How do i plant rubber and sulfur wood?

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
fury
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How do i plant rubber and sulfur wood?

Post by fury »

Hi all, i'm having a problem with your tree farm mod... i can get the normal wood working just fine, but when i put both rubber or sulfur seeds on the "fuel" thing on the field, it does nothing. I can't get it to work... What am i missing here?
Thanks.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How do i plant rubber and sulfur wood?

Post by drs9999 »

fury wrote:Hi all, i'm having a problem with your tree farm mod... i can get the normal wood working just fine, but when i put both rubber or sulfur seeds on the "fuel" thing on the field, it does nothing. I can't get it to work... What am i missing here?
Thanks.
I just tested it and can't reproduce it. Everything works as expected on my end.

Are you using the latest versions of dytech and treefarm_lite?

fury
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fury »

Hi, thank you for your time.
Yes, i believe i have the latest versions of the mod, game, and other mods.
This is my list of mods and versions:

Factorio 0.11.16

Treefarm-Mod_1.2.7
CORE-DyTech-Core_1.1.2
MAIN-DyTech-Machine_1.0.1
MAIN-DyTech-Power_1.0.0
MAIN-DyTech-War_1.0.0

When i hover my mouse on the rubber and sulfur seeds, its says that it is a Dytech core mod, while the field and tree seeds are Treefarm mods. Can this be the issue?

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

It seems you are confused. You do not have the latest version, you can download it here (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=44&t=522). You have the 1.2.7 version, which is prior to the separation of the Treefarm into 2 modules. If you want the same as you always played, just go to that topic and download both TREEFARM-LITE and TREEFARM-AC.

fury
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fury »

Humm. Probably i am...
I tried download both lite and AC, but the lite one is password protected on winrar, and the webpage that should give me the password "for human verification" is locked with surveys... really ticky...
I've reached the point (on my current 1.2.7 tree farm mod) where i have the awkward tower of plantation, that still allows me to plant regular trees, but not sulfur and rubber seeds. I wouldn't mind at all if rubber wasn't so needed for upgrades. Its a huge let down having to plant 500 trees and cutting them down with robos... but still have to plant them by hand. F* that.
Im sure im missing something. Can this version of treefarm use rubbers seeds on fields or any other way automatically or not? I would definitely download the latest version for sure... if it weren't blocked with spamming surveys.
Thank you :)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Um, you're downloading from here http://www.mediafire.com/?8vsnko5bmdt4h1e right? No password protected rar or spammy surveys.

fury
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fury »

Hi there fish!
I was downloading from SHiRKiT suggestion (viewtopic.php?f=44&t=522), witch has the "lite" one available for download but blocked with survey-locked password. I wouldn't mind paying the developer a beer for the mod, but surveys?... nah.
But yeah, your link has the mod unlocked.
I'll be back with an update when i'm finished installing and testing.
Cheers.

fury
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fury »

I've now just realized that i opened the wrong .rar file that was indeed locked and had nothing to do with Factorio at all. I feel so stupid :arrow:
Suspected when the link was the same. Duh.
Pardon me for my blizt moment.

fury
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fury »

It works! Love the MK2 Fields!
I have just one more question, it seems my farms are feeding the excess materials, mainly wood, to the storage chests. I only use storage chests as the buffer chests for the robos. How do i prevent this?

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

fury wrote:It works! Love the MK2 Fields!
I have just one more question, it seems my farms are feeding the excess materials, mainly wood, to the storage chests. I only use storage chests as the buffer chests for the robos. How do i prevent this?
You can do some things:
- Create a separate network for the farms (I recommend this one as it's the only REAL solution). Export to your consuming system via trains (or belts but they suck :D )
- Place a 10x10 storage chests near the farm with 1 wood inside each of those (may fail if your system get's full of junk)
- Place a 10x10 requester chests near the farm with 4.8k wood request inside each of those chests (now you can't move to other chests though, only via inserters).

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”