[Mod 1.1] Factorio Bitumen 3.1.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.14.23] Factorio DrugLab

Post by Shenpen »

Snap of the last part of the supply line for the cocaine hydrocloride production:
production line for cocaine hydroclorid.png
production line for cocaine hydroclorid.png (3.66 MiB) Viewed 8944 times
Last edited by Shenpen on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.14.23] Pharma Precursors

Post by Shenpen »

diongham wrote:Commenting to keep an eye on this. It's moral support lol
Also: What kind of person goes the extra mile to lend "moral" support to a drug production scheme? :lol:

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Shenpen wrote:
Also: What kind of person goes the extra mile to lend "moral" support to a drug production scheme? :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbmWs6Jf5dc
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

diongham wrote:
Shenpen wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbmWs6Jf5dc

Perhaps, but then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KTsXHXMkJA

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.15.9] Pharma Precursors

Post by Shenpen »

Medium chainlenght triglycerids

Originally Posted by Shenpen
How much MCT in coconut oil? From an unknown internet source:
"Based on several sources and averaging, coconut oil is made up of just under 50% lauric acid (12 carbon) and another 15% capric and caprylic acids (10 & 8 C's) for approximately 65% MCT content. The rest of the saturated fat content is about 20% mystiric, 8% palmitic and 3% stearic acids (12, 14 & 16C's respectively) for a total of about 94-95%. The remaining 5-6% is mostly two P/MUFA's -- oleic and linoleic acids in about a 4-5:1 ratio oleic/linoleic. BTW, oleic is the Omega-9 MUFA predominant in olive oil, linoleic is the Omega-6 PUFA."

This is somewhat incorrect, as myristic, palmitic and stearic adics are not 12,14 & 16 C. If that was the case, that would make myristic esters MCT.

The correct info is:
Myristic acid: C14
Palmitic acid: C16
Stearic acid: C18
Last edited by Shenpen; 02-08-2013 at 09:33 AM.

"Coconut oil is sometimes called a "lauric fat because approximately 49 percent of its fatty acids is the 12 carbon saturated fatty acid, lauric acid. (Other lauric fats include palm kernel oil and some lesser known fats, such as babassu oil and cohune oil.) The remaining fatty acids in coconut oil include 8 percent caprylic acid, 7 percent capric acid, 18 percent myristic acid, 8 percent palmitic acid, 2 percent stearic acid, 6 percent oleic acid, and 2 percent linoleic acid. The typical tocopherol and tocotrienol content is 5 mg/kg a-tocopherol, 6 mg/kg 5tocopherol, 5 mg/kg a-tocotrienol, 1 mg/kg p-tocotrienol, and 19 mg/kg ү-tocotrienol for a total of 36 mg/kg. "

From Mary Enig, "Know Your Fats"

So:
49 % lauric acid c12
8 % caprylic acid c8
7 % capric acid c10

64 % MCT

18 % myristic acid c14
8 % palmitic acid c16
2 % stearic acid c18
6 % oleic acid c18
2 % linoleic acid c18

36 % LCT
Last edited by Shenpen; 02-10-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Myristic / C14: 60 - 80 % in lymph
Lauric / C12 : 15 - 55 % in lymph
Decanoic / capric / C10 (just 7% of coconut oil): max 20 %Caprylic / C8

http://www.evernote.com/l/AR80sHF_0ztBA ... CEb0hNDn4/
The materials used in this study is virgin coconut oil
from PT. Tropica Nucifera Industry Indonesia. The
following analytical grade chemicals were used:

a. Ethanol (Merck, Germany)
b. Sodium hydroxide (Merck, Germany)
c. Hydrochloric acid (Merck, Germany)
d. Sodium sulfate anhydrous (Merck, Germany)

A study fractionation of medium chain fatty acids
ethyl esters from virgin coconut oil via transesterification and
distillation under reduced pressure. Transesterification was
strarted by preparing sodium ethoxyde from sodium
hydroxyde and ethanol and then mixed it with the coconut oil :
ratio ethanol/oil (1:2), stirring speed 500 rpm, 2% NaOH
catalyst concentration, and reaction time of 60 minutes at room
temperature. Ethyl ester which was obtained in every
treatment was separated, washed and filtered, which was then
characterized by GC-MS . Then ethyl ester formed separated
using distillation under reduced pressure method based on
differences in boiling point. At this stage fractionation by three
fractions, namely the fraction 1 (<140 o C), fraction 2 (140-170 o C),
and fraction 3 (> 170 o C).

