Mod to force construction robots pull from storage chests.

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

Mod to force construction robots pull from storage chests.

Post by Spaghettificator »

Hey guys
I'm wondering if there is mod to make the construction robots go fetch the itens from storage chests instead of passive providers that happens to be closer to the construction site.
For me, this mechanic of weird prioritization is garbage. The point of storage chests is to keep your recyclables, and the point of recyclables is to be recycled. No matter where it is on the map, i want it out of my storage chests as soon there is a need for said item.
Thanks and be safe

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mod to force construction robots pull from storage chests.

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

Hi there! Sorry for late reply.
What you shared is for logistic bots. I was referring to construction bots that don't seem to have the same priority scheme has their logistic counterparts.
It is clear that when they have their passive provider chest closer to the construction zone than the storage chests location, they will ignore those even if they have said items on the storage chest.
I posted this video of what i'm referring if i'm not being clear enough. I can't believe i am the only one annoyed by this...
Cheers
https://streamable.com/a0of0b

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Or you could make sure you don't have so many storage chests with random trash. Instead of just having a field of storage chests that are randomly used, recycle stuff back into the output chests themselves. Either by using filtered storage chests or buffer chests. Then whatever is actually put into unfiltered storage chests is stuff that doesn't have a proper place to go to

Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

That seems like the logical way. I did make all the construction materials that the factory was not actively using them to be put into active providers and set a logistic limit on the inserter.
However, for the developers that felt the need to "dumbfy" oil to cater the less creative players during oil setups, this particular issue seems out of place in terms of complex it demands from the players from the very start of the logistic upgrade on the factory.
Having the players wondering why their storage box are getting full of stuff that they were suposed to be using up will confuse players with the diferent priorities set up for logistic bots and construction bots.
For me personaly was even more agravating because i kept plotting down blueprints, remove, then put more blueprints several times, and all of this will makes construction bots pick up at the near passive providers, building them, then store them at the storage chests if i delete them to fix a mistake AND THEN they will pick up fresh new itens again from the passive provider when i plot the blueprint again.
So this means my construction cost double or triple the amount of materials for no reason other than the storage chests was one more grid square farther than the passive provider while i get my storage chests clogged with crap.
I know i may be beating an already rancid corpse of a horse here, but i like to have a consistent gameplay from a game as refined has Factorio.
Logistic bots chest priority makes sense. Having diferent rules for construction bots is unecessary and a hassle to get it right way after late game.
Just my two cents.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”