Setup and forget air filtering

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Setup and forget air filtering

Post by zOldBulldog »

I like the concept of building an ecological base and achieving piece with the aliens by not irritating them with pollution, but doing it in a way that "feels realistic".

It took me a long time to find the right combination of settings and mods to allow it (Railworld, Next Gen Evolution mod and Schorty's Air Filters). It works well but the constant delivery of air filters in a very spread out base has filled my train network with far too many trains for my taste. Works fine, but it made the game unpleasant and annoying. It is time for me to dump Schorty's mod and do something else.

One simple and very tempting solution is to say "to hell with being eco-friendly", clearing a larger area of nests and allow the nasty pollution cloud to build up. But that goes against all of my instincts.

The logical solution is to find a pollution scrubbing mod that once placed it requires no resupply. It would be fine if each device is more expensive to build, so long as once placed you can forget it, and not need to keep refilling it with filters or other items.

Is there such a place and forget pollution scrubbing mod?

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”