Each fraction was analyzed
composition of fatty acid ethyl esters using gas
chromatography (GC). The result showed that the yield
medium chain fatty acid ethyl ester is 75.59% . While the stage
fractionation of fatty acid ethyl ester dominated by ethyl
laurate with a range of above 60% for each fraction.
Last edited by Shenpen on Mon May 15, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Monday facts:

Over the weekend I have adapted everything to .15 standards and implemented a few new recipes and the "oil agitator", which is used do a few oil-related products (kerosine, napalm, palmitic acid). The napalm was not really any planned part of the mod, but when you have both naptha and palmitic acid lying arround, then why not? And according to reliable sources napalm will be extremely effective as a fuel for a flame-thrower. This is due to the higher viscosity: As it gets less dispersed in air, it will penetrate further into the enemy bases and also burn for longer. There is a reason why napalm is banned from normal warfare.

I also started up a brand new modded playthrough to see if everything works as adverticed. It mostly does, but the sound-files might make some tweaks necessary:
I have found some really nice industrial ambience soundfiles that are perfect for giving factorio even more depth. I made the duration of the sound for the entities quite long, but I think it gets cut off whenever a recipe is completed, so that just the first part of the file is used. I could just call it a waste of effort, but I think I'm going to change the recipe to make more items in a longer stint.
I was going in that direction already, but perhaps not as extremely as I want to now.

But the slower, deeper immersion sits well with the whole idea of this mod, which is to dig in a bit deeper in terms of gameplay, complexity and much bigger scaled production systems. Farting out bits of iron at a fast pace is wonderful when you start your first campaigns, but ultimately you want something that is more like a real challenge. Less immediate gratification, more the deep satisfaction of a very big and well designed complex system. C.S. Peirce said something like "If you want to be deep, you must accept being boring."

Another observation is that this mod will draw upon parts of Angels Refining that are perhaps not so much in focus for most casual players. This is because a lot of the chemistry involved in the drug production requires potassium permanganate, for which you off course need manganese. Lots of manganese in fact. Actually you will need to scale up manganese production to a level that would be quite insane in any normal playthrough. But then again, you also need so much limestone production that you probably already needed to automate the production of washers for that...

I also have a bit of traction with what is my biggest challenge in this: Mastering 3D design sufficiently to make some non-embarrassing in-game buildings. This requires that I learn some 3D design program from scratch. So I have been watching a stack of tutorials and am slowly getting started. I'm now getting a feeble sense of the GUI of Blender. As in "I can do something now". But it still feels a lot like "no arms = no cookies" when im trying to work on an actual idea. Still a long way to go.

Also this makes the early decision to buy some 3D assets for the important parts look like a real good one. ;)

nodule production.png
nodule production.png (4.32 MiB) Viewed 8894 times

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Coca paste

Sometimes called “bazooka,” coca paste is an impure free-base form of cocaine that is smoked. It contains 20-90% cocaine and it is psychoactive. Smokers experience a “rush” or a “spike” similar to the effects of smoking crack or injecting powder cocaine. This is followed by a “high.” Coca paste is highly addictive. To make the paste, lime water, kerosene, and sulfuric acid are added to coca leaves. By removing the bulky leaf matter, 250 lbs (114 kg) of coca leaves are converted into 22 lbs (10 kg) of coca paste. Solvent residues give the paste an unpleasant taste and odor. It is usually added to tobacco or marijuana cigarettes. Use of coca paste is restricted mainly to South America as it is bulky and difficult to ship. With additional processing, coca paste can be converted into powder cocaine, which is easier to smuggle and is much more profitable for South American cartels.
richmond.jpg
richmond.jpg (169.97 KiB) Viewed 8877 times

Powder cocaine

Powder cocaine (cocaine hydrochloride) can be over 100 times more potent than coca leaves. By adding acids and purifying agents, 22 lbs (10 kg) of coca paste can be refined to 2.2 lbs (1 kg) of powder. This powder approaches 100% purity, but it is diluted with fillers before it is sold on the streets in the United States. Common fillers are cheaper drugs such as amphetamines or sugars such as lactose or inositol. Average street powder purity is 60%. The most common way to use powder is to snort it into the nose, but it can also be dissolved in water and injected into the veins. Powder cocaine cannot be smoked. Powder cocaine is addictive when snorted and highly addictive when injected.

