Bug Reports

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Doskan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Doskan »

drs9999 wrote:
Doskan wrote:Still present in 1.1.6
Sorry, but I can't reproduce it. For me everything works fine... Seeds go to fuel-slot, fertilizer goes to input and wood is placed into the output-slot (also tested without fertilizer).
I apologize for the post, was my fault, i was using version 10.0, wich apparently its not working properly, i just updated to 10.2 and it works just as it should

15Cyndaquil
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 15Cyndaquil »

I have found that in the 1.1.6 version that the corkery image doesn't rotate with the machine.
The more complicated the game the better

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

15Cyndaquil wrote:I have found that in the 1.1.6 version that the corkery image doesn't rotate with the machine.
Not a bug, because intented.
I could define different sprites for the directions, but the problem is that the collision-box doesn't change according to the current direction, so this would lead to even more confusion. The reason why you didn't notice that with vanilla-buildings (assembly-type-buildings) is simply because they all have a square-foundation/collision-box.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

It's probably not a bug but I noticed performance issue with Field Mk2. I built 6 fields mk2 and when all trees grown I got spikes every second. Every second game slow down a little bit. I checked debug mode and saw that Treefarm script oscillate. When I remove all trees in field area, spikes gone (also oscillation stops).

Demonpriest
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Demonpriest »

Hi,

I have a compatibility issue with Treefarm and the Dytech mod. I already made a report in the Dytech bug section, but Dysoch said the error i get would come from the treefarm mod, not his.
Demonpriest wrote:
Dysoch wrote:
Demonpriest wrote:HI,

i ran into a problem with dytech core and treefarm, loading a savegame with dytech stuff already build/researched i get this error message:

Error while running the onload: ...im\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\DyTech-Core|control.lua:52: Error when running interface function treefarm.addSeed: ...ppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\Treefarm-Mod|interfaces.lua:6: attempt to index field 'treefarm' (a nil value)

Only happens when i try to load a savegame where dytech stuff is already build/researched, other saves "seem" to work (didnt test much).
Which treefarm do you use? Because this is a treefarm error, not mine.
Just downloaded today, so i guess its v1.1.6 (cant find a version reference in the files).

Edit:

I think i should explain a few things for a better understanding:

1. Im currently using the dytech modules Core, Energy and Warfare (latest versions). I used a lot of stuff from core and warfare, energy i only activated for the insane pollution from the boilers to attract biters :)
2. Other mods in use are floors ( used only to get around the save loading issue from 10.1 or 2, dont remember) and advanced equipement.
3. In case you asked for which treefarm i use in the save, i didnt build one, i wanted to automate rubber production and from my understanding reading through the forums this is only possible with the treefarm mod, so i installed it, BUT i cant even load the savegame in which i wanted to use it, because the error i mentioned prevents me from loading it. New games and savegames before building/researching any stuff from dytech start just fine, only the save with stuff from dytech already in use/build/researched gives me that error upon loading.
Edit: resolved
comlink wrote:
Ok, I managed to work a quick fix for this that lets you load the game. The issue is in the control.lua file at the line specified. All you have to do is remove or comment out the code that checks if Treefarm is installed, and it will load your save. Then save in another slot (name) and change the file back. Here's the relevant code to remove/comment out:

Code: Select all

if (remote.interfaces.treefarm) and (remote.interfaces.treefarm.addSeed) then
			local errorMsg = remote.call("treefarm", "addSeed", allInOne)
			--if errorMsg ~= nil then game.player.print (errorMsg) end
		end
	else
		glob.compatibility.treefarm=false
		for seedTypeName, seedTypeInfo in pairs (glob.trees.seedTypes) do
			if game.itemprototypes[seedTypeInfo.states[1]] == nil then
				glob.trees.isGrowing[seedTypeName] = nil
				glob.trees.seedTypes[seedTypeName] = nil
			end
		end
Have nice day. :)

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Neotix wrote:It's probably not a bug but I noticed performance issue with Field Mk2. I built 6 fields mk2 and when all trees grown I got spikes every second. Every second game slow down a little bit. I checked debug mode and saw that Treefarm script oscillate. When I remove all trees in field area, spikes gone (also oscillation stops).
That's weird. Yes the code that handles the fields is called every second, but each field is called independently from the others and depends only on the build-time. So let's say field A was build in tick 101and field B in tick 123. The code to maintain field A is called in tick 161, 221, 381, ... whereas the code for field B is execuded in tick 183, 243, 303, ...

