help with a mod

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
eksdee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

help with a mod

Post by eksdee »

Hey guys I really need help with a mod called high power solar

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/High%20Power%20Solar

I have an old pc and this mod helps a lot with the ups of the game and it has not been updated and I tried to contact the original author but no reply yet.. I want to go back to 18.46 or whatever it was before 1.0.0 but only .17 is available.. Please help me with updating this or making a similar mod.. It's just adjusted values for the accumulators and solar panels.. I write just adjusted but I don't know anything about coding so I cannot do it myself.. Pls help

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: help with a mod

Post by Loewchen »

Have you tried the mod in 1.0.0? It should work, otherwise you can just download 0.18.47 from the website.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

eksdee wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:48 pm

I have taken the liberty of fixing up that mod for use with 1.1.x under the MIT licence for you. There are some irregularities within it that I'm not clear why they are there (sounds), so have left them unchanged. It will load and does work in the current experimental release 1.1.5

Hopefully the original mod author will return and make an official update.

Unofficial update attached.

[Edit]Fixed zipfile name
Attachments
high-power_Solar_1.1.1.zip
(6.39 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

eksdee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eksdee »

Squelch wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:35 pm
eksdee wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:48 pm

I have taken the liberty of fixing up that mod for use with 1.1.x under the MIT licence for you. There are some irregularities within it that I'm not clear why they are there (sounds), so have left them unchanged. It will load and does work in the current experimental release 1.1.5

Hopefully the original mod author will return and make an official update.

Unofficial update attached.

[Edit]Fixed zipfile name
my bro i cant thank you enough... youre a goddamn legend

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

You're quite welcome :)

If you are interested in modding Factorio, there are a number of resources that might help.

Factorio mods are written in LUA script with a few modifications unique to the game engine. You can find some excellent LUA tutorials that will be a good jumping off point here
Overview of mods on the official Factorio Wiki
Modding tutorial (wiki)
Forum post covering some points in detail and the Modding discussion subforum in general

Finally, learning from what others have done is also a great way to gain an understanding of how things work. For example, if you compare the unzipped original and my modified version, you will see what was needed in this particular case. Note: That simple change is not a universal fix, so if applied to other mods, it may not work due to other required changes that must follow what the Factorio developers have made.

I'm sure there must be other good resources that others may add.

I hope this helps, and that you do venture into making your own mods. Good luck.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”