Free base

Free base is a form of cocaine that can be smoked. There are three free-base forms of cocaine: coca paste, free base, and crack. Coca paste is made directly from coca leaves with solvents and acids. It is not available in the United States. Another form called “free base” was developed in the mid-1970s. In this process, powder cocaine is changed into free base by using water, ammonia, and highly flammable ether. It is a dangerous process because the volatile chemicals sometimes explode or ignite. Comedian Richard Pryor was badly burned while “freebasing.” By far, the most common free base is crack. In a very stable process, cocaine and sodium bicarbonate are combined. The precipitate, crack, is nearly 100% pure cocaine. All three forms of free base are highly addictive.

10-richmond-power-station.jpg
10-richmond-power-station.jpg (489.77 KiB) Viewed 8877 times

Crack cocaine

Crack is free-base cocaine extracted from powder cocaine using water and sodium bicarbonate. The resulting precipitate is dried and cut into “rocks” weighing between one-tenth to one-half a gram. Ten grams of powder cocaine will convert to 8.9 grams of nearly pure crack. A rock is placed into a glass pipe, heated, and the vapors are inhaled. It is called “crack” because when it is heated, the sodium bicarbonate makes a crackling sound. Because crack is inexpensive and delivers large amounts of cocaine to the lungs, it has become the most popular form of cocaine. Crack is highly addictive.

http://ecstasy.com.ua/cocaine/cocaine-types-of-cocaine

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Monday facts:

Bazoco
Implemented a bazoco recipe: Bazoco or bazooka is a simple "halfbaked" version of cocaine that is used mostly by workers in cocaine production. It is based on raw coca-paste, which makes it unwieldy and extremely rare overseas. It does however give "early access" to drug effects that are a lot closer to taking real cocaine than to chewing raw coco-leafs. In-game this will make for a short term reinforcer for doing the necessary build up of industrial cocaine production.
2017-05-22.png
2017-05-22.png (1.98 MiB) Viewed 8870 times
Other precursors
Nile Red has a new video on Acetanilide which is a very early pharmaceutical product that is well suited to Pharma Precursors production: Recipe is not to demanding for the system in its current state. The recipe needs acetic anhydride, which is produced by carbonylation of methyl acetate. So the product will need a few intermediate recipes but nothing too bad. And it ties in well with the way that real pharmaceutical industry got off to a wacky and dangerous start.

Keto
Another tempting option is to implement a keto production system based on coconut oil. Coconut oil can be distilled into fractions based on chain length of the carbon chains in the free fatty acids. This is significant because the liver will produce keton fuels (aceto-acetate and beta-hydroxybutyrate) that are energy carrying alternatives to glycose for tissues that have high energy needs (heart, kidneys, brain). Before the modern ara medicines were available a ketogenic diet was used in treatment of children with epilepsy.
richmond.jpg
richmond.jpg (169.97 KiB) Viewed 8870 times
Graphics
The graphics designs need good ideas, so I have gone on a rampage to find and steal a fistful of good ideas. One of the main chemical plants is thus going to be a design that combines elements from the Richmond power plant with the bio-softness of Gigers designs. Main body will house the reaction chamber which is made of a steel encapsulated glass container. The horizontal container will house the cyclic video effects where color change represent the chemical processes taking place.
There are still a huge gap between actual and needed blender skills but this should come down soonish.

control.lua
I have found the necessary info on how to design the control.lua that will tie in drug consumption with the effects on player (crafting speed, inventory size and so forth). This is fairly straight forward, but needs to be done without error as there is no tolerance for deviations in the syntax.

