[MOD 0.12.x] Science Overhaul Mod A.K.A Science Cost Tweaker

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Blackstar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Science Overhaul Mod A.K.A Science Cost Tweaker

Post by Blackstar »

canadajebus wrote:Is this mod going to update to 0.16?
I have my own fork that with minor edits that works for 0.16, but it depends on if the mod author wants it/is ok with releasing it.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

This is one of the last mods to be updated for my games, so I'm looking forward as well!

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Considering that Uberwaffe hasn't been on the forum for 6 months, I updated it for 0.16, as I also really enjoy this mod and can't play without it.
Attachments
ScienceCostTweaker_0.16.0.zip
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 343 times
Check out my mods

romtos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by romtos »

Thanks for sharing cartmen180!

Enkal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Enkal »

Does this update include updates for the logistics packs with Bob's and Angel's mods. I Started playing and just realised that I cannot research things using logistics packs since I cannot produce them (like robot speed 3 I think it was).

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

I only made it compatible with 0.16. The logistics packs should be producable with the default recipe from bob's mod.
Check out my mods

Enkal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Enkal »

cartmen180 wrote:I only made it compatible with 0.16. The logistics packs should be producable with the default recipe from bob's mod.
That is the problem. The Science tweaker blocks the regular Bob's packs so you cannot make the logistics packs. I do not even know where to search in the mods to enable things like that?

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

For people that want to be able to use logistics pack and the new bio token from angel, I took cartmen180's 0.16 release of SCT and added the bio token to all SCT lab and logistic to the last two lab.

You can download the release here :
ScienceCostTweaker_0.16.1.zip
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 369 times
I haven't change the recipe to craft/obtain those pack so no new recipe for them.

For those that don't want to download the whole release, here is the code to add to newlabs.lua (at the end) to activate those two new tools in labs :

Code: Select all

--Enable the token bio on lab if that pack is detected
if(data.raw.tool['token-bio']) then
	table.insert(data.raw["lab"]["lab"].inputs, "token-bio")
	table.insert(data.raw["lab"]["sct-lab-1"].inputs, "token-bio")
	table.insert(data.raw["lab"]["sct-lab-2"].inputs, "token-bio")
	table.insert(data.raw["lab"]["sct-lab-3"].inputs, "token-bio")
	table.insert(data.raw["lab"]["sct-lab-4"].inputs, "token-bio")
end
--Enable the logistic pack on lab if that pack is detected
if(data.raw.tool['logistic-science-pack']) then
	table.insert(data.raw["lab"]["sct-lab-3"].inputs, "logistic-science-pack")
	table.insert(data.raw["lab"]["sct-lab-4"].inputs, "logistic-science-pack")
end
Enkal wrote:
cartmen180 wrote:I only made it compatible with 0.16. The logistics packs should be producable with the default recipe from bob's mod.
That is the problem. The Science tweaker blocks the regular Bob's packs so you cannot make the logistics packs. I do not even know where to search in the mods to enable things like that?
Logistic pack are craftable but since it's a bobs mod component, it's in the "Intermediate products" tab of you inventory.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Enkal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Enkal »

Yeah thanks! I managed to figure out how to add them to the labs myself but since I am without internet at home right now I could not reply here.

Interesting with the syntax there in your code you linked. I'm starting to understand how things works a bit better now. Thank you!

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

could you also add the military pack to the second lab? at the moment only the last one has a slot for it.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

ScienceCostTweaker_0.16.1.zip
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
this is SCT with minimum update - runs on 0.16, ads bio tokens into all labs, if angels biotech is loaded

it's bases on UberWaffe 0.15 branch on github.

