[MOD 0.17.x] BeltSorter 0.6.3

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] BeltSorter 0.4.0

Post by Recon777 »

Suggestion: Maybe make the colors match factorio tier colors.

Yellow first. Then red. Then blue.

Also, I tried looking at your code to see how you determine the throughput speed since they didn't seem to be quite keeping up with a fully compressed belt. Might want to look into that.

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Hi,
I thought about that and actually that's why they are colored like this. Problem is factorio also isn't 100% consistent with the colors. I used the colors of the assemblers to match for the beltSorter (blueish = medium tier, yellow = high tier).
I think I will leave it like this for now and hope people will understand it :)

About belt compression:
The belt sorters each work perfect for their own tier of belt. Problems arise as soon as you use slower belts. e.g. average belt sorter + yellow belt. This kind of issue happens because it's not possible to detect the positions of items on the belt. So therefore I assume the beltSorter is attached to belts of the same tier.
I think it would need a much more complex code to support this right now. But what can help you is just using a setup where at least one faster belt is attached to the beltSorter.
e.g.: Average Belt Sorter outputs fine for fast-belts. An output which uses yellow belts should therefore start with one fast belt, such that the items are still compressed fully on the belt.

Or something like this:
v 0.4.0 compressing belts.PNG
v 0.4.0 compressing belts.PNG (143.1 KiB) Viewed 8339 times
hope that helps.
Last edited by judos on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] BeltSorter 0.4.1

Post by judos »

Fixes 0.4.1
- fix migration for items which don't exist anymore
- fix migration problem printed for all beltSorters, even if there was no problem

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Ah, okay so putting a faster belt segment connected to the sorter will help compression. That's good.

Regarding colors, well the sorters go with belts rather than factories, right? So shouldn't they follow the color scheme of the belts?

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Yes you are right :D So I will change that with the next version.

PirateAE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PirateAE »

Any chance for 2 new levels for those of us bobs users? for the green and purple belts of bobs, as the T3 does a decent job, but it is noticeable on green belts in terms a though put. we have yet to get to purple but its probably gonna be even more noticeable.

MAup
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MAup »

I saw someone requesting the ability to put two or more sorters next to eachother, and you told them it would be a too complex project.
Wouldn't that work kind of how underground belt works?
Anyway i was wondering if you were rethinking of adding this solution or if a 2x2 belt sorter were in your mind in any way?
Regards
MAup

MAup
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MAup »

I notice the output from the sorter starts at the end of the belt you output to, is this intentional?
Also outuputting to an underground belt seemes to slow down the speed of the sorter, could this be fixed by having the output closer to the sorter as mentioned before?

Anyways thankss for this awesome mod, realy needed this one for my mixed 12 imput to 6 lanes sorter :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Judos can u add support for bob's faster transport belt and express transport belt?
it just doesn't manage to sort resources on these belts

And nevertheless there is a wish that it was possible to put belt sorters closely to each other that they could exchange resources correctly
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

kenvas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kenvas »

How do you increase its throughput?
To modify that value, then?
I am now the speed of conveyor belt is:125...

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

0.16 - request for mod updating

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] BeltSorter 0.5.2

Post by judos »

Updates and changes 0.5.2

- add beltSorter support to pickerDolly (let's you move beltSorters around. See PickerExtended Mod)
- improved player logging of errors
- fix replacing destroyed beltSorter does not know it's previous filters
- beltSorter shall not output on belts marked for deconstruction
- remove connector sprites of beltSorters (looks nicer when wires connect)
- update entitiy graphics to match belt tier colors
v 0.5.2.PNG
v 0.5.2.PNG (441.14 KiB) Viewed 7886 times
- and of course: Updated to work with Factorio 0.16
- fix beltSorter compressing belt on 0.16
- fix no energy symbol blinking in low energy setups in 0.16
[/color]

Please report issues on github as usually: https://github.com/judos/beltSorter/issues
Have fun! ;)

/edit 1:
Fastest update ever: :roll: :lol:
Updates 0.5.3
- add russian locale thanks to ProShow

mechanicalminer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] BeltSorter 0.5.3

Post by mechanicalminer »

I have come across a crash.
it happens when i break a first level beltsorter.
Also when i use a construction robot
sorry if im not very clear.
if you need more information i can send my modlist
apologies for the bad picture
Attachments
Naamloos.png
Naamloos.png (58.1 KiB) Viewed 7877 times

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] BeltSorter 0.5.4

Post by judos »

Fix 0.5.4
- fix entity system crash when beltSorter is removed.