The Nile Red video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQNLmkj_GBo

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.15.13] Druglab

Post by Shenpen »

Doing factorio the right way:
2017-05-26 (2).png
2017-05-26 (2).png (966.99 KiB) Viewed 8848 times
Newer version:
drug furnace.png
drug furnace.png (1 MiB) Viewed 4261 times
Last edited by Shenpen on Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.15.13] Druglab

Post by Shenpen »

Moday facts

Woooha! Lot of stuff getting done this week. And closing in on release of public beta. Where to begin?

1. Changed the name to "Druglab" as that seems to be where this is headed.
2. Scrapped all dependencies by setting up a simple chemistry platform. The chemistry module gives you what is need for the drug production and a few extras. This means that everyone can just instal the mod in a vanilla instalation and have it run with no complications. Or indeed run it with more mods than you can swing a cat at.
3. Implemented a few more item for the basic petrochemical platform, that now makes diesel, fuel oil, naphta, kerosine, propane and butane. Possible a few more. Plastic production needs to be adjusted, but I haven't found the right balance yet. There might also be other minor adjustments for balance in the productions lines. But I don't want to optimize any and all irregularities away. Production lines are not often as straightforward as you would ideally want.
4. Did a "Drug Furnace" that will be great for producing ash (for potassium) AND which can help you retrieve copper wire when you burn your "small electric poles" at first given opportunity! (See screenie above...) One more reason to get rid of the damned things.
5. The deepdrill gets you a few selected items if you drill down deep enough. And at a price...This is at this time the only way to get manganese if you are installing the mod on a vannilla base.
6. I got all but a few things hidden behind research. This gives a natural progression through the mod and do bit to make it less overwhelming if you are not used to chemistry.
7. Did a thorough play test thingy which turned up several small and not so small bugs that needed to be fixed.
8. Remaining is still the control.lua project that will carry the drug effects. This is where I need to learn some basic programming skills - enough to make a functional script. Up next.
9. Remaining is also the long haul of making propper 3D assets for the mod. Will get serious about it after the lua-stuff is done and dusted. There are several entities that needs their own designs, but I want to do those by building a bit of flow in working with the 3D editor. For later.

Screenies from test base:
limedust_production.png
limedust_production.png (2.6 MiB) Viewed 8831 times
kerosine production with steam cracking.png
kerosine production with steam cracking.png (3.06 MiB) Viewed 8831 times
Production line for the oxidizing agents.png
Production line for the oxidizing agents.png (3.61 MiB) Viewed 8831 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Shenpen wrote:...

a. Ethanol (Merck, Germany)
b. Sodium hydroxide (Merck, Germany)
c. Hydrochloric acid (Merck, Germany)
d. Sodium sulfate anhydrous (Merck, Germany)

Yeah Merck, I'm about 2 km off from their main plant :P Looks good so far, cant wait for another addition!

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.15.33] DrugLab

Post by Shenpen »

Submittet to the mod portal.

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Shenpen/druglab

1.1.5 :

Changed the leaf washer for a design made by YoukiTani:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCDhpc6 ... e=youtu.be

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Mod 0.15.33] Factorio DrugLab

Post by posila »

I've split the topic, as troubleshooting A_Fall3n_Angel's issue completely highjacked this thread: viewtopic.php?t=53284

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.15.34] Factorio DrugLab

Post by Shenpen »

Moved here from the modportal:
timothy wrote:
Triggered! (Slightly joking)

Seriously I love how you worded your donation info but maybe just call it what it is: a project you are working on that is funded by donations. The "not free but pay what you want" model is basically telling people to not pay for it.

Aside from that not going to use it but the concept of adding in something most people find "taboo" is awesome. Always nice to see projects bigger than "I changed a config file for one thing so I am going to call it a full feature mod". I love Wormmus Config mods but some of these other "mods" that literally change something most people should be able to (at least in theory with basic problem solving skills) change themselves.

P.S. Love the snarky "user remarks" thing.