@ukezi military is available since 3rd lab, as in original (eg. in lab that uses blue bottles)

Code: Select all

{
		type = "lab",
		name = "sct-lab-3",
		inputs =
		{
			"science-pack-1",
			"science-pack-2",
			"science-pack-3",
			"military-science-pack",
			"production-science-pack"
		},
	}
if you modify inputs for sct-lab-2, you can add military pack

EDIT: found out, that there is missing override when bobtech is loaded, to be precise, logistic pack is missing from T3/T4 lab, for now i allowed bob mk2 lab to be enabled, but might to remove it in future, since it's lot cheaper than T4, and allows all research (including space).
new version 0.16.1 fixes issue with logistic pack

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

A few people have posted 0.16 updates in this thread, is anyone planning on maintaining a 0.16 fork on the mod portal?
I'd like to include S.C.T. in my modpack, and it works best for save game syncing if all mods are on the portal. From the lack of response from Uberwaffe I'm assuming he's lost interest in the mod. I guess I'll do it myself if there are no other volunteers, but I'm hoping someone else will do it, less work for me :)
Hey Neemys, now's your chance to reduce the gold cost of blue science.

McRib
Inserter
Inserter

Post by McRib »

Trainwreck wrote:A few people have posted 0.16 updates in this thread, is anyone planning on maintaining a 0.16 fork on the mod portal?
I'd like to include S.C.T. in my modpack, and it works best for save game syncing if all mods are on the portal. From the lack of response from Uberwaffe I'm assuming he's lost interest in the mod. I guess I'll do it myself if there are no other volunteers, but I'm hoping someone else will do it, less work for me :)
Hi Trainwreck, any ideas how long it will take to get a stable offical version from Sea block for version 0.16?

McRib

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Trainwreck wrote:A few people have posted 0.16 updates in this thread, is anyone planning on maintaining a 0.16 fork on the mod portal?
Yeah could be, unfortunately I don't have time for modding anymore for the next few months, so if anyone else want to do it, it would be better for everyone.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I think, there will be a problem, when using bobs new inserters overhaul together with Science Cost Tweaker:

The 3rd lab required for blue science wants an express filter inserter (which is bobs new replacement for the filter inserter):
Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-03-18 20-43-21.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-03-18 20-43-21.png (168.82 KiB) Viewed 10176 times
But it is unlocked via logistics3, which needs blue science:
Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-03-18 20-44-11.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-03-18 20-44-11.png (348.55 KiB) Viewed 10176 times
I think, it could be solved to use the new red fast filter inserter instead, if inserter overhaul is active.

I got arround it, because i updated midways and already have the labs

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Fortunately, I have time, I will take a look into it tomorow unless someone else do it before.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

jodokus31 wrote:I think, there will be a problem, when using bobs new inserters overhaul together with Science Cost Tweaker:

The 3rd lab required for blue science wants an express filter inserter (which is bobs new replacement for the filter inserter):
I think, it could be solved to use the new red fast filter inserter instead, if inserter overhaul is active.

i will check it tomorow and update if needed, i still have not decided what to do with bobs logistic overhaul anyways (logistic science pack and other stuff, although it doesn't block things, it just making things unnecessary complicated).

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

jodokus31 wrote:I think, there will be a problem, when using bobs new inserters overhaul together with Science Cost Tweaker:

hmm, what version of bobinserters mod you using? i just checked against 1.6.6, which is latest available on portal, and there is no such, as you have on screenshot, lab still requires regular (purple) filter inserter.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

mexmer wrote:

hmm, what version of bobinserters mod you using? i just checked against 1.6.6, which is latest available on portal, and there is no such, as you have on screenshot, lab still requires regular (purple) filter inserter.
In Bobs Mods Settings, you can activate the inserter overhaul by checkbox. Default, it is disabled and the inserters are untouched. (Sorry, for not mentioning it more clearly)
Version is latest.
I dont know, if you want to support the new bobs inserters, when its not default setting?

Thanks alot, I really like this mod

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

jodokus31 wrote:
mexmer wrote:

In Bobs Mods Settings, you can activate the inserter overhaul by checkbox. Default, it is disabled and the inserters are untouched. (Sorry, for not mentioning it more clearly)
Version is latest.
I dont know, if you want to support the new bobs inserters, when its not default setting?

Thanks alot, I really like this mod
i will check that. bobs and angels is only set of mods, that has some proper support in SCT, so i think this needs to be fixed. although inserter overhaul is rather annoyance than welcome feature (same feelings for belt change).

Return to “Mods”