That sounds small but took me a couple of hours to find. I hope it's exactly what you experienced. Also next time append your save file and mod.zip.
I hope it doesn't break anything else. Keep in mind to backup your world everytime you update.

mechanicalminer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mechanicalminer »

Thank You for the quick update and fix.
I will keep that in mind the next time i come across a bug or crash like this.
Thanks Again

romtos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by romtos »

Thanks for updating!

ares0027
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ares0027 »

this error whenever i try to add an item to filter.

mods i am using

Code: Select all

{"modInfo":{"name":"saved-cfan-mods","version":"0.0.0","factorio_version":null,"title":"Saved CFAN mods","author":["CFAN user"],"contact":null,"homepage":null,"description":"Saved CFAN mods from Monday, January 1, 2018","dependencies":["ArchdruidsChests","bobvehicleequipment","bobtech","bobrevamp","bobpower","crafting_combinator","bobmodules","bobmining","bobenemies","boblibrary","ShinyBobGFX","bobgreenhouse","ResourceLabels","bobelectronics","bobassembly","belt-reverser","omnimatter_wood","BottleneckLogistics","omnimatter_water","Squeak Through","YARM","LightedPolesPlus","angelsaddons-oresilos","AdvancedBurningMiningDrill","angelspetrochem","BigBags","angelsbioprocessing","bobwarfare","omnimatter_fluid","omnimatter","what-is-it-really-used-for","advanced-logistics-system","angelsaddons-warehouses","angelsaddons-pressuretanks","MegaBotStart","Loader-Furnace","VoidChestPlus","visual-signals","Suit-Plug-Continued","bobsflowcontrol","omnilib","Electric Furnaces","auto-research","LogisticsMining","FARL","Personal-Roboport-Mk3","omnimatter_crystal","tree_collision","Better-Power-Armor-Grid","autofill","Equalizer_Chests","angelssmelting","Achiever","AssemblyLines","angelsaddons-petrotrain","Belt-Swapper","bobplates","Flow Control","Explosive Termites","bobores","Speed-Furnaces","Subterrain","technicolor-belts","OutpostPlanner","MaxRateCalculator","TimeTools","EfficienSee","Bio_Industries","Loader-Furnaces","ResearchProgressFrame","color-coding","ScanNewWorld","angelscomponents","angelsexploration","angelslogistics","beltSorter","AssemblyZero","autorecyclingplant","LoaderRedux","Macerator","SmartSplitter","TKNRobotics","Bottleneck","PlannerCore","omnimatter_compression","RemoveModNames","aai-industry","ShinyIcons","helmod","ZRecycling","angelsrefining","Factorissimo2","miniloader","CableMaking","CompactPower","boblogistics","ShinyAngelGFX","bobinserters","Custom Hand Crafting Speed","ElectricTrain","UltimateBelts","upgrade-planner2","belt_buffer","even-distribution","folk-stopthat-016","NaturalTreeExpansionReloaded_016","RecExplo","SmartSplitter-016","steinios_Bobs_patch","Subterranean","Train_Ore_Color-016"]},"authors":["CFAN user"],"categories":[],"tags":[],"suggests":[],"recommends":[],"conflicts":[],"downloadUrls":[],"downloadSize":0,"type":"META","releasedAt":null,"aggregatorData":{}}

edit: i feel like a moron. i just wanted to check the exact line of code and noticed that it has nothing to do with this mod but Recipe Explorer
Attachments
2018-01-01 17_00_59-Factorio 0.16.12.png
2018-01-01 17_00_59-Factorio 0.16.12.png (52.63 KiB) Viewed 7824 times

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

Wow! This mod looks interesting!

I'm trying to decide for myself whether I would call this cheating, or just a convenient way to avoid filter inserters.

Reitman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Reitman »

I can not choose right and left. The selected one is deselected immediately. I have version 0.16.20 installed.

TubbyBoy419
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TubbyBoy419 »

It seems the .20 release is to blame. After a Steam update to the latest version, the check boxes on the filter page no longer accept mouse clicks.

Return to “Mods”