New to game hive mind mod question

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Johnm81
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New to game hive mind mod question

Post by Johnm81 »

I love the hive mind mod. I literally prefer playing the bugs to the engineers now. I wanted to know if there is a way to make all other bugs hostile to me when I'm a biter?

Thanks

Johnm81
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: New to game hive mind mod question

Post by Johnm81 »

Update: Haven't figured out how to make other biters aggressive to me but I did find the Mikeplay1 updated hive mind and its even more awesome. My thanks to Mikeplay1 and Klonin.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

try the Biter Factions mod.

Johnm81
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Johnm81 »

ptx0 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:34 am
Does that work with hive mind mod?

Johnm81
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Johnm81 »

Johnm81 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 7:20 pm
ptx0 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:34 am
Does that work with hive mind mod?
It doesn't work with hive mind. You can build factions between biters but you can't become a biter. Just says "no spawners available to convert" when you try to become a biter.

Johnm81
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Johnm81 »

So talked to mitchplay and he got me thinking. That a resource the mod requires are vanilla hives. So here is what I did. I load a vanilla game with only his mod. I join the hive save and exit. So that resource isn't needed anymore as I am already apart of the hive. I then turn on the biter faction mod rejoin the game and after waiting a little bit of time for the faction mod to organize and assign factions it works! Other faction hives attack me and I can attack them back!

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Johnm81 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:59 pm
So talked to mitchplay and he got me thinking. That a resource the mod requires are vanilla hives. So here is what I did. I load a vanilla game with only his mod. I join the hive save and exit. So that resource isn't needed anymore as I am already apart of the hive. I then turn on the biter faction mod rejoin the game and after waiting a little bit of time for the faction mod to organize and assign factions it works! Other faction hives attack me and I can attack them back!
perfect! i assumed you'd add it to an existing game :)

can you keep us updated on how it goes? that sounds kinda fun.

Johnm81
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Johnm81 »

ptx0 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:08 am
Johnm81 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:59 pm
perfect! i assumed you'd add it to an existing game :)

can you keep us updated on how it goes? that sounds kinda fun.
It's going well. I have not seen any bugs or conflicts in game play. One exception to that is your structures don't give you vision so you need to keep some of your biters near all of your proxy nests to see what's going on there. What I have been doing is going into sandbox mode making an engineer 'base' and with the droid army mod loading them up with their own army. Then do the above mod jujitsu with biter factions and now I am playing a game were there is a goal of wrecking the human base while fending off biter attacks on my own nests.

One thing I have noticed is if you want a big challenge start the game in deathworld mode and try not to build your nests near the other AI biters that are apart of your faction as those guys will help defend your stuff if the enemy biters get close to them.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”