[MOD 0.12.x] Treefarm REDUX (DISCONTINUED)

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.13] Treefarm REDUX

Post by drs9999 »

Yeah, sorry about that, I haven't had time to update the howTo map, but I hope to get it done soon...
(If you're really curious about it you can use the old treefarm version (1.2.7) in connection with the map, the mod versions don't differ that much currently)
Berserker55 wrote:I've figured out how to extract wood from a farm, but how do I automate planting?
This is shown in the very first screenshot in the OP (although with outdated graphics). You can ignore the blue-ish items, which is fertilizer, but it's optional. So what you have to do is process raw-wood into germlings and supply the field with them. The field starts autoplanting them and as soon as they are grown, it will harvest the trees and put the wood into the chest from which you can extract it then. And you don't have to supply it with fuel, I know that this is possible, although it's not intended.

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

drs9999 wrote:you don't have to supply it with fuel, I know that this is possible, although it's not intended.
i thought the gremlings were fuel. o_O supply the field with gremilings and the "out of fuel" sign goes away.

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

Berserker55 wrote:New to the treefarm mod - the howto map doesnt work with the redux version and now I'm stumped for information.

I've figured out how to extract wood from a farm, but how do I automate planting?
I've tried autocrafting the saplings and inserting them into the farm or the farm chest, but neither works. Also I figured out you can supply the farm with fuel, but what's the point of that? The trees grow anyway.
the best thing i can suggest you do is what i did - create a game in sandbox mode, have all technologies researched and then just go through every recipe and build everything you can on that Tree-Farm tab. You'll probably learn how to do things in no time.

remember that to speed up the process of building things you can use a couple of console commands:

/c game.player.insert{name="item-name", count=1}
/c game.player.force.manualcraftingspeedmodifier = 200
/c game.player.force.researchalltechnologies()
/c game.alwaysday=true

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

And here comes the new update. Just uploaded Treefarm-AC v0.1.2.

In short it's a balancing update.

First I reworked the coal-production-chain. The new item-ratio for the process is as follows:
wood : charcoal : coal : coke
20 : 18 : 3,6 : 3,6.
Fuel-values weren't touched.
That means it won't make sense anymore to process your wood into the "highest tier" fuels, because you would loose energy in the process. However it still makes sense to process either wood into charcoal or "coal-ore" into coke-coal for supplying your boilers (with these recipies you still gain energy).
Also you can process the wood into coal if you (really) need it to keep your production (that require coal as an ingredient) running.

Furthermore I reworked the biomass recipies. The self-replicating recipe is gone and was replaced, well with another self-replicating recipe :D But now it also requires fertilizer and water. This makes the setup more complicated, but I also increased the output as compensation for it.

Addionally, the glue-rocket was removed (glue-turret was also renamed to rocket-turret). As a replacement I added poison- and slowdown-rockets which can be shot with the rocket-turret. For now they have the same effect like their capsule counterparts. However I probably have to tweak that a bit (Suggestions wanted ;))

And last but not least I also updated the HowTo savegame (which can be found in his own thread). I hope it will be useful as an introduction for the mod.

As always: Enjoy!

P.S. this version should be savegame-compatible with all older Treefarm-AC versions!

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

New turrets are pretty cool! like them so far, gonna take more time to test properly though.

What i don't really understand is that there's no rocket in the recipe for poison/slowdown rockets. Those are just capsule+glue. o_O shouldn't be called rockets then probably :)

New biomass recipe works for me although it's barely different from the other recipe, either way 1 biomass = 1 fertilizer + 10 water over 10 sec, so i don't really see the point of having 2 recipes there.

The other thing i'd wanna know other people opinion on is Plastic made from biomass.

Practically there's a recipe in Tree-Farm: plastic = cellulose = biomass = fertilizer = phosphate + potassium = stone + science packs 1. Which means you can make plastics from stone + iron + copper. Kinda feels strange to me. But maybe it's justified..

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

It's there specifically to give an alternative to oil-limited plastic, though it's much Much more complex to create, particularly now that there's no way to use only tree-based recipes for it. :-| (I'll miss the bio-reactor fields that could compare in size and density to accumulator fields.)

Actually, that seems to be the exact opposite of the basis of Treefarm (to me anyway), since coal is craftable, and oil never completely runs out, but iron and copper and stone do. Not that I really object to a way to make something more useful out of stone, but it's easier to ensure a (practically) permanent supply of oil than it is ores and stone. (As in, for games that are >30hr.)

