Mod-Header Discussion (PLEASE READ)

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mod-Header Discussion (PLEASE READ)

Post by Afforess »

daniel34 wrote:
ssilk wrote:
Outsider wrote: Image
As code:

Code: Select all

[img]https://img.shields.io/badge/Name%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20-Concrete%20Logistics-red.svg[/img]
[img]https://img.shields.io/badge/Description-Automated%20Concrete%20Placement%20With%20Logistics%20Networks-orange.svg[/img]

That is not searchable, neither phpbb-search nor google will find good relevance with this. But I admit, it would look quite cool. :)
Don't know about google (but pretty sure it also finds names in image links), but phpbb has no problem with it:
search.php?keywords=gameplay&terms=all& ... mit=Search

Although the only thing I don't really like about it that it is not easily seen at first glance which of the badges are actual links, and which just information. Only hovering over them with the mouse tells you if it's a link.

@Afforess:
you should replace %20 for the space character with _ (an underline) which is automatically changed into a space by shields.io.
Dashes -- → - Dash
Underscores __ → _ Underscore
_ or Space → Space

EDIT: Forum search will not work for words between %20 characters.
Good to know.

Edit: I tried to align them with the %20 but spaces are not pixel perfect:
img
I am going to fork the shields.io and see if I can add a leftPad parameter to get exact pixel padding. I did notice a ?logoWidth=X where you can rightPad the label, but it looks very awkward.

logoWidth

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

So I did implement a pull request for the rightPad (I realized it was really right padding).

I also am running my own shield server for the interim at http://shields.raleigh.afforess.com/try.html

I updated the post to use the right padding: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=18932

Better? Worse?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

In the search I see just walls of text and the functionality depends now on servers, which the development cannot influence. If time goes by and forum-users have other interests this will not work anymore and suddenly.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

ssilk wrote:In the search I see just walls of text and the functionality depends now on servers, which the development cannot influence. If time goes by and forum-users have other interests this will not work anymore and suddenly.
Yea, I was just hosting as a demo. I do think ultimately the text wins out here.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”