Train turret mod

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
MFJE5233
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Train turret mod

Post by MFJE5233 »

I cant mod, just gunna say that now. That being said, Ive had an idea for a while now about trains having turrets, specifically laser turrets. There could be separate trains made for with with batteries and cable hookups to the power grid for a recharge to the turrets as well, or have them just run off the normal fuel system inside. Theres similar mods to what I want but its gun/rocket turret and its on cars and tank only, made by Astrinaar, which is what I was hoping for and seems to have the best idea, it just doesnt have exactly what I was looking for. So I was hoping someone could build off it and expand to the idea I had

Sigor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Train turret mod

Post by Sigor »

Is it ok if the laser turret is placed on an internal grid (like power armor personal defense turret)? This would be very customisable, you could alter the turrets/batteries ratio, use different sources of energy or even ditch the batteries completly and run on a fusion generator. Pretty easy to implement, too.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to Ideas and requests for mods
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

MFJE5233
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MFJE5233 »

that would make sense to me. having a customizable grid would also provide slots for shields and such like a power armor grid and such, but instead of a generator, it could just use fuel instead of having its own generator

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Perhaps Armored-train will include energy turrets in the future.

Until then any wagon can be turned into a turret with VehicleGrid and personal laser defense.

MFJE5233
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MFJE5233 »

VehicleGrid works just as the idea i had planned. I started a new world to try it out and im not to where its useful yet but it looks like it works just as my idea had planned out. Thank you

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”