Change threshold for Map view switch to pixelated mode?

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
dpacbach
Inserter
Inserter

Change threshold for Map view switch to pixelated mode?

Post by dpacbach »

TL;DR: while zooming out in map mode, I want factorio to wait longer before changing to "pixelated map view."

Hi, I have always thought that, when zooming out in map view mode, that the game switches to the "pixelated rendering" too quickly. Is there a mod that will allow me, while in map mode, to zoom further out without the rendering changing to the pixelated mode? I have checked a few zoom mods (such as "infinizoom") but they don't do what I want because they don't seem to affect map mode. When not in map mode I don't have this issue because I just use a lua command to zoom out. But I have not found a solution for map mode.

Is there either a mod or some lua commands that I can use to do this?

dpacbach
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Change threshold for Map view switch to pixelated mode?

Post by dpacbach »

I should add -- I don't mind if FPS drops when zoomed out far as a result of the extra rendering load.

dpacbach
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Change threshold for Map view switch to pixelated mode?

Post by dpacbach »

Actually sorry -- after posting this I realized that the lua command that I use for non-map mode, which is:

/c game.player.zoom = .3

will also work in map view, but it has to be entered when not in pixelated mode. If you enter it while in pixelated mode it seems to have no effect. This also applies to the infinizoom mod, which I assume just uses the above command.

So I guess my question is solved, but would still be interested to hear any comments.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”