UPS save mods for Vanilla like megabase

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Paku93
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

UPS save mods for Vanilla like megabase

Post by Paku93 »

Hello,

I looking for mods, that can help to save some UPS for a megabase.
Im interested to keep my gameplay close to vanilla, so i dont want better modules, or bigger and faster assemblers etc.

My base is based on a train system that connect sub-factories producing intermediate products that works on bots, i do not use betls.
I also use LTN for a trains.

So far I found:

Infinite Technologies
Adds technologies for inserters capacity, bot capacity, bot battery size,
So that mod allows to have fewer bots in logistic network for transporting same amount of items, also bigger inserters capacity reduces numbers of inserters swings to load items.
I think this mod should have at least some positive impact on UPS.

Larger stack Size
Bigger stacks of items reduces the number of trains needed for same size of a factory, and also if im not wrong stack inserters are capped by stack size of items, so in case of for example rocket fuel, stack inserter can only take 10 per one swing, so this mod should also help with that.

Logistic Cargo Wagon
I do not use it yet, because it will require to re-build my entire factory, but i installed the mod, and test it, it work with LTN, and its looks very promising.
This mod allows bots to load / unload directry from the wagon, so it will basically reduces number of inserters swings in my whole base by half*, because now inserter need to only load items to assemblers and from assemblers to chest. All of the chests and inserter on a stations are gone.
Also because stations no need chests anymore, rails can be placed closed together, and this will reduce the way, that bots need to travel with items.

*one thing is that when inserters unload items from assemblers they take immediately when item is produced, so if my inserter can take 20 items at ones, it will take 1 item 20 times if production is slow enough, so there is no simply 50% reduction of swings, until i figured out how to fix that problems by circuit network with clocks (but circuit network will take some UPS by itself, so im not sure it worth doing), or maybe some another mod that scale up recipes.

Any one have or know simillar mods that will help with UPS in train/bots based megabase, keeping gameplay as close to vanilla as possible, i will be thankful.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: UPS save mods for Vanilla like megabase

Post by darkfrei »

Paku93 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:32 am

Any one have or know simillar mods that will help with UPS in train/bots based megabase, keeping gameplay as close to vanilla as possible, i will be thankful.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/5xProduction - also helps bots to take more items if they can.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Tiers32 - stacking entities and items (fuel compression).

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”