Mod to Tweak other mods

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
ClubPetey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mod to Tweak other mods

Post by ClubPetey »

Anyone out there know of a mod that will take some sort of config file and tweak item info. Change stats, change recipe amounts, add new recipe, etc.? As I tend to play with a lot of mods, something like this could help balancing.

Perfect example, I love the Angel's Smelting Patch to remove the ability to directly smelt iron/copper, but this also remove smelting silicon into glass, and Angel's process for Glass is very complicated. A mod that would let me re-add the recipe for glass in a smelter would be perfect.

Other examples: I'm constantly wanting to re-balance the pollution output of some mod's items. I want to remove redundant technologies (like there are 2 for pump jack with Bobs/Angels installed) or remove factories all together (the vanilla Chemical Plant to force the use Angel's/Bob's Chemical Plant 1).

Those familiar with Minecraft might be familiar with the mod CraftTweaker, this is basically what I'm looking for, but not all the script-language stuff, just the part to change recipes and stats.

If this doesn't exists, I'd be willing to look into writing it, if other's would find it useful. I think something like this could really let people design some cool scenarios or mod packs.

-pete

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mod to Tweak other mods

Post by Koub »

I know Bilka has made a mod to tweak some aspects of Industrial revolution :
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/industria ... djustments
Actually, search for tweak on the mod portal :
https://mods.factorio.com/query/tweak?version=0.17
You'll get a heap of them.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ClubPetey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Mod to Tweak other mods

Post by ClubPetey »

I've checked out the list of "Tweak" mods, and they aren't quite what I'm looking for. The tweak mods are individual's personal tweaks, I'm looking for something more generic that doesn't require building a mod and doesn't require LUA knowledge to make changes.

For example, FTweaks by Reika has a setting (on/off) to change the stack size of basic ores/items to 200. But it's only the ores/items Reika chose, and only 200. What if I wanted to set Iron to 1000? I guess I could change the LUA and re-build his mod, but a mod that read a config file that was a list of item names and stack sizes would be more useful long term.

Basically a single mod that could replace a bulk of stat changes in these special tweak mods.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”