I thought about lying about it instead, but i figure it wouldn't work as intended. Also, you pay for service and get service. You need to sign up if you want to be part of the discord community. Also: There are people who actually want to pay if and when they find value in something. It is a way to connect. I pay for JD-Plays "free" youtube videos because it feels good, feels right and gives a different connection, one which is less strained and more equal. It is a subtle difference, but it is real.

On the flipside: What often happens when you don't pay for something is that you either deny the service a chance to grow. Or you open it up for abuse by advertising re-sellers. Ask yourself this: Do you really think that cutting movies up into 6 separate disconnected pieces interrupted by commercials is the right way to fund movie production? Do you like to read article while staving off distractions from blinking, moving adds show next to your article? Paying directly for what you use is not more expensive. It is most often cheaper as your payment is not diluted and diverted by brokers.
And mostly you are not actually free to not pay, you just pay in other and often far worse ways.

The essence of paying for content voluntarily and directly is that it changes your status: Who do you think content creators care about? The random freeloader who have an opinion or a paying user who have shown his appreciation of the service?

I do this kind of work because I want to connect with people who have an interest in Factorio and in drugs.

Some will say: "But I find it hard to afford paying for these things". In that case you need to consider why it is difficult. Is it because you have not made yourself useful for other people? Or is it because what you do does not get paid?

Also you might want to listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpbDgC ... e&t=1h8m4s

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Toggle technologies to update recipes in you established base:

You can activate new recipies by switching research levels off and on again.
This will redo the research, now with the updates as available technology.

To get the latest updates activated in you established base:

1. Bind "toggle lua console" to a key in Options/Control
2. Use "toggle lua console", by using the set key
3. Copy paste each of the following commands into the command line in the lua console.
4. Use the "false" commands to "undo" researched technologies.
5. Use the "true" commands to "redo" the same technologies.
6. All new recipes will then be activated by the true command.

Needed commands:
/c game.player.force.technologies['coca-leaves'].researched=false
/c game.player.force.technologies['coca-leaves'].researched=true
/c game.player.force.technologies['bazoco'].researched=false
/c game.player.force.technologies['bazoco'].researched=true
/c game.player.force.technologies['advanced-drugs'].researched=false
/c game.player.force.technologies['advanced-drugs'].researched=true
Last edited by Shenpen on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

mint_leaves.png
mint_leaves.png (106.47 KiB) Viewed 8427 times
mint_oil.png
mint_oil.png (115.47 KiB) Viewed 8427 times

New items

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Shenpen wrote:Toggle technologies to update recipes in you established base:

You can activate new recipies by switching research levels off and on again.
This will redo the research, now with the updates as available technology.

To get the latest updates activated in you established base:

1. Bind "toggle lua console" to a key in Options/Control
2. Use "toggle lua console", by using the set key
3. Copy paste each of the following commands into the command line in the lua console.
4. Use the "false" commands to "undo" researched technologies.
5. Use the "true" commands to "redo" the same technologies.
6. All new recipes will then be activated by the true command.

Needed commands:
/c game.player.force.technologies['coca-leaves'].researched=false
/c game.player.force.technologies['coca-leaves'].researched=true
/c game.player.force.technologies['bazoco'].researched=false
/c game.player.force.technologies['bazoco'].researched=true
/c game.player.force.technologies['advanced-drugs'].researched=false
/c game.player.force.technologies['advanced-drugs'].researched=true
if you put this bit of code in a migration file anytime you update the mod it should force the tech and things to auto update them when it loads up

Code: Select all

game.reload_script()

for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do
	force.reset_recipes()
	force.reset_technology_effects()
end

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

kingarthur wrote:
if you put this bit of code in a migration file anytime you update the mod it should force the tech and things to auto update them when it loads up

Code: Select all

game.reload_script()

for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do
	force.reset_recipes()
	force.reset_technology_effects()
end
This is why I love this forum!
Thank you!

I will try to find some documentation for that and try to figure out in details what it does, and how it applies.
Still so much to learn about this stuff...

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

http://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaF ... chnologies

http://lua-api.factorio.com/

check those out it has all the info on the factorio lua api. does describe what most of the stuff does

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

basically that code does the same thing as what you had posted to do via the console but does it automatically and for all things in the game without player intervention

Return to “Mods”