I've got a feeling I'm just rambling at this point though.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

First I missed that one:
XyLe wrote:
drs9999 wrote:you don't have to supply it with fuel, I know that this is possible, although it's not intended.
i thought the gremlings were fuel. o_O supply the field with gremilings and the "out of fuel" sign goes away.
Technically speaking yes,they are a fuel, but they aren't used as fuel from the gameplay perspective. That's what I meant with it.
XyLe wrote:What i don't really understand is that there's no rocket in the recipe for poison/slowdown rockets. Those are just capsule+glue. o_O shouldn't be called rockets then probably :)
That makes sense, though.
XyLe wrote:New biomass recipe works for me although it's barely different from the other recipe, either way 1 biomass = 1 fertilizer + 10 water over 10 sec, so i don't really see the point of having 2 recipes there.
Me neither... Actually I didn't consider/ forgot that in the 2nd recipe (which uses biomass as ingridient) consumes the initial biomass :oops: SO I can see two solutions here, not sure which one I prefer:
a) lower the amount of needed biomass as ingridient
b) increase the output amount
XyLe wrote:Practically there's a recipe in Tree-Farm: plastic = cellulose = biomass = fertilizer = phosphate + potassium = stone + science packs 1. Which means you can make plastics from stone + iron + copper. Kinda feels strange to me. But maybe it's justified..
I always imagine that science-packs are some sort of chemicals. And in this case are used to extract the minerals from the pure stone.
n9103 wrote:I'll miss the bio-reactor fields that could compare in size and density to accumulator fields.
I wonder if it would make sense to add it back in, but then only as a lower tier version before you can use the bioreactor. But again not sure though.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

The latest translate for this nice mod - look to my dropbox folder in the sign ↓

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.13+] Treefarm REDUX

Post by drs9999 »

Just uploaded quick bugfix release for both TF-Lite & TF-AC.

There was a bug in TF-AC that it wasn't possible to use fertilizer in fields-mk1. And because of this I didn't noticed an error in TF-Lite, so I had to update it as well.

I also included unkrainian & russian translation from Vitduo, thanks for them!

Note: If you want to use the new AC version you also have to download the newest Lite version. They're savegame-compatible, however I noticed that inserters won't place fertilizer into already placed fields until their output-inventory was cleared (if it wasn't empty before updating).

delfiler
Inserter
Inserter

Post by delfiler »

sorry if this is the wrong spot to do it but if you need a translator to dutch (holland) i can do it for you

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

delfiler wrote:sorry if this is the wrong spot to do it but if you need a translator to dutch (holland) i can do it for you
That would be great!

delfiler
Inserter
Inserter

Post by delfiler »

drs9999 wrote:
delfiler wrote:sorry if this is the wrong spot to do it but if you need a translator to dutch (holland) i can do it for you
That would be great!
well okay are you gonna add something new to the mod soon? just so that i can instantly add it to the translation list

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Nope, nothing new is planned for the near future.

delfiler
Inserter
Inserter

Post by delfiler »

okay good then i will start today on it but can't PM you on this form yet so expect me to post it here or if i'm luck pm you

edit: okay just got the option to pm :lol:

delfiler
Inserter
Inserter

Post by delfiler »

oh the newest version doesn't work with the older one cause everything that was already build was removed

and can i add your mod to a modpack?

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

delfiler wrote:oh the newest version doesn't work with the older one cause everything that was already build was removed
If you mean v1.2.7 with older one then this is known and was intended.
delfiler wrote:and can i add your mod to a modpack?
As long as it doesn't hurt the license, I'm ok with it.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

Hello,
I've got a little question:

The F mod contains white and yellow trees. How can I make both to grow on your treefarms and am I even allowed to?
If I am allowed to, can you give me short instructions?

Thank you in advance! :D
Former moderator.

Nagshell
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nagshell »

About F-mod trees. As I was looking at them, they are not considered trees by the game. Maybe you could look into DyTech or Coffee(small add-on for treefarm) files, there are working examples.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

Nagshell wrote:About F-mod trees. As I was looking at them, they are not considered trees by the game. Maybe you could look into DyTech or Coffee(small add-on for treefarm) files, there are working examples.
In F mod 2.0.0, the trees are trees. And if you say it, I'll use them. :D
Former moderator.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Kajanor wrote:
Nagshell wrote:About F-mod trees. As I was looking at them, they are not considered trees by the game. Maybe you could look into DyTech or Coffee(small add-on for treefarm) files, there are working examples.
In F mod 2.0.0, the trees are trees. And if you say it, I'll use them. :D
Yes. that's what I would suggest as well. Additionally you can find a most-minimalistic example at the bottom of the OP.

if something is unclear, feel free to contact me, I'm sure we can sort it out then.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”