Railroad

Give feedback on topics proposed by the developers.
Ragnaman
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Railroad

Post by Ragnaman »

Pacifyer wrote:In a recent reddit post, someone asked about this very issue -- how to prevent trains from going into a siding with station when they aren't scheduled to stop at the station.
Could you please share the link to reddit ?
I personally have had 16 L-CCCC-L terminal trains in my train system and ive never had issues with clogging up my "main railroad artery" because i designed solutions for that by learning how train signals work. No trains ever entered a "siding" if they did not have business there.
|
| Mods: Greenhouse with modules
| Hobby artist (CAD) | Hobby coder | Lead Software Engineer | Employed
|

VFaalcatnodriiro
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by VFaalcatnodriiro »

Sorry for gravedigging but, I read the first post regarding Transport Tycoon and...

a feature that I'd love to see: Conditional Schedules based not only on waggon-stats (full/empty/half empty) but also based on locomotive-stats (how much fuel is left, is the locomotive damaged or not, how damaged is it, and so on)

Greetz :)

Sparen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sparen »

VFaalcatnodriiro wrote:a feature that I'd love to see: Conditional Schedules based not only on waggon-stats (full/empty/half empty) but also based on locomotive-stats (how much fuel is left, is the locomotive damaged or not, how damaged is it, and so on)
If you mean conditional stations (i.e. goto station X IF any locomotive in train fuel < Y ELSE pass), that would be a great boon to efficiency, as trains would not need to waste time and energy going to a fuel station as part of their normal schedule for a few pieces of solid fuel.

VFaalcatnodriiro
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by VFaalcatnodriiro »

That's exactly what I have in mind.

The (IMHO) easiest way to implement it would result in a Schedule like:
  • #1 Iron-pickup
  • if fuel < 33% or health < 100% then goto #3
  • #2 Iron-drop
  • if fuel < 33% or health < 100% then goto #3
  • goto #1
  • #3 Fuel&Repair
  • if Iron > 0 then goto #2
(Just like in OpenTTD :) )

leoch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by leoch »

Trains will now ignore stations in their schedule which are disabled and go straight to the next one, so you could almost do this now — but you'd need
a) each train stop to read the train contents — but this doesn't include fuel!
b) use the circuit network to send a signal to the refuelling station when a train has low fuel, and only enable it then
Of course this would result in all trains leaving at that time going to the refuelling station :lol:

I've been playing with the enable/disable mechanics, and you can now have a supply train which automatically cycles between a supply stop and any enabled demand station on a loop, and waits at the supply stop if all demand stations are disabled. Unfortunately scaling this up to multiple supply trains doesn't work well; the best I have managed is a queue of supply stops where only one train can leave at once, and the other train(s) move towards the front of the queue and will up.

zacharyyyang
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zacharyyyang »

how about nuclear powered locomotive?

thomas1304
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thomas1304 »

MatLaPatate wrote:What about Armored Trains with integrated turret to defend a zone ? That's completly irrelevant with the logisitic thing, but I think that would be fun ^^.
that is a great idea, i have seen someone who needs this thing. the biters were spawning next to the railroads alot, so when the train passes they slow it down and destroy it. which is a pain in the neck is you ask me. so he requested for a sollution, like a carriege with a gun on it, or a flamethrower, which would be an awesome idea!

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

thomas1304 wrote:
MatLaPatate wrote:What about Armored Trains with integrated turret to defend a zone ? That's completly irrelevant with the logisitic thing, but I think that would be fun ^^.
that is a great idea, i have seen someone who needs this thing. the biters were spawning next to the railroads alot, so when the train passes they slow it down and destroy it. which is a pain in the neck is you ask me. so he requested for a sollution, like a carriege with a gun on it, or a flamethrower, which would be an awesome idea!
i would be carefull with flamethrower, you might burn poles, also driving trough forest in fire is not much safe.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Railroad was finished long time ago, so I'm locking this topic.

Return to “Development Proposals”