looks like belt corners can sometimes get removed entirely as shown in the before/after images below.
I think that is from the quickug mod. I've had the same thing happen and it is from that mod on mine. Try CONTROL + u to toggle quickug off before using the upgrade planner, then you can toggle the quickug mod back on after.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

charmead wrote:
iceman_1212 wrote:I love this mod! One small issue I noticed: it looks like belt corners can sometimes get removed entirely as shown in the before/after images below.
I think that is from the quickug mod. I've had the same thing happen and it is from that mod on mine. Try CONTROL + u to toggle quickug off before using the upgrade planner, then you can toggle the quickug mod back on after.

Brilliant, issue resolved, tyvm

Return to “Mods”