And for the trees it works similar. Only difference is that the timespan between two update-cycles isn't fixed, but calculated each time a tree is planted/grows.

On the other side, 6 fields means a lot of trees and so a lot of processing...

So I wouldn't call it a bug

frecherEngel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by frecherEngel »

Hi,
I have the problem that I can build the TreeFarm though and fill with seeds. However, the seeds or seedlings are not planted, so it produces no wood.
I have the mod several times downloaded and installed today and I'm always came to the same result. Besides the TreeFarm Mod I have currently instaled no other.
German
If you can better explain it in German, you can do it via PM like.

Greed frecherEngel

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Have you build the farm manualy or robots build it?

frecherEngel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by frecherEngel »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:Have you build the farm manualy or robots build it?
I have build it manualy. To test even the first and only building.

Can it be that it with the version of the game has something in it?

Regards frecher Engel

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Hello there,
I just checked it and everything works fine for me.
Which Factorio version do you use? The latest mod-version won't work with Factorio < 0.10.3

frecherEngel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by frecherEngel »

drs9999 wrote:Hello there,
I just checked it and everything works fine for me.
Which Factorio version do you use? The latest mod-version won't work with Factorio < 0.10.3
Ok, I think there will be the problem. I have installed an older version of the game for the time. Unfortunately I have to manually install the newer probably because the updater in the game does not work.

Thank you very much for the help.

Ackos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ackos »

Is the cokery meant to have an energy consumption of only 6W?

Spharv2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Spharv2 »

I am unable to produce fertilizer. I get all the ingredients, it starts working, the green bar reaches the end and...nothing. No production, nothing can be extracted, it just stops with a full green bar. Is this an effect of adding it into a game in progress?

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Ackos wrote:Is the cokery meant to have an energy consumption of only 6W?
Yes that is intended.
Spharv2 wrote:I am unable to produce fertilizer. I get all the ingredients, it starts working, the green bar reaches the end and...nothing. No production, nothing can be extracted, it just stops with a full green bar. Is this an effect of adding it into a game in progress?
That's weird though. Can you please post a screenshot of your setup and/or upload the savegame.

Kaabuka
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kaabuka »

drs9999 wrote:
Spharv2 wrote:I am unable to produce fertilizer. I get all the ingredients, it starts working, the green bar reaches the end and...nothing. No production, nothing can be extracted, it just stops with a full green bar. Is this an effect of adding it into a game in progress?
That's weird though. Can you please post a screenshot of your setup and/or upload the savegame.
I have the same problem, but only with the x100.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Kaabuka wrote:I have the same problem, but only with the x100.
Oh, I see...
The problem is that the recipe produces 100 fertilizer, but the maximum stack-size = 50.

To fix this you have to increase the fertzilizer-stack-size. To do so open the "items.lua"-file which can be found in the mod-folder/prototypes folder and change the following line (line 84):

stack_size = 50
to

stack_size = 100

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

Hi, I've found a little bug, that crashes the game to main menu when you remove a field (only tested mk1) with a deconstruction planner.
I'd token a screenshot of the error:

Click on the link to see the picture :)
http://1drv.ms/1mzE4V8

Regards
Kajanor
Former moderator.

Spharv2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Spharv2 »

drs9999 wrote:
Kaabuka wrote:I have the same problem, but only with the x100.
Oh, I see...
The problem is that the recipe produces 100 fertilizer, but the maximum stack-size = 50.

To fix this you have to increase the fertzilizer-stack-size. To do so open the "items.lua"-file which can be found in the mod-folder/prototypes folder and change the following line (line 84):

stack_size = 50
to

stack_size = 100
Ah, thank you. That was driving me nuts trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. :mrgreen:

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Kajanor wrote:Hi, I've found a little bug, that crashes the game to main menu when you remove a field (only tested mk1) with a deconstruction planner.
Thanks, for the report. This will be fixed in the next release. Which will be probably available when the next Factorio version is released, too.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:( Bug!!! More items in inventory.. fix thanks

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”