Wider quickbar

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
radi0n
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Wider quickbar

Post by radi0n »

Hello,

I was looking but I can't find a mod that would enlarge the quickbar. Is he somewhere like that?
Attachments
factorio_iJJhvfflie.jpg
factorio_iJJhvfflie.jpg (325.19 KiB) Viewed 2175 times

MisterFister
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Wider quickbar

Post by MisterFister »

Pity that no one responded, this seems like it could turn into a nice idea.

I can imagine that this feature could be balanced with research unlocks to prevent it from being OP. Maybe restrict the player to a single stock-width bar at start (only one bar, no access to the vanilla 10), red unlocks a second row. Green unlocks some extra width, etc.

It would be great if the user's layout were also shareable as a hotbar string of some kind. Obviously those strings would either not be readable in a stock install (15 slots of data when vanilla only supports 10?) or maybe set an in-game modded toggle to export vanilla-formatted strings.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

MisterFister wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:50 am
Pity that you didn't use the forum search.

For the future reader who did get here by searching: The API doesn't support vanilla GUI changes. And even if someone wanted to implement it from scratch the API isn't sufficient to make it look or feel as good as vanilla.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

MisterFister
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MisterFister »

eradicator wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:37 pm
MisterFister wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:50 am
Pity that you didn't use the forum search.

For the future reader who did get here by searching: The API doesn't support vanilla GUI changes. And even if someone wanted to implement it from scratch the API isn't sufficient to make it look or feel as good as vanilla.
I browsed and surfed into this thread from glancing at the first few pages of forum titles. I clicked on the ones that seemed interesting. This was one. I commented to the OP something that I still think is an honest statement. I guess you didn't approve of my sentiment. I'll bear your advice in mind, however.

leopoldkabouter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by leopoldkabouter »

+1
It would be nice to be able to choose a width for the Quickbar. Having a single row that is 40 wide beats having four rows of ten imho.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”