Bug: Mods not loading on Steam/OS X from mods folder

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
leonhardprintz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bug: Mods not loading on Steam/OS X from mods folder

Post by leonhardprintz »

Steps to reproduce the bug:
1) Clean installation of Factorio on OS X through Steam.
2) Place place .zip mod files in the mod folder (I unzipped the SeaBlockModPack into the mod folder)
3) Run the game

Result:
No mods are loaded. The game is still vanilla.

Detailed Description:
I've recently played a lot of the Seablock mod collection on an old windows laptop, and I wanted to do the same on my OS X which is more powerful, and better able to run the large bases.

Because Seablock contains a huge list of mods it is important that specific currated versions being installed. The Mod Portal doesn't allow you to choose a version. I therefore install it by downloading a zipped archive of all the mods (each an individual .zip file of the correct version). And I extract this archive and put all the .zip files into the mod folder located at

/Users/leonhardprintz/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio/mods

Unfortunately when I load the game, none of the mods are loaded.

The specific mod pack is viewtopic.php?t=43759, and the zipped archive is available at https://mega.nz/#!KsRmWALB!rWrkg5VQ3ML3 ... C4-VMI7ELo

leonhardprintz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bug: Mods not loading on Steam/OS X from mods folder

Post by leonhardprintz »

After trying again, it somehow worked now. Please disregard this bug report. I have no idea why it didn't work the first time.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”