Money for mods?

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Money for mods?

Post by Kyralessa »

I've found some Factorio mods have improved the game to such a degree (not that the vanilla game isn't already extraordinary, mind you) that I feel a bit guilty at receiving them for free. In particular, it's clear that some modders have spent hundreds of hours or more, and it shows in the creativity and polish of their mods.

So, my question: Is there a way to show monetary appreciation for excellent mods?

Is this allowed (or at least not prohibited) by the Factorio license?

I know some bloggers have links saying things like "If this helped you, you might consider buying me a cup of coffee." I can see where Factorio modders might have something similar, where those of us who've gotten hour upon hour of enjoyment from their mods could say thank you with more than just effusive words, and perhaps the most popular modders might even be able to make a living off their work.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Money for mods?

Post by Koub »

Some modders have Patreon pages, or give a link to their paypal, or publish under beerware licensing.
If one is sincerely willing to compensate modders for their hard work, and the modders are accepting donations, it's fairly easy to find the way to do so.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”