Which waterfill to match lake color?

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Which waterfill to match lake color?

Post by zOldBulldog »

I was using the old untreaceablesmurf waterfill mod to restore lake sections I had landfilled. But lakes come with 2 colors of water so the result looks wrong. There are many waterfill mods, but most descriptions are clear as mud.

Anyone know which of the waterfill mods is the *simplest* that provides both water colors we see in lakes?

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Which waterfill to match lake color?

Post by Xorimuth »

If you just want to be able to remove landfill, try https://mods.factorio.com/mod/simple_landfill_mining. It will restore the water tile to exactly what it was before, but only if you'd placed the landfill after installing the mod (since otherwise, the game had deleted the information).
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Which waterfill to match lake color?

Post by zOldBulldog »

Xorimuth wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:34 pm
If you just want to be able to remove landfill, try https://mods.factorio.com/mod/simple_landfill_mining. It will restore the water tile to exactly what it was before, but only if you'd placed the landfill after installing the mod (since otherwise, the game had deleted the information).
Thanks, I mostly want to remove landfill while sometimes (rarely) I will want to place water.

Unfortunately I already used landfill and untreaceablesmurf's waterfill on this map, so I need something that doesn't just erase my own landfill.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”